Upcoming OKW refurb?

I wonder if they would rework the "bar" area that is by the dining table to somehow hang the big TV. Otherwise I was thinking they might change the counter config to somehow hold a larger TV.

And maybe a day bed that pulls out from under one of the queens......:duck:
You just hate us OKW owners, right? We already have the fold out twin sized sleeper chair. So hopefully they won't find a way to add a murphy bed. Unless they hang it from the laundry room wall, where everyone sticks their baby in the pack and play.

I can't see them putting a television in that counter area. It's not very conducive to watching television. Talk about a crick in the neck. The other only spot would be the short wall where the sleeper chair is located and then you have the same problem.

Unless they do a fold down television from the ceiling. Like folds up against the ceiling when not in use and drops down when you want to watch it. Should get nice and greasy from cooking.

You just hate us OKW owners, right? We already have the fold out twin sized sleeper chair. So hopefully they won't find a way to add a murphy bed. Unless they hang it from the laundry room wall, where everyone sticks their baby in the pack and play.

I can't see them putting a television in that counter area. It's not very conducive to watching television. Talk about a crick in the neck. The other only spot would be the short wall where the sleeper chair is located and then you have the same problem.

Unless they do a fold down television from the ceiling. Like folds up against the ceiling when not in use and drops down when you want to watch it. Should get nice and greasy from cooking.

I probably am suggesting too much sharing of the DVC refurb love upon OKW. My apologies as I certainly wish they had kept a lot of it away from VWL and BWV. :crazy2: The counter area was just one spot that probably has the most space but it would be pretty far away from the couches. ::yes::

We stayed last November on Peninsular Road 1 BR. The flooring was new the counter tops were new ( the old tile counters were replaced with granite) and the paint looked relatively recent.

No sign of a trundle bed in the VB studios that I've heard of but........
Remember how I suggest that the counter would likely be changing at OKW so it could hold the larger TV? Take a look at what they did at VB. They have a slightly different layout there but similar enough that I still see something along this line coming to OKW.

From DVCNews:

b_600_400_16777215_00_images_stories_vb_VB_201608d.jpg

Now the rest of the news.....here's the old and the new VB bathroom with jetted tub replaced with a soaker:

b_225_0_16777215_00_images_stories_vb_2b_VB_T006.JPG

b_600_400_16777215_00_images_stories_vb_VB_201608l.jpg

And the shuttered pass between the master and the bathroom was removed like it also was at BCV.

The old VB 1BR layout vs the OKW 1BR layout so you can see how the layouts compared and how they might use similar updates for OKW:

b_225_0_16777215_00_images_stories_vb_1b_VB_O000.JPG
b_225_0_16777215_00_images_stories_okw_1b_OKW_O000.JPG

I know I may be odd one out, but I love the changes at VB! I've never used the jetted tub in any DVC stay, but I'd totally use the soaker.

Thank you for sharing. Very intriguing!

Except there isn't a wall to hang the television on. And there isn't a wall to put a murphy bed on in the studio (Thank you, Jesus, for the odd shape of the OKW studio). Maybe they will rework the bathroom, including the shower.

I think since they have the sleeper chair in the 1 bedroom, they will not feel the need to put an extra bed in the studios.

I know I may be odd one out, but I love the changes at VB! I've never used the jetted tub in any DVC stay, but I'd totally use the soaker.

I'm with you. It's gorgeous. I have a similar tub in my ensuite. No step up though. If they. Are headed this way with OKW, I think it will become a favourite of mine again. We will be there in Sept. Booked because it was last minute and available. If the Reno goes well I don't see it being a last minute choice.

I too like what the pictures show for the VB refurb although I had liked what they had done with the last soft goods refurb there. The bathroom tile they originally had was easily my least favorite of all DVC's so for me most anything would have been an improvement. There is some serious designer love of subway tile and the other tan tile though. I think it's probably my favorite refurb although I also liked the pics of the Hilton Head refurb from a year or two ago.

I think it was last done in 2010 so they will be doing kitchens, bathrooms etc.

They say 2010, yet when we were there in 2012, our pictures clearly show an "old"/unrennovated villa. Was ours the only one that hadn't been done yet? I just hope they don't do away with the ceiling fans or the ice makers. We're going in January 2017 and I'll see what info I can get, if any!

They say 2010, yet when we were there in 2012, our pictures clearly show an "old"/unrennovated villa. Was ours the only one that hadn't been done yet? I just hope they don't do away with the ceiling fans or the ice makers. We're going in January 2017 and I'll see what info I can get, if any!

I'm pretty certain they were all done by then.

I'm pretty certain they were all done by then.

Guess my memory's bad. I confess it was our anniversary so looking around our villa wasn't my highest priority:love:.

I just looked at my pictures again, and saw that dreaded curtain on the balcony door (you know, the one where you pull....and pull....and)so I stand corrected-it was refurbished before 4/2012.

Guess my memory's bad. I confess it was our anniversary so looking around our villa wasn't my highest priority:love:.

I just looked at my pictures again, and saw that dreaded curtain on the balcony door (you know, the one where you pull....and pull....and)so I stand corrected-it was refurbished before 4/2012.

I really hope replacing these are on the plan with the next refurbishment. And any other curtains/blinds with cords that could hurt/hang the kids.

Spring means after February, right? I know Summer according to Disney can be in May, so I'm concerned as to what constitutes "spring"...

I wonder if they will open up the laundry room to the bathroom in the HH area, Millers Road and Peninsular Road villas.

Our first ever DVC stay after we joined was in summer of 2007 at OKW. The studio we had was in such sorry shape that I literally cried over "what have we done by buying DVC". I was so upset. We all were. We hated both the room and the location we were in. It was dirty & in poor condition - I was not a fan of the layout, there was dust on the lip of the ceramic tiles going around the bathroom, the freezer door in the fridge was broken, there were holes in the bedspreads, the outside steps were filthy as if they'd never ever, ever been swept or cleaned. The bus service was atrocious. We waited OVER 1 hour one night for a bus to MK. It was August. We were hot and miserable over our purchase. It was the only time I've ever cried over buying DVC.

We chalked it up to being newbies & vowed never to go back there. We were trying to scrimp on points and quicly figured out why it was so cheap to stay there. This was before the LAST refurb. We have not been back since because we had such bad memories of the first time. HOWEVER, DH and I are going there this Sept. for our 2nd try at it - again, to save on points we chose it for a quickie trip for just the 2 of us. It was originally for "only 4 nights" and we figured we could suck it up and try it again - then we added on 1 more night so now it's 5 nights. That's almost a week and I admit to being a little nervous about it. I knew it had been refurbed since we were there last - didn't realize it was due again. I'm just hoping that it's still better off than that first time we went but if it's due for refurb again it may be a repeat experience?! If it's bad again I seriously doubt we'll EVER try it again. Cheap points or not. We didn't buy DVC to stay at the equivalent of a Motel 8. :scared:

Our first ever DVC stay after we joined was in summer of 2007 at OKW. The studio we had was in such sorry shape that I literally cried over "what have we done by buying DVC". I was so upset. We all were. We hated both the room and the location we were in. It was dirty & in poor condition - I was not a fan of the layout, there was dust on the lip of the ceramic tiles going around the bathroom, the freezer door in the fridge was broken, there were holes in the bedspreads, the outside steps were filthy as if they'd never ever, ever been swept or cleaned. The bus service was atrocious. We waited OVER 1 hour one night for a bus to MK. It was August. We were hot and miserable over our purchase. It was the only time I've ever cried over buying DVC.

We chalked it up to being newbies & vowed never to go back there. We were trying to scrimp on points and quicly figured out why it was so cheap to stay there. This was before the LAST refurb. We have not been back since because we had such bad memories of the first time. HOWEVER, DH and I are going there this Sept. for our 2nd try at it - again, to save on points we chose it for a quickie trip for just the 2 of us. It was originally for "only 4 nights" and we figured we could suck it up and try it again - then we added on 1 more night so now it's 5 nights. That's almost a week and I admit to being a little nervous about it. I knew it had been refurbed since we were there last - didn't realize it was due again. I'm just hoping that it's still better off than that first time we went but if it's due for refurb again it may be a repeat experience?! If it's bad again I seriously doubt we'll EVER try it again. Cheap points or not. We didn't buy DVC to stay at the equivalent of a Motel 8. :scared:
No, it's not bad at all. We were just there in March and our studio was perfect. We're also back there in September for five nights (50 points is great, right?). It's really early for a refurbishment since they did one in 2010. They must just be doing bathrooms and kitchens mainly since they did very little to them before. But who knows for now. Maybe they will show something at the annual meeting in December.

No, it's not bad at all. We were just there in March and our studio was perfect. We're also back there in September for five nights (50 points is great, right?). It's really early for a refurbishment since they did one in 2010. They must just be doing bathrooms and kitchens mainly since they did very little to them before. But who knows for now. Maybe they will show something at the annual meeting in December.

I am hoping & praying that it's better. I really can't imagine it being AS BAD. When in Sept? Are we crossing paths? We're there from the 17th-22nd...

I am hoping & praying that it's better. I really can't imagine it being AS BAD. When in Sept? Are we crossing paths? We're there from the 17th-22nd...

Nope, we'll be there at a different time. Too bad. But I bet you'll like OKW. It's our favorite. The only problem we had last March was the flowering trees dropping their flowers on the stairs outside our villa. Combined with the rain and CMs who didn't want to clean them off the stairs... Well, I got my broom out several times and swept the steps. But, I feel like I'm at home there, so it was fine.

Nope, we'll be there at a different time. Too bad. But I bet you'll like OKW. It's our favorite. The only problem we had last March was the flowering trees dropping their flowers on the stairs outside our villa. Combined with the rain and CMs who didn't want to clean them off the stairs... Well, I got my broom out several times and swept the steps. But, I feel like I'm at home there, so it was fine.

Yes, too bad. We chose our dates just to sort of spread things out. Just moved our DS back up to college in Rochester, NY this week so our Sept. date is a month away from that. Then in mid-October we go back up there for parents weekend. Then in Nov. DH has a conference he has to go to then of course it's T-giving. Funny how time goes by so fast. Also, the points are cheaper in Sept than in Oct....once they announced MNSSHP dates and F&W dates for this year it seemed like a good plan - but now I'm sort of wishing we going the LAST week in Sept. so we wouldn't be hitting the opening weekend of F&W. Oh well. Live & learn. You know what they say about the best laid plans. This may the last F&W we do for awhile....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter