(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

i love all the early morning pics in epcot--so pretty!

i love the last picture of your medal with the blurry background and your skirt and shoes. so artsy. i only get those shots by accident....

way to go, tweedles! you did it!

Love the pics...and what an awesome race! I love the medals too...so awesome!! And how fun that you get to have a visit in Chicago too!! Funny about the stilts guys lol

As we ran up, I tripped on the stiltwalkers stilts and nearly took him down!!!!! :rotfl2:

Because that's exactly what you want to do to a stiltwalkers ...

We really just took our time at this point, enjoying it all. I think I could have just walked the whole thing, taking pictures!

I think this is the best way to do a Disney race. Yes, you have to finish before you get swept. But enjoy the race, take your time, take pictures, and have fun!
(I, of course, realized this nugget of wisdom about 2.5 miles into my 5K...)

Well, not long after I wondered where they were, they were everywhere.

Maybe you should have wondered earlier?

Notice the SPAZZHANDS in all the shots. I think this became our signature Tweedle move.

It is a pretty unique signature move...

TweedleClueless was at work again...she didn't notice that she had directions to the PARTY in her pants in all these shots! :rotfl2:

Party in her pants ... I don't think that's considered Disney-appropriate?

GSC%20456.jpg

I'm sorry, but Beyoncé had one of the best races of all time!

Around the Boardwalk my Tweedle was starting to have some more pain in her knee/IT Band. We tried to slow it down and take it easy.

Aw, pain, sad! I'm glad she was a trooper and kept going, even if you had to slow down.

I love the flying hair in this picture!

BEST. RACE. EVER. :lovestruc

Yay!

and what a great way to end this update by sharing that I get to see my Tweedle this September! No, we're not going to Disney together, but I'm headed up to Chicagoland for a brief concert trip and I'll be staying with my Tweedle for a night! I'm pretty excited!! :woohoo:

Double yay!

I'm back from Disney! What a hoot to see you posted the pic of 'the spot' I sent you! I made Becca take that picture and she was all like "why am I taking this picture mom"..and I'm like "JUST DO IT!"

The race recap made me smile. Party in my pants.........:rotfl2: The TweedleBossy Pic!!! :rotfl:

I will go through and find my 10K pictures- maybe tonight. I got a wicked cold so we'll see.....I may be lucky to make it through the day!

Pain or no pain- this race MADE my Glass Slipper Challenge weekend. Not to spoil the report- but my half was NOT fantastic... but this race was! I had so, so, so much fun! :lovestruc Tweedle races are the best races. Evah!

And I'm so freakin' excited I get to see my Tweedle in September for a wee-bit! Woo-hoo!!!!!

Ok, I need to get some work done. But seriously hoping I can add to this SOON. I have been such a TweedleSlack.

And look- RED!!!! :thumbsup2 Tweedle's back in the game!

I'm glad you're back! And way to go remembering the red!

I can't wait to see your pics, but feel better first!

YAY Tweedle Confused is back...although I loved her mom/daughter trip pictures and wanted them to continue. I am going down that whole memory rode right now with my DD...graduation is Friday and I am already thinking of all the things I wished I had done with her! Enjoy these moments Nicole, they go by so fast!

I have to say that I am 200% jealous of your 10K not only because of the awesome costumes and the medal...but because of how much fun you had together. That is totally what I had in my mind for the PHM...which we know did not happen like I had wanted it to. I know you 2 had a blast just listening to you that night at Via Napolis (would you get there already in this TR). I cant believe you almost took out the stilt walkers...:scared1: classy move!

:jumping1: So happy that you Tweedles get a meet up in Chicago...can't wait for Bossy to meet Captain Killjoy!

i love all the early morning pics in epcot--so pretty!

i love the last picture of your medal with the blurry background and your skirt and shoes. so artsy. i only get those shots by accident....

way to go, tweedles! you did it!

Thanks! I took a few like that, the one I posted was my favorite. I'm a bit obsessed with medal shots! It was so gorgeous to run around Epcot with the sun coming up and the torches all lit!

Love your race recap!

Thank you!! :lovestruc

Love the pics...and what an awesome race! I love the medals too...so awesome!! And how fun that you get to have a visit in Chicago too!! Funny about the stilts guys lol

Thanks! It really was an awesome race!!

Because that's exactly what you want to do to a stiltwalkers ...

It's the Tweedle-way...fall down on your face, trip, and take as many with you as you can! :rotfl2:

I think this is the best way to do a Disney race. Yes, you have to finish before you get swept. But enjoy the race, take your time, take pictures, and have fun!
(I, of course, realized this nugget of wisdom about 2.5 miles into my 5K...)

It was really so much fun, it makes me want to do more challenges because then I can have fun the shorter race and challenge myself the second!

Maybe you should have wondered earlier?

Now that I've quoted this, it doesn't show me what you were responding to...but yes, I should ALWAYS WONDER EARLIER. Always. :thumbsup2

It is a pretty unique signature move...

This was kind of our plan, the SPAZZAJAZZARIT SPAZZHAND move. It started when I did it (kind of unknowingly) for the PHM 2014 finish line pic.

Party in her pants ... I don't think that's considered Disney-appropriate?

We Tweedles aren't always Disney-appropriate. That's logic. :dance3:

I'm sorry, but Beyoncé had one of the best races of all time!

:thumbsup2

Aw, pain, sad! I'm glad she was a trooper and kept going, even if you had to slow down.

Me too! I hated that she was in pain but so glad she still enjoyed it!

I love the flying hair in this picture!

I think I whip my head around a lot when I'm running, I always seem to get shots like this!

Yay!

Double yay!

Yay all around! :woohoo:

I'm back from Disney! What a hoot to see you posted the pic of 'the spot' I sent you! I made Becca take that picture and she was all like "why am I taking this picture mom"..and I'm like "JUST DO IT!"

The race recap made me smile. Party in my pants.........:rotfl2: The TweedleBossy Pic!!! :rotfl:

I will go through and find my 10K pictures- maybe tonight. I got a wicked cold so we'll see.....I may be lucky to make it through the day!

Pain or no pain- this race MADE my Glass Slipper Challenge weekend. Not to spoil the report- but my half was NOT fantastic... but this race was! I had so, so, so much fun! :lovestruc Tweedle races are the best races. Evah!

And I'm so freakin' excited I get to see my Tweedle in September for a wee-bit! Woo-hoo!!!!!

Ok, I need to get some work done. But seriously hoping I can add to this SOON. I have been such a TweedleSlack.

And look- RED!!!! :thumbsup2 Tweedle's back in the game!

She's back! She's RED! Color me impressed. :rolleyes1 Now you have yet ANOTHER TR to write and we're not even remotely through this one yet! Oh and you didn't tell me about the bus ride. Weren't you sitting on my lap or was that Cammy? Was that the 10K or the half? I have fuzzy-runner-this-TR-has-taken-too-long-brain! :confused3

YAY Tweedle Confused is back...although I loved her mom/daughter trip pictures and wanted them to continue. I am going down that whole memory rode right now with my DD...graduation is Friday and I am already thinking of all the things I wished I had done with her! Enjoy these moments Nicole, they go by so fast!

I have to say that I am 200% jealous of your 10K not only because of the awesome costumes and the medal...but because of how much fun you had together. That is totally what I had in my mind for the PHM...which we know did not happen like I had wanted it to. I know you 2 had a blast just listening to you that night at Via Napolis (would you get there already in this TR). I cant believe you almost took out the stilt walkers...:scared1: classy move!

:jumping1: So happy that you Tweedles get a meet up in Chicago...can't wait for Bossy to meet Captain Killjoy!

I've been in full-fledge mid-life crisis over my kids growing up Tammie! I'm feeling ya! :hug:

The 10K really was the perfect race to just ENJOY and have fun! I will always want to do them now, prior to a long race!

Uh...I forgot I had to meet Captain Killjoy! I'm SCARED!!! :scared1:

WARNING: This update may be completely backwards and fabricated because I do not remember the order we did things after the race while at MK. My photos are in a certain order and hopefully they uploaded in order (sometimes they don't). If not, we at LEAST did these things, maybe just not in the order I think we did!

So we had finished our amazing 10K and gotten back to AKL to clean up. As I mentioned before, I am confusing the two days and cannot remember which bus ride is which, but either way, we got back to the resort and took turns showering and getting our matching outfits ready. Tweedles have to MATCH! We planned this for months. I'm sure you are not surprised! :chat:

I believe we ate at Mara as well, after getting cleaned up, but since there's no photographic evidence (THIS is why I take so many photos of everything!) and no journal (lesson learned, I will never forget to journal again!) I have no clue. It most likely involved Nicole eating like a bird and me stuffing my face rapidly, because that's how I roll. :sad2:

We arrived at MK around 9:40am. How can I remember such a detail?!! Uh, photos people. photos. :rolleyes:
GSC%20309.jpg

It was gorgeous, btw! First order of business, ham it up for more and more and more photos!

GSC%20311.jpg

GSC%20310.jpg

GSC%20312.jpg

Notice that TweedleClueless can also properly be called TweedleWaterguzzler. She carried that thing EVERYWHERE. :rolleyes1

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7226058682_1.jpg

We headed to our first FP of the day, a most necessary ride for me! (and my Tweedle as well)
GSC%20314.jpg

GSC%20315.jpg

Were two photos necessary? Why yes, yes they were. I love this ride THAT much.

Next in my photo lineup is this shot...
GSC%20316.jpg

Do you know what that means? It means Tweedle had to hit the bathroom, AGAIN. I actually don't remember going to the bathroom after PP, but we went so often, how would I remember anyway?!? :lmao:

I actually had no idea we went this direction, but looking at the pics, I guess we did! I busied myself taking photos...
GSC%20317.jpg

GSC%20318.jpg

GSC%20319.jpg

GSC%20320.jpg

She finally emerged and we headed to another Tweedle favorite!

GSC%20321.jpg

From the non-photographic evidence, I guess this was one of those RARE occasions where I decided to enjoy the ride instead of obsess over getting low light photos of it! That's my guess because since there are no photos and my camera did NOT break, that's the only explanation for no photos from the ride.

Ah! I found this gem in the photopass. This is the Tweedles trying to look serious (or dead?) Either way, I can't look at it without breaking into a cackle of laughter!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7226064007_1.jpg

Tweedles were hungry after our spooky ride, so we headed right over to CHH for lunch! I love the lighthouse sandwich there and the quiet upstairs area. I think it was early enough that we missed the lunch crowd.
GSC%20324.jpg

GSC%20323.jpg

GSC%20322.jpg

I remember really enjoying lunch but then apparently I blacked out because there's no photos until we were somehow back over at Big Top Treats, looking for cupcakes? These seems all wrong in my head. I know I'm a pig, but I ate all that lunch (and dessert) and was already looking for cupcakes? And we didn't ride anything between CHH and Big Top?!?!

No! We rode 7DMT first! I don't know where the pics are? I know I took some. There's also a photopass! This picture also makes me laugh because you can see how unimpressed Tweedleclueless is with this ride and I LOVE IT! :laughing:

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7226064162_1.jpg

THEN onto Big Top! I think.
GSC%20325.jpg

GSC%20326.jpg

GSC%20327.jpg

needless to say, there were no appetizing cupcakes to be found, a bit of a trend going on with the cupcakes... Hmmm :scratchin

Somehow we decided to hop on the train and ride around to Big Thunder, for which we had a FP. I think. :laughing:

GSC%20328.jpg

and here is where I leave you. Tweedles boarding the train...

Will we find any cupcakes? Will I remember what we actually did? Probably not, but you'll keep reading. ::yes::

Last edited:
She's back! She's RED! Color me impressed. :rolleyes1 Now you have yet ANOTHER TR to write and we're not even remotely through this one yet! Oh and you didn't tell me about the bus ride. Weren't you sitting on my lap or was that Cammy? Was that the 10K or the half? I have fuzzy-runner-this-TR-has-taken-too-long-brain!

So Ann was right- I'm not back till I prove it..and prove it I didn't last night. Seriously ya'll- I'm super sick.. and sick working mommies don't get breaks. So I am doing what I can just to get through the day. I really, really want to update.

And please, another TR? I am not even thinking about starting one till I can get my act together on THIS one!
It must have been Cammy. As much as we already determined I love your legs... I never got the privilege of sitting on them! :rotfl2:

Uh...I forgot I had to meet Captain Killjoy! I'm SCARED!!!

Bwhahahaha- that makes me laugh. That Cap't Crabbypants Killjoy inspires scaredness! I'd be more scared of the smelly pug and the geriatric cat that throws up and poops at will all around my house!

I believe we ate at Mara as well, after getting cleaned up, but since there's no photographic evidence (THIS is why I take so many photos of everything!) and no journal (lesson learned, I will never forget to journal again!) I have no clue. It most likely involved Nicole eating like a bird and me stuffing my face rapidly, because that's how I roll.

I don't think we went to Mara- I think we went right to MK. And I never, ever eat like a bird- maybe confused with Cammy? :confused3

Notice that TweedleClueless can also properly be called TweedleWaterguzzler. She carried that thing EVERYWHERE.

Water is a life source. Embrace it. :drinking: My own daughter was so annoyed at all my bathroom breaks as well this last trip! "Why do you always have to go to the bathroom mom?" "Again? Seriously?" "We're going to miss our fastpasses Mom!"

Ah! I found this gem in the photopass. This is the Tweedles trying to look serious (or dead?) Either way, I can't look at it without breaking into a cackle of laughter!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7226064007_1.jpg

It's a good thing we are not actors. This is horrible. But so amusing at the same time!

No! We rode 7DMT first! I don't know where the pics are? I know I took some. There's also a photopass! This picture also makes me laugh because you can see how unimpressed Tweedleclueless is with this ride and I LOVE IT! :laughing:

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7226064162_1.jpg

I think I have come to like it. I enjoyed it last weekend. I'm coming around and slowly drinking the Kool-aid.

Great update despite not knowing the order. After a race it's always fun to show off your bling in the parks. I have never eaten at CHH we just always seem to go elsewhere. Great HM Photopass photo though. I also love your search for cupcakes. Big top treats is a favorite of mine especially for those candy apples in the photo.

I think an out of order update goes well with the Tweedle-theme ... is anything really in order in Alice in Wonderland?

Also, if Tweedlewaterguzzler has to go to the bathroom a million times, at least she was nice enough to go to a bathroom that gave you an opportunity to take lots of pictures! She could have gone to one of the more boring bathrooms, but no, she chose one with lots of great things to see & photograph.

No offense, but your Haunted Mansion picture looks a little like you're grumpy, not serious or dead. I guess you'll have to go back on another TweedleTrip & try again.

7DMT is awesome ... I can't understand why Tweedleclueless is unimpressed. At least she enjoyed it a little more on her last trip!

Also, if Tweedlewaterguzzler has to go to the bathroom a million times, at least she was nice enough to go to a bathroom that gave you an opportunity to take lots of pictures! She could have gone to one of the more boring bathrooms, but no, she chose one with lots of great things to see & photograph.

No offense, but your Haunted Mansion picture looks a little like you're grumpy, not serious or dead. I guess you'll have to go back on another TweedleTrip & try again.

7DMT is awesome ... I can't understand why Tweedleclueless is unimpressed. At least she enjoyed it a little more on her last trip!

See, Tweedlebossy, I was being CONSIDERATE about my bathroom usage! :) Hahahaha! Honestly, this is why Cap't Killjoy HATES car rides with me and forbids me to drink anything. We have a 22 hour drive to Yellowstone next year and I have no doubts we'll be divorced by the end of that vacation!

The HM is pretty horrible and yet pretty funny at the same time.

I was more bitter that 7DMT took like 3 years to build for a very short ride when Universal built all of the 2nd Harry Potter land in less time!

Your haunted mansion photo is CRACKING me UP! Hilarious!

While you were waiting for tweedlebathroombreak did you at least find any of the hidden pascals? We only found one last visit.

Can't wait to see what you think happens next!

Your haunted mansion photo is CRACKING me UP! Hilarious!

While you were waiting for tweedlebathroombreak did you at least find any of the hidden pascals? We only found one last visit.

Can't wait to see what you think happens next!

Well I didn't find any hidden pascals, I was too busy finding toilet paper. :)

That sandwich at CHH looked really good!! I have to remember about the quiet upstairs if we make it there for lunch!! I want one of those candy apples now....sigh.

How did I miss all these updates??

Regardless, happy that you finally got to ride EE...not once, twice, three...but four times! Awesome!

The 10K looks so much fun! Cant wait to do one at WDW!!

Thinking of sprucing up the Tweedle costumes & making them Christmasy...I am intrigued! It's so funny how we are already thinking about costumes for a race over a year away.

:rotfl2:The party in Nicole's pants is PRICELESS! Your descriptions of races always make me think I want to run. Then I remember that they're only fun for you because you like running. :rolleyes:

And I love seeing your MK shots! I haven't actually seen the new FL yet so it's so fun to see them. And I can take more in during a TR than trying to look through the eleventy-billion facebook pics all at once. :rotfl:

I thought I would be really behind here but happy to see that the tweedleupdates have been slow.

Your tweedle costumes really were fantastic. You definitely need to "recycle" them at some point.
Love the race pictures and really loved that you had such a fantastic race. You can hear how great it was for you and I know last year wasn't as great so I am very happy for you.

Great that Nicole was such a trooper even though she was in pain. That's got to be so tough. Now you might have said this but did you (Nicole) have pain walking around, etc or was it just aggravated when running?

CHH lighthouse sandwich is the second best vegetarian CS meal, right?

Can't wait to hear about the half!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter