Upcoming trip?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by elmjimmlm, Oct 8, 2013.

1. elmjimmlm

elmjimmlm Earning My Ears

I have an upcoming trip booked and paid for at the end of the month and my husband is a Federal employee...We have free dining and I'm very excited about that;however, we can't go if the government is still shutdown. He is working but not getting paid and is not able to take annual leave during this time. My question is, do you think if we moved our trip to sometime in Dec., that Disney would also carry over my Free Dining due to our circumstances? I know it's a long shot but I can't help not knowing.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. SSR

SSR DIS Veteran

Boy, that's a bummer. I strongly doubt Disney would accommodate that for two reasons. (a) many people have great reasons why they had to move their trip; and (b) more fundamentally, they logistically probably can't manage keeping track of your free dining plan while it's not in effect.

4. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

Sorry about your situation, but if there is no free dining offered in December then the answer will undoubtedly be no. But; I am also a believer in "it never hurts to ask":) so I would call and find out.

5. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

You may have to change resorts, but if they can find availability then they definitely will. There was free dining offered through December 23, with the 2 weeks of Thanksgiving and the first week of December blacked out.

Good luck!

6. KonaKaiTom

KonaKaiTom DIS Veteran

He is working, not getting paid, and he can't take leave? That is ridiculous. I'm so sorry you are stuck with that nonsense.

Tom