(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

It's ok...I totally get being a cheap drunk lol...I always have visions of taking in all the great drinks at Disney...and then after one I can't handle any more lol. Water certainly helps though...but I get it...you don't want to be running to the bathroom all the time...especially when they are super busy and have lineups...it's hard to win lol

It's ok...I totally get being a cheap drunk lol...I always have visions of taking in all the great drinks at Disney...and then after one I can't handle any more lol. Water certainly helps though...but I get it...you don't want to be running to the bathroom all the time...especially when they are super busy and have lineups...it's hard to win lol

This is probably a good leeway into a Hawaii story... where I had to visit a restroom.. and there was a line (because there was only one- hello? What the what?) so I completely and utterly embarrassed my entire family by bypassing the long line of women waiting for the single stall in the women's bathroom & used the men's.

This is probably a good leeway into a Hawaii story... where I had to visit a restroom.. and there was a line (because there was only one- hello? What the what?) so I completely and utterly embarrassed my entire family by bypassing the long line of women waiting for the single stall in the women's bathroom & used the men's.

Funny! I've totally done that at rock concerts (when I was younger...'ahem a few years ago lol)

I have read your TR's and love them all. I'm thinking of signing up for the Glass Slipper Challenge in 2016 hope to see you all there!

We LOVE Sanaa! Of course we also love Indian food, and would agree generally Sanaa is a very toned down version of Indian food.

I am surprised that Samosas were spicy. We have Samosas all the time and love them, but I've never had spicy ones. (My golf partner is Indian, and his wife makes the most divine Samosas.)

Oh man...have to
Pay attention again to prove your bigger lushes! That night was so frickin cold!

Laughing again but there is no way I could hang with you ladies...booze before the run. I did Rock n Roll Marathon in Vegas and they teased me I never had a drink until it was finished. I just know my body and I baby it for weeks prior to runs. Your trip sounds like fun though, I'd give anything for a GNO:) I can't wait to try Sanaa. I love Indian food and the spicier the better.

I drink a TON of water at home, I have a gallon jug I add lemon juice to and my family makes fun of me daily...but out of town I rarely drink it because I don't have the lemon! I definitely don't drink water while drinking alcohol. ;)

Classic! Savannah would be horrified if I did this, I need to remember that next time I want to annoy her. :rolleyes1Oh look, I almost forgot the BLUE but then I looked at what I typed and saw it wasn't blue. Interesting concept. :rolleyes2

I have read your TR's and love them all. I'm thinking of signing up for the Glass Slipper Challenge in 2016 hope to see you all there!

Yay for GSC!!! I'm sad to say I won't be there for 2016! I know it's going to be hard to watch from home, but I can't afford more than one trip a year (actually, I can't really afford that either. LOL) and we're doing Wine & Dine in 2016! You will love the GSC, it was awesome!!!

We LOVE Sanaa! Of course we also love Indian food, and would agree generally Sanaa is a very toned down version of Indian food.

I am surprised that Samosas were spicy. We have Samosas all the time and love them, but I've never had spicy ones. (My golf partner is Indian, and his wife makes the most divine Samosas.)

I was surprised at the spice in the samosas too but they were still so good, so I kept eating them. I'm guessing that didn't help my stomach issues!

Oh man...have to
Pay attention again to prove your bigger lushes! That night was so frickin cold!

I'm fairly certain we proved we were NOT bigger lushes...but I'm still wondering if you just slid by LOOKING like a big lush when it was really CAMMY who's the lush! I think you might have dumped some of your drinks and not finished them while she was the true boozy! :lmao:

Laughing again but there is no way I could hang with you ladies...booze before the run. I did Rock n Roll Marathon in Vegas and they teased me I never had a drink until it was finished. I just know my body and I baby it for weeks prior to runs. Your trip sounds like fun though, I'd give anything for a GNO:) I can't wait to try Sanaa. I love Indian food and the spicier the better.

In 2014 I didn't touch a drop of alcohol before the race b/c there's no way I can run after drinking and I was really paranoid since it was my first half! I normally won't drink for at least 3-4 days before a race (but it's not normally an issue, I don't drink that much at home, maybe once a month) We planned for this night though, since it was just Thursday and we didn't have the 10K until Saturday and the half until Sunday, I figured we would be ok. AND, Miss Water-pusher made sure we rehydrated all day Friday and Saturday! :thumbsup2 I DO KNOW PEOPLE (ahem!) who drank booze the night before a half marathon and I'm in awe...these happen to be the same lushy Cupcakes I was referring to in the previous response to this one! ;)

I totally did this in Starbucks on the way home from DC the other day. In my defense I was really just trying to get us back on the road faster as this was an unscheduled stop and I was tired of driving...

The meal at Sanaa sounds awesome ... and scraping chocolate off the sides of the drink is definitely very classy. It's chocolate!

And I'm with Tweedledum, water is very important. It's why I got to know the Tangled bathrooms at Magic Kingdom very well ...

I'm fairly certain we proved we were NOT bigger lushes...but I'm still wondering if you just slid by LOOKING like a big lush when it was really CAMMY who's the lush! I think you might have dumped some of your drinks and not finished them while she was the true boozy! :lmao:

Dang it looks like my cover has been busted...:dance3:

In 2014 I didn't touch a drop of alcohol before the race b/c there's no way I can run after drinking and I was really paranoid since it was my first half! I normally won't drink for at least 3-4 days before a race (but it's not normally an issue, I don't drink that much at home, maybe once a month) We planned for this night though, since it was just Thursday and we didn't have the 10K until Saturday and the half until Sunday, I figured we would be ok. AND, Miss Water-pusher made sure we rehydrated all day Friday and Saturday! :thumbsup2 I DO KNOW PEOPLE (ahem!) who drank booze the night before a half marathon and I'm in awe...these happen to be the same lushy Cupcakes I was referring to in the previous response to this one! ;)

Who drank the night before the half?!? :confused3:confused3:confused3

I am searching through pictures trying to figure out how I missed that. I know I drank something, but it was not alcohol cause I don't have that to blame for my antics! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Tweedle Confused and I like to keep it classy...

Who drank the night before the half?!? :confused3:confused3:confused3

I am searching through pictures trying to figure out how I missed that. I know I drank something, but it was not alcohol cause I don't have that to blame for my antics! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Tweedle Confused and I like to keep it classy...

I wasn't talking about you drinking before the PHM, (although I do have some pictures of you CHUGGING CHOCOLATE from a gravy boat) :laughing: I was talking about your first half, the Biggest Loser, where you and Cammy were boozin' it up the night before the race! :thumbsup2

This update will be properly titled (if I could actually find where to put a post title on this new board)..."Tweedles-attempt-their-favorite-ride-morning"...ATTEMPT being the choice word. :rolleyes:

Friday, February 20th (I think) dawned the morning of our REAL Tweedle adventures! Today was our 4-parks-1-day whirlwind! We came prepared with matching outfits and ears...although not so prepared for the weather.
:cold: I have the cutest SparkleSkirt that I was going to wear with my matching Tweedle shirt, but there was NO WAY. It was 28 degrees, I believe, when we awoke and all I could think of is how glad I was that I didn't sign up for the FROZEN 5K that some of our Cupcake friends were running! I'm not sure I've ever been in Florida when it was this cold. I was glad I had brought gloves just in case! I popped (VERY BRIEFLY) out on to the underused balcony to take a shot of the morning.

GSC%20087.jpg

GSC%20088.jpg

There were no animals to be seen! They weren't having this cold either.

My first selfie of the day! I was ready for my favoritest ride in the world!!!
GSC%20093.jpg

I was also prepared. I was not about to get sick this day! There will be days that I get sick on rides, days I get ill from too much booze...but NOT THIS DAY! (if you found any humor in this, you are clearly my geeky LOTR soul mate)

GSC%20092.jpg

I don't remember breakfast. I know I ate it, I can't go without breakfast. I think I had coffee in the room early and then we ate downstairs? WHY don't I have any pictures? See? This is what happens when I don't take photos. I don't remember. But we were READY for this day, we got our bundled up selves on a bus and popped right over the Animal Kingdom to begin our Tweedle adventures!

TA-DA!
GSC%20094.jpg

I so love Spanish moss and nearly everything about this park. It doesn't get nearly enough credit for the THEME park that it is. I know it doesn't have as many rides and it's spread out, but it's just so lush and beautiful! I love it!

GSC%20096.jpg

GSC%20098.jpg

Park #1!
GSC%20099.jpg

GSC%20100.jpg

See our cute shirts?!?! Wouldn't that have looked adorable with my yellow/red/plaid Sparkleskirt?

aviary_1418080275350.jpg

Yeah, I thought so too, but WHATEVER FLORIDA! (30 degrees was still warmer than home, so who am I to complain? Oh wait, I'm ME, and I always complain, so...)

the gloves kind of lent to our Tweedle-look and we both had white gloves, which I thought was an amazing coincidence. but I digress...

We were there at rope drop naturally, so we took a selfie while we waited. (unbeknownst to us we had plenty of waiting ahead of us for even more selfies)

GSC%20095.jpg

Ahhhh, the faces of happy Tweedles, ready to ride their beloved Expedition Everest, completely unaware of what was to come...

how's that foreshadowing? :p

We headed straight to EE...
GSC%20111.jpg

GSC%20112.jpg

MY PRECIOUS!!!
GSC%20114.jpg

GSC%20110.jpg

GSC%20101.jpg

SCREEEEEEEECHING HALT. WAIT, WHAT????

GSC%20103.jpg

The Tweedles were confused. Since when is there a large line outside the queue at rope drop??? :eek:

Okay. They just hadn't opened the actual queue yet (we discerned with our Tweedle smarticles) What's a Tweedle to do? Take more selfies!
GSC%20105.jpg

Uh yeah, that was supposed to be EE behind us. We're the best selfie takers ever.

and do cute Tweedle things like this...
GSC%20106.jpg

So we stood and sat and waited like the good Tweedles we were. At some point we were told they were behind on "cold procedures" opening the ride (it was 43 at this point) and it would be 30 minutes.
GSC%20104.jpg

30 minutes later we heard it would be at least another 30. :worried: I've never wasted my rope drop in a line like this, I was a pretty bummed Tweedle. TweedleDum had been texting Tammie, Cammy, and Amy. They had already finished the Frozen 5K and were just arriving at AK...all before the Tweedles had even gotten on a single ride! We decided to cut our losses (about 45 minutes of rope drop time at this point. boo) and go meetup with The Cupcakes. One last Tweedleselfie was appropriate

GSC%20108.jpg

Will the Tweedles ever ride EE??? Will they be able to conquer 4 parks in one day?!?! :rolleyes1

What a total bummer of a rope drop! And I can't believe it was so cold there! What the heck, Florida weather?

Hey--did you make your tweedle ears? I'm thinking about making some for our girls that are cruise themed. Yours look so good, I'm hoping for some tips!

What a total bummer of a rope drop! And I can't believe it was so cold there! What the heck, Florida weather?

Hey--did you make your tweedle ears? I'm thinking about making some for our girls that are cruise themed. Yours look so good, I'm hoping for some tips!

You made me laugh without trying! Here's why:

We got a LOT of comments on our ears during the trip, so much so that we were often stopped with people asking if I made the ears. At first I would try to explain I purchased them off Etsy, but sometimes when you say Etsy, it's hard to understand and I found this lead to confusion...so I just started lying! :laughing: People would say "Did you make those?" and I would just say "YES!" and it was so much quicker than explaining. (Time is precious at WDW, right?) :confused3

Then occasionally I would feel GUILT for lying and revert to trying to explain that I purchased them! Geez I complicate everything! :rotfl:

So, my longwinded answer to you is, No, I did not make them. I purchased them off Etsy. There are a few sellers making really remarkable ears on Etsy! I'm planning on purchasing more for my next trip. I love the sturdiness of Disney's ears, but they don't have a lot of variety and unique ears seem to be more fun! :thumbsup2

OH and I forgot to announce (since I'm sure you didn't notice my MASSIVE ANNOYING SIGNATURE!) :laughing: that we are planning another Mother/Daughter extravaganza trip next April 2016!! :lovestruc

We are going to Orlando for Playlist Live again at the end of April 2016 and decided to tighten the belts this year so we can do 3 nights at our happy place! Naturally Savannah has requested we stay at HOME (ie, Pop Century) and I'm so excited to go back to WDW with just my girl. We had such a fantastic trip in 2013, I can't believe it will be 3 years when we get back there next year!

I'll probably start yet another PTR once we're done with this TR maybe by the end of summer? :p I certainly can't handle a PTR at this point when I can barely get an update done on a trip that happened a month and a half ago! ;)

I also added my Wine & Dine Half Marathon 2016 ticker for The official Cupcake reunion! It seems so far but I know it will fly by and there will be many new Cupcake & Tweedle adventures soon enough!! party:

I knew there'd be another trip soon!!! There's no way you could go another year without a Disney trip! That is sooo awesome! :yay:

I hate that you can't do titles on the new boards. Titles are the funniest parts of posts sometimes.

Good call with the dramamine ... you don't want to be getting sick on your 4-parks-1-day awesomeness!

I think AK may be the one of best-themed parks ... there's really nothing there that isn't a part of the theme and the themes are so intricate.
That said ... I still don't like AK. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I love the matching tweedle outfits ... especially the (accidental) matching gloves!

I can't believe they didn't have EE open for rope drop. That's a bit of a rope drop fail on Disney's part ... I hope you did get to ride it eventually!

4 parks in one day is something I've always wanted to do but just never have.

AK is tied for my favorite theme park, I thinks amazing with all the details it has.

I was watching all the tweets from the Frozen 5k on how it was really frozen. Can't believe EE was not running right away.

Sanaa looks delish...one day I will make it over to AKL & eat there...& Boma for breakfast too. I might just have to do that during Dopey since no one wants to do all the races with me in a few years :sad:

Cold weather procedures at EE?? I wonder what all that entails that is any different than a regular morning?? Weird.

I am putting this out there right now that I wont drink the night before a half...unlike some of our cupcake ladies (ahem, Tammie & Cammy) -- when I did PHM in 2014 I had a Lapu Lapu the night of the 5K (but I didn't do the 10k) & my next drink wasn't until after the half...a Grey Goose slush....& a beer from Germany...& I think I had a beer at Le Cellier that night at dinner, but really I don't drink much either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter