(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

I KNOW! Disney should pay us Tweedles millions of dollars for our trip report, we've got drama, booze, and cupcakes all wrapped up with a Disney bow here. :p

Why don't they? I suspect we'd be a better panel than those 'Disney Mom Panelists' Right? It's hard to resist a Tweedle. And so many merchandising opportunities....

You'll just have to wait and see, although I wouldn't suggest holding your breath to find out!! :laughing:

This is me sticking out my tongue at you. :crazy2:

Sorry, I called Hollywood. You have too many women in your story and not nearly enough guns. Hollywood won't listen to my pitch. (Sad but true.)

Unless...I can get Kristan Wiig and Melissa McCarthy attached! But they won't return my calls. Darn restraining orders.

Hmmm... it's gonna be hard to get guns into our story. I think the best I can do is some bruises & stunts that end in injury......
You know that Melissa McCarthy is a Chi-girl, right? I'll see what I can do.

And so many merchandising opportunities....

and can I just say that Disney lost SO MUCH MONEY not having Tweedle merch for me. I would have spent a load of cash on Tweedle stuff, but alas, Tweedles are sadly underrepresented at Disney. It's a sad sad shame. :sad:

Okay...seriously trying to get my TR caught up with yours...but I have to admit yours is refreshing my memory!

I love the rules...I did not know we were playing by rules on Friday! I think maybe we need a do over on 4 parks day...maybe Monday after W&DHalf? Then we could really have some fun with the rules.

I had to laugh at your comment about Cammy always knowing where the camera was...so true! And she is so dang adorable....:rotfl2:

I love your excuse for no pictures on the safari...:rotfl2:I am still trying to figure out if there were any pictures or if we where just having too much fun trying to make sure you and Amy not fall out the back!

Of course we would follow you to EE...are you kidding that was the only ride that we had planed to ride...

I am trying to remember what we had to go back to AKL for...somebody forgot something I am sure...but what was it!:confused3

Okay...seriously trying to get my TR caught up with yours...but I have to admit yours is refreshing my memory!

I love the rules...I did not know we were playing by rules on Friday! I think maybe we need a do over on 4 parks day...maybe Monday after W&DHalf? Then we could really have some fun with the rules.

I had to laugh at your comment about Cammy always knowing where the camera was...so true! And she is so dang adorable....:rotfl2:

I love your excuse for no pictures on the safari...:rotfl2:I am still trying to figure out if there were any pictures or if we where just having too much fun trying to make sure you and Amy not fall out the back!

Of course we would follow you to EE...are you kidding that was the only ride that we had planed to ride...

I am trying to remember what we had to go back to AKL for...somebody forgot something I am sure...but what was it!:confused3

Karen's forcing me to go too fast. I need months break between each entry. :)

And I apparently forgot the snack rule- so I wasn't playing by the rules either! We will be so hungover Monday after W&D because we WILL do Jellyrolls Sunday night- right? I need to get my 'old people' songs on!

I think someone needed a camera? That's why you went back?

And I apparently forgot the snack rule- so I wasn't playing by the rules either! We will be so hungover Monday after W&D because we WILL do Jellyrolls Sunday night- right? I need to get my 'old people' songs on!

Why would anyone need a camera when I had mine?? Tammie is already using half my pics in her TR! :rotfl2:

SLOWPOKEUPDATINGTWEEDLE. That's what you are. :snail: I looked for a turtle but couldn't find one. So they have a squirrel and a snail but no turtle? That's logic too. :rolleyes:

One-eyed Tammie! :laughing:

More like one and a half eyed Tammie ...

We were not in line but 5 minues and there was some sort of announcement (hard to hear) that they were shutting back down. W. T. F. !!!!?!?!?!??! :sad:

Not cool!

How could this happen?!? Our perfectly laid plans were crumbling before us. Not only were we not getting to ride our favorite ride EVER, but we didn't get in our required 2 rides at this park (ahem...we'll try to forget that TweedleDum didn't eat a snack here either! ) :p and now we realized in our preoccupation with riding EE that our FP's to Toy Story at DHS were over in a mere 40 minutes! We realized we needed to book it out of the park asap...but not before stopping for some Cupcake pics in front of the Tree of Life!

Man, Disney just was not being cool to you guys ... but at least you got some great pictures!

Then we RAN. At some point on this trip we realized we were doing a LOT of running (this was before the races) :rolleyes:

Well, you need to practice before the races! Park running should be part of your training!

So, we had just been jipped out of our favorite ride and now were in a mad rush to get to yet another ride! Tweedles were having a rash of bad luck. Would things ever look up? Would things get worse? Would there be more running? Would we EVER ride EE? Would anyone face-plant on the concrete??? :rolleyes1

Since the suspense is driving me crazy, I will answer the questions myself ...
Would things ever look up? Yes, eventually
Would things get worse? Probably ... but hopefully not too much worse
Would there be more running? At least 19.3 miles ...
Would you ever ride EE? Yes ... as the last thing you do before you leave
Would anyone face-plant on the concrete? Yes ... but a random stranger, not a cupcake runner.

There you go. No more suspense. I answered all the questions ... and probably just revised your entire trip.

Patience youngins. I'm trying to find our photopass pictures for the next part. There are approx 9,000 pictures and download links to wade through. I think I got ours through the next portion of the TR so I will pause from my frantic downloading activities to update!

Patience youngins. I'm trying to find our photopass pictures for the next part. There are approx 9,000 pictures and download links to wade through. I think I got ours through the next portion of the TR so I will pause from my frantic downloading activities to update!
Do you have my photobucket? I have all our photo pass pics uploaded in a folder! If you can find it and grab them there it might be easier. It's at twoboysnmygirl if that helps?? (Sorry, I'm not home to give you a link... Or make this blue!) ;)

Oh and file 61 has some of the best ones of us if you are wading through all of those! I did that the other day, it took over 2 hours!

Sometimes miracles happen. Things like water parting in a sea...and TweedleDum contributing to her own trip report. Mark this day in history. It's epic. Nicole is back. (maybe only briefly... till other commitments like binge watching TV shows take priority).

My fellow Tweedle has applied the pressure and demanded I take the next update. This requires me to forgo doing work during a workday, find and locate and download approx 9,000 photopass pictures & then write the update. But I do it for you fellow readers. To show my gratitude of reading this report. (or maybe because I don't want to do my work..nah, that couldn't be it, could it?)

We were last 'rushing' out of Animal Kingdom to make our very tight FP+ for Toy Story. We achieved this by stopping to take about 50 pictures in front of the Tree of Life. Eh, priorities. Tweedle Dee has shared those beautiful pictures. Thank you Dee.

We waited, and waited and waited..and waited at the bus stop for that blessed HS bus to come. But our luck wasn't great this morning & this proved true with the darn bus. It just wasn't coming!

When it did arrive, I believe we had approx 15 minutes till the END of our FP+ time. So to recap, that's 15 minutes to drive to HS, get off the bus, make it through security, the front gates & book it to the ride. Um........ things were not looking our way!

I was ready to give up. (say what? FOR SHAME!). Karen- not so much! This was HER ride at HS and d#mnit..we were making it. With that reasoning, we jumped into Type A planning. Option 1- reschedule FP (Fail. all times gone for the day). Option 2- try to plead our case at Customer Service and be issued a new FP. Option 3- Run like h#ll and tell the cast members that YES KAREN DID MAKE THE EARS AND ALIENS ABDUCTED US BRIEFLY WHILE IN TRANSIT TO TOY STORY AND THAT IS WHY WE ARE LATE SO PLEASE LET US ON. (in all caps to indicate Tweedle lying). We decided to go with Option 2 with Option 3 in reserve.

We pulled up to HS with 3 minutes to end of FP time. Oh, it was not looking good. We pushed past cute little kids to be the first off the bus to sprint. First off the bus we were.

And we took off running (uh, this IS a run vacation after all).

Then, not 2 seconds into our run. I entered the World of Wonderland. I WAS Tweedle in Wonderland. I found myself falling down a rabbit hole.. falling, falling...falling...............

What happened was.. um...in my attempt at a sprint... I failed to see a curb. Yup, ya'll. I went DOWN. Like no filter, nothing stopping me DOWN. I tried to take my Tweedle with me (Hey, I fell forward..towards her..it was an unconscious reaction) Thankfully she has stealth like moves and avoided my grasp. Thereby preventing a double tragedy. And down, down, down I went.

And landed- smack dab on my leg and hip of my already injured leg. (IT band injury while training). UGGGG!!! It Hurt SO BAD. And I'm also a rather shy person and so I was quite mortified. Because it was like time stood still at Disney. And this general hush fell over the area as everyone stopped and stared . Thinking, most likely, I was dead. Because that's what I felt like. But- in the case of me... mortification trumps injury. And so I jumped up like a jack in a jack and box and declared my 'fineness'. And then wanted to run as fast as I could away from that scene forever...... Karen also wanted to pretend she didn't know me or the situation and so had no problem with running off either.

Now, for those who are still reading this without any pictures (anyone, anyone.. Bueller?) I had a bruise the size of Texas for weeks and man, my body HURT for days. Hence the life of an uncoordinated Tweedle. Sigh.

But the real question is DID WE MAKE THE RIDE?!

We ran through security and entrance (remember to get away from mortification). I pushed that pain aside in an attempt to find customer service. OH NO. The line was about 100 people deep. That is not an option. Ahhh, that leaves only Option 3- run like h#ll and claim ALIEN ABDUCTION. And so, my friends, we sprinted. This is how Tweedles vacation- who wants to join our next one? Ha!

Okay, for the love of everything, let's put some pictures in here...

We sprinted towards the ride.

I believe we arrived at the FP+ gate, huffing and puffing, about 8 minutes after our time ended. We must have looked pathetic because we didn't even need to launch into our ET story. She took one look at us and said 'you are fine- go!'. Oh Disney gods, thank you! It was not all for naught. The tide is turning...........

Relieved, Injured & Determined to change the course of the day Tweedles!

We got to ride our ride. Karen beat me. Just a wee bit.

Ironically I see that she was 'blue' and I was 'red' - Just like this trip report....

And, I even scrapped the event. Because now I can laugh (ok, I was laughing about it as soon as we were in line at Toy Story and none of the witnesses were around)

We decided it was time for a cupcake. We deserved it! And so off we headed to Starring Rolls...

But not before the TweedlePhotoHogs found more Photopass opportunities.

And the award for most awkward picture goes to...........these two, in the giant heart.

Why? Well, why not. It's logic.

After our TweedleLove picture, we finally made it to Starring Rolls. I'm not really sure what this picture is or what I was doing.. but here you go- my head.

And, current status of the 'hat' as of that day-

So long, hat.

We arrived at Starring Rolls- texted the Cam/Tam/Amy trio to see where they were.. found out they were on their way to HS as we spoke. So they were going to meet us.. Meanwhile, we would pursue our options.... Oh, what to get?

The also had a Glass Slipper Cupcake. Score- for the Glass Slipper Runners....

What did we choose? Well, these:

A chocolate PB & Butterfinger cupcake. YUMMY.

We sat down and waited for our cupcake crew...

And.. I define the word classy.

The Cupcake Crew finally arrived & made their choices of cupcakes. I know there was a picture of us all eating them but it has gone missing and in an effort to FINISH an update, I will forgo that picture for now.

The flats had their favorite but I will leave that to Tammie to share.

(and adding and UGG, because I finished the d#mn update but then some d#mn security breach occured (too many swear words?) and it only saved TO THIS POINT. IRRITATING)

Yes, I realize it is my fault for not backing up/saving. I usually almost do..and failed to this time. Of course.

Anyways- back to it.

So... We finished our cupcakes and headed off to Tower of Terror. My 2nd favorite ride in the World. Since I couldn't ride my first (EE) I was DEF. riding the second! Our FP+ overlapped by 10 minutes and we decided to ride together.

So off we went- here...

Karen wanted a picture in front of her FAVORITE RIDE. (Tweedle lying, remember?)

She actually feels more like this:

So we made her the official bag holder..and off we went. We found out we JUST missed a break down. Woo hoo- our luck is turning!

The Flats were tightly held in Tammie's hands- they were riding too! We offered to help hold but Tammie has dependency problems with the flats...and she curtly declined the offer at the time.

We were so excited to see we made FIRST ROW. And somewhere in there, Tammie gave up control of Flat Kafi. And I got the honor of holding her up for the ride.

Thank for the honor.

Tweedles rides & snacks were done. It was time for us to move to Park #3 of our day. The Cupcake Crew still had some FP to use and so they stayed in HS. And so we said our temporary goodbyes and moved onwards to the next park.

On our way out we held a small memorial service at the 'fall site' (no we didn't) and our eye caught the Epcot ferry coming our way. What good timing...

But..oh no.. what's this? A photopass stop? What to do? Make the ferry or get a picture taken? Well, we did what all good photopass wh#res do.... we got in line for a picture. Duh.

Course the family in front of us had to take 1,000 combos of pictures... there were some under the breath utterings of 'enough!' by a certain Tweedle named Dum. And finally it was our turn where we said "quick. .take a picture"

Not as good as the heart picture, but let's be honest.. none will ever be...

Bruised. Battered. But not Defeated.

Tweedle Power.

We ran (again) towards the ferry. Made it & were on our way to Epcot.

(Miracles do happen, but not the miracle of remembering red. Edit to add red)

This is great! Btw, I'm pretty sure all FP+ have a "buffer" window of 15 minutes. I've never used it, but I've heard they have that for emergencies and issues like buses, dining reservations, etc. Plus I'm sure a cast member would help you out as long as you're not unreasonably late. But, as I've said, I don't think we've ever had to use it.

Glad you made it to TSMM! Excited to hear about your adventures in Epcot! This is a fun goal, making 4 parks in day.

Sometimes miracles happen. Things like water parting in a sea...and TweedleDum contributing to her own trip report. Mark this day in history. It's epic. Nicole is back. (maybe only briefly... till other commitments like binge watching TV shows take priority).

Yay! A Miracle!
On behalf of all your readers (or not), we appreciate you taking time off from the very important job of binge watching TV shows to update.

What happened was.. um...in my attempt at a sprint... I failed to see a curb. Yup, ya'll. I went DOWN. Like no filter, nothing stopping me DOWN. I tried to take my Tweedle with me (Hey, I fell forward..towards her..it was an unconscious reaction) Thankfully she has stealth like moves and avoided my grasp. Thereby preventing a double tragedy. And down, down, down I went.

Ouch. Sounds like a lot of fun ... not!

And this general hush fell over the area as everyone stopped and stared .

Yeah, I hate when that happens. It's why I prefer to fall when there's nobody else around.

I believe we arrived at the FP+ gate, huffing and puffing, about 8 minutes after our time ended. We must have looked pathetic because we didn't even need to launch into our ET story. She took one look at us and said 'you are fine- go!'. Oh Disney gods, thank you! It was not all for naught. The tide is turning...........

I think there's an unofficial grace period of 15 minutes ... or maybe it was just good karma.

We got to ride our ride. Karen beat me. Just a wee bit.

Close enough ... you got the same prize, so it should count as a tie!

So we made her the official bag holder..and off we went. We found out we JUST missed a break down. Woo hoo- our luck is turning!

Yay! Your luck is finally changing! Maybe now you'll get to report that you actually got on EE ... maybe!

But..oh no.. what's this? A photopass stop? What to do? Make the ferry or get a picture taken? Well, we did what all good photopass wh#res do.... we got in line for a picture. Duh.

There is only one correct answer to this dilemma. Thankfully, you chose the correct answer.

I'm glad to read that things were turning around for you (other than the injury) ... I hope this means the rest of the day went well!

This is great! Btw, I'm pretty sure all FP+ have a "buffer" window of 15 minutes. I've never used it, but I've heard they have that for emergencies and issues like buses, dining reservations, etc. Plus I'm sure a cast member would help you out as long as you're not unreasonably late. But, as I've said, I don't think we've ever had to use it.

Glad you made it to TSMM! Excited to hear about your adventures in Epcot! This is a fun goal, making 4 parks in day.

Yes, she did say something about 15 minute grace period. Too bad because we were ready to go with the alien abduction story. :)

On behalf of all your readers (or not), we appreciate you taking time off from the very important job of binge watching TV shows to update.

Well, actually... this update came courtesy of my employer who pays me the funds to take such trips. I have to work through lunch & a lot of overtime during 'busy' season (all unpaid overtime) so every once in awhile I'll take some time to do stuff like update Trip Reports during slow time. This frees up more time for binge watching (or maybe parenting) later in the evening. Hahahaha!

There is only one correct answer to this dilemma. Thankfully, you chose the correct answer.

We took a ridiculous amount of pictures- really!

Oh girl! That fall sounds horrible! I'm glad you've recovered, but ouch! Way to go on getting up and making that FP though. I understand that adrenaline rush to escape the scene of embarrassment.....

All the pics are great and I love the flats even made it onto ToT!

Oh girl! That fall sounds horrible! I'm glad you've recovered, but ouch! Way to go on getting up and making that FP though. I understand that adrenaline rush to escape the scene of embarrassment.....

All the pics are great and I love the flats even made it onto ToT!

Had it not been for our time crunch, Karen probably would have taken a picture. :) So there was recorded proof of that wonderfulness!!!

Flats made it everywhere! :)

YOU ARE SO RIGHT...I FORGOT I AM DOING JELLYROLLS THIS TIME! Still scratching my head on why we went back...then I went down to Cammy's room and asked...she forgot her phone?!

Why would anyone need a camera when I had mine?? Tammie is already using half my pics in her TR! :rotfl2:

SLOWPOKEUPDATINGTWEEDLE. That's what you are. :snail: I looked for a turtle but couldn't find one. So they have a squirrel and a snail but no turtle? That's logic too. :rolleyes:

HEY YOU TOLD ME TO USE THEM...Apparently the scrapbooker in me had issues holding the flats and I forgot to take pictures this trip at certain points.

OMG... I AM DYING ON THIS LAST UPDATE! You ladies forgot to mention what held us all up trying to leave AK...but I will share that in my TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter