(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

Well that wouldn't be the first time, or the last time, someone said that to me! Laughing.

I'm sure you have it, Karen!

OMG, it's so wonderful. This took me seconds.

Just so everyone knows. You can highlight the smallest of quotes and highlight single pictures, push quote or reply depending on if you have multiple things to highlight or not and then press INSERT QUOTES and voila!

OH WOW!!! That's pretty cool! Thanks for explaining it, I had no idea you could do that. :thumbsup2

I just realized DIS is not giving me any notifications when I sign in for this TR. So I come to check in & read 9 pages to catch up.

I am very shy meeting people. It will be overwhelming next year at W&D with everyone else already knowing each other.

Too funny about the bar at the expo.

FIVE MINUTES Debra! That's really all it will take with the Cupcakes! I promise! :hug: Everyone was so friendly and so relaxed, it was so much easier than I thought it would be!

Joining in, looks & sounds like you had a lot of fun!
The pink cups are so cute! Even if they did cause a lot of trouble! I can totally see the confusion, I can never hear anyone in loud places & just give up asking them to repeat themselves.

Your costumes are great, so detailed, love the ears & the magic bands!
I wore a sparkle skirt for the first time at PHM and I loved it! Trying to decide which one to get next!

As someone who used to count pictures or try to keep words before pictures by chanting them instead of using my brain and opening a second page....

So, are you saying there is no longer a 25 max pic? Also, I tried uploading from my computer (vs photobucket) and it only let me put in like 3 before it stopped uploading.. so I went back to photobucket........... is there a trick I'm missing here?

Whoops forgot this - FOX.

Oh- well I have no excuse then! I have to check it out!

Can I just say that was the funniest trip report I've read thus far...unfortunately that's not saying much since I'm new here but I'm still giving the thumbs up. I can't even imagine getting to run at WDW. I'd need to find a running buddy, since in the aka frozen tundra that I live in (Iowa) I'm normally only running away from dogs, skunks, etc not getting to run with anyone. I loved the "wife" shirts and can about imagine my husbands response would be similar to get lost. Lol I tried to buy him a real men marry teachers shirt, it's still sitting in the shopping cart wait patiently to be purchased. Can't wait to keep reading!

Thanks! :) We appreciate any thumbs up!

I am usually a solitary runner (because it's such a mental game for me that I don't like an audience to my ugliness) but I found that I LOVED LOVED LOVED running the 10K with Karen. It was my FAVORITE race I have ever run because of that! It gave me a new perspective on running races with someone!

I hear you about running from skunks- my neighborhood is full of them- can't even let my dogs out at night. Especially in the fall! I'm midwest too.......

I can't even get my husband to wear a matching 'uni$ex Disney t-shirt'. Hence part of his name- Cap't KillJoy!

I just realized DIS is not giving me any notifications when I sign in for this TR. So I come to check in & read 9 pages to catch up.

I am very shy meeting people. It will be overwhelming next year at W&D with everyone else already knowing each other.

Too funny about the bar at the expo.

I agree with Karen- It will take only about 5 minutes before you realize you found your place ! Honestly.. I am hopelessly awkward in new situations & for the most part the entire weekend was easy peasy! Cupakes are the BEST!!! ;) And we can't wait to meet an unflat version of you!

The pink cups are so cute! Even if they did cause a lot of trouble! I can totally see the confusion, I can never hear anyone in loud places & just give up asking them to repeat themselves.

I wore a sparkle skirt for the first time at PHM and I loved it! Trying to decide which one to get next!

Hi.. Welcome! :wave:

You have to continue to give Karen grief...just because she deprived me of alcohol. No excuses. Hahahaha! (Kidding TweedleBossy). It was pretty darn funny.

And Karen is responsible for the coolness of the Tweedle costumes. I just did what she told me to do.....

You will find many a fans of the Sparkles on here. For a lighterweight running outfit, they are GREAT! I'm still a capri type of girl- but when it's HOT, I go with a sparkle instead of a short!

Well...it doesn't really matter which one you get NEXT (I'm telling you this from experience) because once you go sparkle, you never go back! :laughing: The next one you choose will likely NOT be your last! I can't run in anything else. I have capris, but only wear them UNDER SS's now when it's cold...I cannot live without the pockets! I have another one on the way...but then I'm sparkle GROUNDED b/c I won't be able to afford to EAT if I keep up with this sparkle addiction! :rotfl2:

I am usually a solitary runner (because it's such a mental game for me that I don't like an audience to my ugliness) but I found that I LOVED LOVED LOVED running the 10K with Karen. It was my FAVORITE race I have ever run because of that! It gave me a new perspective on running races with someone!

First off, LISA...you just made quoting a MILLION times easier for me! I just highlighted and clicked +quote on these words instead of having to quote Nicole's whole post! Wow. Love it!

Anywho, I felt the same way Tweedle! :lovestruc In the past I had run with my son and it was a bit stressful worrying about if I am going too fast or too slow, but the 10K was SO AWESOME and so much fun! (and the half with Cammy as well) I feel like it actually spoiled me, now I only want to runDisney with friends! :cool1:

We should probably do an update before you leave town Tweedle. I'm trying to find the motivation, but I have to run this morning too and having motivation for trip reporting AND running is a little much for my brain today. :faint:

We should probably do an update before you leave town Tweedle. I'm trying to find the motivation, but I have to run this morning too and having motivation for trip reporting AND running is a little much for my brain today. :faint:

You are going to have to carry the report!! Ok, so I am totally bringing my computer on the plane and will probably pay for wi-fi on it... because it's a NINE HOUR PLANE RIDE for goodness sakes!! So I may be able to update on the plane. Which would be awesome!!!

I'm going to attempt an update here! Ok, so where were we? Yes, just leaving the Expo with Tammie & Cammy...with NO BOOZE. Womp. Womp. I believe we actually RAN for the bus, or thought we needed to. This was just the beginning of RUNNING for buses and other things, little did I know!

GSC%20057.jpg

Back to the resort we went, we bid farewell to Cammy & Tammie and headed to the room to drop off our swag. You already saw the pics of it in TweedleDum's update...heck, she may have already posted the picture above and said we drove back to the resort. I have no clue! :laughing:

We were very speedy in the room as we were determined to get our drink on. This was our allotted day to drink since we didn't want to drink alcohol the day before the 10K or the half. Down down down we went into the rabbit hole

GSC%20066.jpg

I really have no idea if Nicole already posted these. I should go look but I'm not gonna.

We really didn't go down the rabbit hole, I'm guessing you already know this, but you were pre-warned that we might just start making stuff up in this trip report. I'm just trying to keep you on your toes! ;) We headed to the closest place with booze. Victoria Falls lounge!
GSC%20067.jpg

I didn't get any nice shots of the lounge area (on THIS TRIP) because I had the wrong lens on, but here are a few from my 2012 trip with Rey...

ReyKarenAKL398.jpg

ReyKarenAKL389.jpg

Told ya I could take good pictures when I'm not preoccupied with running, cupcakes, tweedlefun & booze. :rolleyes1

Anywho. We each ordered a Kilimargarita or something of that nature. Tweedle with correct me.

GSC%20069.jpg

This first one was VERY yummy and very strong! (yes, I said first. keep up!) There were more selfie attempts...

GSC%20070.jpg

but TweedleDum has an eye for photography too and she came up with an even cuter shot idea...

GSC%20074.jpg

I then promptly became obsessed with this idea and took a million different shots. Yes, mine was gone already. Don't judge!

GSC%20072.jpg

GSC%20075.jpg

GSC%20073.jpg

What?!?! You've never met someone who takes multiple shots of their alcoholic beverages? Now you have. :rolleyes:

It was right about this time when The CUPCAKES arrived!!! party:

GSC%20076.jpg

It was also about this time I started getting a bad stomach ache. What?!? Boo. Hiss. :sad2: I don't GET stomach aches. I don't. :confused3

We had a fantastic time doing our Cupcake thang and we got to see them open Boma below with some drumming action.
GSC%20071.jpg

but the stomach ache prevailed. :confused: So, when faced with this dilemma, I did what any Tweedle would do...I ordered another drink! :rotfl2:I don't have a picture of the second drink, it wasn't as good! Different bartender and there was less booze and more cranberry juice, if I remember correctly...and who knows if I'm remember anything correctly at this point! My stomach ache chilled for a bit and at some point we had to bid farewell to our Cupcakes and head to our dinner ADR at Sanaa. I know we headed upstairs briefly to drop off our Cupcake headbands that Tammie had brought us! :lovestruc

then off to Sanaa we went! A couple of lobby pics just b/c I LOVE the lobby of AKL and because I'm pushing the limit to see if we are allowed over 25 images now.

GSC%20059.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1406.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1407.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1405.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1403.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1401.jpg

ReyKarenAKL458.jpg

ReyKarenAKL455.jpg

ReyKarenAKL429.jpg

YEP! I'm happy to announce that the 25 image limit seems to be a thing of the past! THIS IS A DAY TO CELEBRATE MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :dancer: :jumping1: party::woohoo:

Well, lookie a new update!! Yay!!!! Where’s Nicole going? I must have missed that memo somewhere down the line. Of course you two had to get your drinks on, I mean really!!! It’s nice that the cupcakes came to meet you and enjoyed a beverage (or two) and no, I won’t judge that your glass is empty. It just means they didn’t put as much into yours, right? I do love the ears photo theme that you kept up during the trip! And thank you for the pictures from your anniversary trip! Bummer on the tummy ache…..I’m glad it didn’t last too long.

Good job updating Tweedle.

The drinks are called Mt. Kilamarita, I think.....

I love that our ears were doing Tweedlebumps even on alcoholic drinks!

And, ya'll, the reason Tweedle had a stomachache was NO WATER!!! NO WATER!! NO WATER!!! :drinking:

DRINK YOUR WATER! I'm gonna pour it down her throat at Wine & Dine 2016!!

Well, lookie a new update!! Yay!!!! Where’s Nicole going? I must have missed that memo somewhere down the line. Of course you two had to get your drinks on, I mean really!!! It’s nice that the cupcakes came to meet you and enjoyed a beverage (or two) and no, I won’t judge that your glass is empty. It just means they didn’t put as much into yours, right? I do love the ears photo theme that you kept up during the trip! And thank you for the pictures from your anniversary trip! Bummer on the tummy ache…..I’m glad it didn’t last too long.

Hawaii. Ann. Remember... sharks?!?! I leave in THREE, yes THREE days!!!

Karen is the fastest drinker (and eater) I have ever met. And I am a fast eater & drinker..... I never met my match. Till Karen.

AKL looks so pretty! We've never been there for anything-drinks, a meal, to stay, nothing.....we may have to rectify that!

Your drinks with tweedlears! Too cute! (By the way, autocorrect tried to change that to tweed pears--cuz that makes so much more sense then tweedlears?)

Have so much fun in Hawaii, Nicole! You'll love it!

AKL looks so pretty! We've never been there for anything-drinks, a meal, to stay, nothing.....we may have to rectify that!

Your drinks with tweedlears! Too cute! (By the way, autocorrect tried to change that to tweed pears--cuz that makes so much more sense then tweedlears?)

Have so much fun in Hawaii, Nicole! You'll love it!

You might be surprised to find on your next trip that you can rent points to stay there for almost the same price as a moderate resort.... (enabler, I am!).

I kinda like the term Tweed Pears actually. I need to use that more often.

I'm so freakin' excited about Hawaii- you have no idea. Like giddy excited...... :)

Glad you finally got some drinks! So cute with the drinks and ears!

Animal Kingdom Lodge looks so beautiful. Great photos!

You might be surprised to find on your next trip that you can rent points to stay there for almost the same price as a moderate resort.... (enabler, I am!).

I am going to have to look into that!

Nicole, have a great trip to Hawaii!!!

I love the Tweedle ears on the drinks!

The AKL pictures are pretty cool too ... Even if they're not from this trip.

Oooh I love AKL. I've never eaten at Sanna before...excited to see how that turns out. :)

So, I am all checked in and ready for my flight to Hawaii! :) In less than 24 hours I will be on my way!

There is no wifi available which is a huge disappointment to me on a long flight.. .so no update on here! Sorry Karen- you will hold down the fort while I'm getting eaten by sharks!

Aloha!

Glad you finally got some drinks! So cute with the drinks and ears!

Animal Kingdom Lodge looks so beautiful. Great photos!

I am going to have to look into that!

Nicole, have a great trip to Hawaii!!!

Yes, renting points is awesome! Just do your research on a good renter & your are golden! I have been able to stay at AKL and Bay Lake Towers for less than I would have paid for Port Orleans! :)

And thanks, I can't wait to get to Hawaii!

I love the Tweedle ears on the drinks!

The AKL pictures are pretty cool too ... Even if they're not from this trip.

Karen took awesome pictures of the AKL- she's an amazing photographer!

Oooh I love AKL. I've never eaten at Sanna before...excited to see how that turns out. :)

I had never eaten at Saana before this trip either even though we stayed at Kidani November of 2013. Karen took some good pics of it (even if she says she didn't!)

AKL is really stunning, it is on the top of my wishlist for resorts I want to stay at. I did eat breakfast at boma in January and that was great.

Oh AKL, looks so pretty! I so badly want to stay there someday! My silly DH just loves the poly so much, I can't tear him away!:rotfl:
Yummy looking drinks!

Agreeing AKL looks beautiful and I want to try Sanaa so I hope it doesn't disappoint! Literally showing your drink photos to hubby since I did something similar with my New Years tiara on an Amtrak ride and DH kept calling me a nerd lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter