UP & above... Canada & Bonsai Terrace Escape Wedding - 5/5/2016 - UPDATE: Trip plans

Sorry, it took me so long to reply, but my hairy baby you see in my profile pic got really sick last week and tomorrow we have another appointment. Not only am I crying constantly, but this also ate up a big portion of our wedding budget.... so wish us luck that she will make fine tomorrow and we can concentrate on happier things (like dress shopping which I totally don't want to do at the moment, but have to...).

I just found your PJ and am so glad you finally started one!!!! I am so excited to follow along now its your turn! I love your meet story ballroom dancing OMG how freaking cute and awesome is that I except you guys will have a great first dance! I love the nods to all your fandom espically star wars and you are going to be at WDW for May the Force that is so cool! and I am so excited you get to do your first american disney park trip its going to be amazing! and for your at home reception I love the idea of a Beauty and Beast theme but Im a little partial to that :thumbsup2 and I can't wait to follow along!

Happy Planning
:goodvibes:wave:

Great you're onboard! I'm so ashamed I abandoned your PJ/TR, but it's the first on my list!!! My second MOH who can't come to Disney is really excited for our at-home-reception and loves the idea of the different princess' tables! (and yes, ours will be Beauty and the Beast ;-)

Yay so happy you're confirmed!!! The ball's really rolling now! :jumping1:

I sure hope so ;-)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Woooo Hoo it's dancin' nanners time! Gotta love that feeling of confirmation!

Congrats! Now you get the wait of knowing who your coordinator is going to be!

Oh yes, I'm excited for that, too, although Michelle, our sales consultant was a real sweetheart and could answer most of my questions! (Of course, I'm keeping the big ones for the WP).

My DF and I have the same wedding date! We are having a 2:30 ceremony at Sea Breeze Pointe. We also are planning to stay in the Beach Club Villas so maybe we will see each other!

Oh, meeting you would be awesome! Cool that I have a wedding date twin!!!

I'm so sorry about your fur baby!! I know how horrible that is (we lost two of our fur children during our wedding planning). It is just awful. I'm hoping for a happy outcome and a healthy kitty for you! I'm crossing my fingers for you and your kitty!

Awww poor little sweetheart!! Hope it's nothing too serious!

I'm so sorry about your fur baby!! I know how horrible that is (we lost two of our fur children during our wedding planning). It is just awful. I'm hoping for a happy outcome and a healthy kitty for you! I'm crossing my fingers for you and your kitty!

Thanks for your kind words, we had to take her to a vet neurologist and she was diagnosed with epilepsy. She's doing fine now, but we have to give her two pills a day what is not a lot of fun, but I'm happy as long as it helps. Fortunately I have an amazing mom who took care of our babies while we're away.

But I've also some exciting news, as well as the trip report of our first trip ever!!!

So, to hook you up once more:

I said yes to the dress!!!

Remember when I said I didn’t want to go dress shopping? I wasn’t kidding! But when our trip got nearer and our wedding sooner (as well as my finals), I knew I should make an appointment. I decided to start with the largest Bridal salon in town.

I asked my mom and my two MOH’s (including the one that can’t make it to WDW) when they’re available and we decided on Friday before our trip. We had just started Jacky’s treatment and my head was full of her and last minute preparations for our trip and I had absolutely no intention on gown shopping. This increased when Jenny told me she got sick and didn’t want to come..

Well, mom and I still drove to the other side of the city and met with Michèle. We entered the salon which is a renovated factory building, but looked still pretty nice. I got to take a stroll with shop assistant (exactly like in ‚Say yes to the dress’ ;-)) after I declared that I don’t want to wear anything with bling, looking for a vintage look, but nothing too big and princessy.

Originally I wanted a tea length gown with a illusion neckline and, if possible, something with polka dots (I love polka dots) and no veil.

I found something like it, but it had a corset back and I really, really wanted buttons. She said they could maybe alter it, but I wasn’t sure how that would turn out, so I tried on dress after dress (I’m sorry, we weren’t allowed to take pics). I was sure that nothing would look good on me, but... I liked every dress! That was even worse! How should I decide? I began to panik a little until the last dress. It was just in the budget and a style I really, really liked, but was positive wouldn’t look good on me (I hate my hips..). But when I tried it on, I felt soooo beautiful! princess:

I left the changing room and after encouraging me in every dress I tried on my mom and MOH... immediately started saying things like ‚oh, that’s not the one’, ‚the other one looked better’. WHAT?!:worried:

I was heartbroken, I thought it looked so good! The shop assistant seemed to know what was going on and put a floor-length veil on me. I loved the look! :love:

I was still torn between my original vision and the last dress, so I tried on both one last time. (The reactions of my mom and Michèle didn’t help.) While the shop assistant asked their in-house-seamstress, if it is possible to add on buttons in the back and create a illusion neckline on the first one, I asked my entourage why they didn’t seem to like the last one.

Well, turned out they thought I didn’t look happy when I come out oft he cubicle. Again: What?!

I actually was so mesmerized that I kept staring on the dress and not dreamingly posing as I did in the others. Moreover the dress couldn’t be more away from the vision I had and told everybody (for almost 1,5 years now) and they we’re afraid I didn’t get what I wanted adn just picked one to get it over with.

I reassured them and we bought it! With the veil! And the best part is, that DF still thinks I’m wearing tea-length with no veil. Can’t wait for our first look!

Sooo... without furhter ado:

That’s my dress (excuse the crappy picture, the lighting and space for pictures we’re awful):

IMG_4409.jpg

It’s soft tulle on the bottom and has a lace top and a cute little bow in the middle and the buttons I wanted in the back. The veil is floor-length with lace around the border. Both are ivory. With my original style I couldn’t picture myself during our MK portrait session (more on that later), but with this gown I have no intention to wear another! The only problem is that I can’t change my shoes as I intended (between my dancing shoes and my beloved nude Christian Louboutins from Paris last year), because of the heel difference, but because of this I got to wear them for a few minutes for our engagement session!

Moreover, I'm going to change the neckline to a heart-shaped one and getting a corset. What do you think?

So sorry about your kitty! One of our dogs was epileptic, so I understand how stressful that is. That is quite stressful to deal with during wedding planning insanity :( I hope her seizures are well controlled with her medications!

Your dress shopping experience sounds a lot like mine. The dress and veil you chose are gorgeous! I love love love the lace detail, and that tulle looks so soft and ethereal! So much pretty! I cannot wait to see wedding day pictures with that dress.

Hope we get to hear the TR soon from your WDW trip :D

So sorry about your kitty! One of our dogs was epileptic, so I understand how stressful that is. That is quite stressful to deal with during wedding planning insanity :( I hope her seizures are well controlled with her medications!

Your dress shopping experience sounds a lot like mine. The dress and veil you chose are gorgeous! I love love love the lace detail, and that tulle looks so soft and ethereal! So much pretty! I cannot wait to see wedding day pictures with that dress.

Hope we get to hear the TR soon from your WDW trip :D

Your dress looks amazing! I really love the top and the lace it looks very timeless and looks great on! :goodvibes

Aww poor fur baby! Glad to hear she is better.

Dress is beautiful! So romantic.

Thank you all so much! I finally got around to write more! Please bear with me, it really means a lot to me to have you guys since none of my friends are in a relationship right now or care much for wedding planning (although they're happy for me)!

More details!!!

I’m so sorry for being away for so long, but we had a very difficult time. Jacky and Odin (both our cats) had to change their medication several times and I had problems getting in touch with some of my vendors. But I’m active on the DISBrides FB group and try to help there as much as possible!

Before starting my TR, I wanted to let you in on our latest wedding planning progress.

So far, we got our AP’s (thank God we signed that contract 2 weeks before they changed their policy). Got our venues confirmed as well as our 2 Bridal Portrait sessions! :cool1:

Yes, I have a great man who agreed to book a MK session as well as a HS session. The MK session is on the 8th and the HS session on the 9th, because our attendees are flying home on the 6th and we wanted tob e able to spend as much time with them as possible.

Moreover we scored the last Studio at the Boardwalk Inn Villas as it seems. I’m totally planning on carrying my steamed dress over, as I don’t want to pay twice for the steaming (is this a crazy idea?:scared:). I wish we could stay at the Beach Club, but only because I think that clown in the pool is creepy as hell (or comes straight out of hell?) adn we have a pool view room... (hopefully I can change that to a Boardwalk view – or are they very loud at night?).

We made both DVC rentals through dvcrentalstore.com and they have the best (and most polite) customer service. For our last trip we went with David’s DVC Rentals and everything turned out fine, but in my opinion the Rental Store provides a little bit extra handholding although they’re not cheap at all. Being from overseas I’m pretty sure I won’t ever search for renters myself as the whole time difference, language barrier and so on, it seems like a lot of unnecessary hassle.

I’m also very happy to say that I have finally found my hair and make-up team! I’m going with About Face (they’re on the recommended vendors list). After searching and searching and many mails between me and Beauty Speciale and Patricia LeJeune, Jensey Root posted on her block about Kalie from About Face. While I still admire Patricia’s work, her husband didn’t want to make an appointment with me until two months out, because I don’t need as many services on the wedding day – same goes for hair and makeup for the Bridal Portrait Sessions. I really try to settle as much as possible know, since I have finals at the beginning of March.

I also looked into booking Beaute Speciale, but I personally don’t like their pricing structure, because you have everything added separately. Again, nothing bad to say about their work!

About Face was really amazing to work with. For our engagement session I booked Kalie, but she couldn’t make it, because her daughter got really sick and needed to go tot he hospital. Instead they sent me the amazing Gina Schmidt who is an absolute delight and was really easy to work with (and is also co-owner as I realised later). That’s probably what I like about them most: they are a team, so they have always a back-up (great for early morning appointments when the on-property salons aren’t open) and they also give you a kit to reapply your makeup, if you need to.

With them we’re all settled for the wedding day and the Theme Park sessions.

I also booked Carolyn Allen’s for gown steaming on May the 4th and on the 7th before the first Theme Park session. What is really amazing and what I hadn’t realised before that you can book them twice and if you don’t need them, you can cancel a day beforehand without being charged! So I played safe and booked them twice,if my dress looks horrible after the wedding day!

To conclude we booked Beyond Videography akà Tyler Goins and he is very nice. We also contacted Trinity Wedding Cinema, but they were already booked for our day and I personally think Tyler is a better fit for our small group. He’s already very excited to film in EPCOT. He allowed us to split is cheapest wedding package between the ceremony and DP which is great, so we have filming for both parts oft he day (as well as raw footage).

I also wanted to give a BIG shout-out to the Roots. When I didn’t hear from my planner, Nicole, for a month, Nate answered all my questions and even helped me buy my first DSLR! And our engagement pics came out perfectly!!!!:worship:

Last week we also finalized our planning kit. They did change it a lot since we first contacted them. They have way more bouquet options, but you only can change the colors of the classic rose bouquet and the Contemporary Calla Lillies bouquet.

I had actually success in asking them to change the cake: for quite a while, I was thinking, if I can not upgrade, maybe I can downgrade it?

This meant just plain fondant with no extras, because I don’t care for either of the designs in the package! Well, we were allowed to, but they quoted us 250$ extra (which is more than for the Cinderella cake design) and by now, with even more cat drama we’re on a very tight budget. We already cut some things off our honeymoon and almost canceled the Theme park sessions, so no to the cake!

As far as decór goes, I really wanted aisle petals as their will be no chairs because we only have 2 guests (and one is the officiant), but they quoted me 550$ for swirled ones (ehm, no?) and 206$ for scattered ones (again, no, sorry).

As we still pursue our slight UP! theme instead we’re having two of the 30’’ balloons on each side of the cake table and little paper lanterns on the railing at Canada Terrace in our colors which are lavender, light green and apricot (I changed them up a bit and we’re having lavender, dark lilac, apricot, orange, light green and dark green)! I hope this will do, too, and I’m really excited to use the balloons for photos! We’re also have an UP! themed sand ceremony, but more on that later!

Last piece of decór: the bouquet! Again, I didn’t want to pay almost 200$ for my MOH’s bouquet to match the one that’s included in the package, so instead we’re making a park map bouquet from maps we brought from our last trip and origami paper we bought at the Mitsukoshi department store in Japan, EPCOT (our DP party location)! The bouquet and boutonierre that’s included in the package we’re going to use for our MK photo session. We have to pay an extra 30$ delivery fee to have it delivered to the park entrance, but that’s still a lot cheaper and now my other MOH that can’t come to our wedding gets a bouquet herself for our at-home reception (yes, I did start what I call a ‚Bridal sweatshop’ for the paper flowers). The 30$ fee would have been waived, if we didn’t have decór at the wedding, by the way.

So that’s a lot of update for now, I’m back soon!

About Face was really amazing to work with. For our engagement session I booked Kalie, but she couldn’t make it, because her daughter got really sick and needed to go tot he hospital. Instead they sent me the amazing Gina Schmidt who is an absolute delight and was really easy to work with (and is also co-owner as I realised later). That’s probably what I like about them most: they are a team, so they have always a back-up (great for early morning appointments when the on-property salons aren’t open) and they also give you a kit to reapply your makeup, if you need to.
!
Just so you're aware...the on site salons will open from 4am if you WANT them to. They just charge the early morning fee (like the beauty teams you listed.)

I've got a 5am Coronado Springs make up session for the day we do our DHS and EPCOT photo sessions which is a redo booking price plus the early morning fee.

Anyway...hope it all goes well!!! I'm so with you on getting everything booked. I'm just sorting final things now and picked my dress partly on the store I trusted most on being able to get the order in ASAP. Not only was she right...it was here in a couple weeks! So much stress reduction!
Just sent a thing about the steaming too. It's all coming together so well :-)

First trip/planning trip TR – Day 1 – 8th October 2015

Well, the first day was pretty eventless. Our flight went early in the morning from Munich to Atlanta with Delta and weh ad 14 hours of flight time. We didn’t have much space and the blankets they gave out practically did nothing for me, so DF gave me his as well to keep me a bit warm. We did get a lot of snacks and a meal, but honestly it was kind of too much for me – it didn’t let you allow to relax and get a rest before someone was yelling ‚more water?’ again.

Then we had a very long stay at the Atlanta Airport. We planed it that way, because the last time we went to the States we had to wait 3,5 hours in the TSA line (at Washington Dulles Airport), so that we’re very worried to miss our flight to Orlando. When we waited at the airport I realised that Delta overbooks almost every flight in the States. On both flights from Orlando to Atlanta they overbooked and still tried to fit other passengers that missed their flight on the plane.

We arrived late at night and went straight to the Magical Express where we learnt that they hadn’t booked us on. But we got a place right away and off to Art of Animation it was! At the registration we got our first pair of MagicBands and the (first pair) of Just Engaged buttons (they don’t have them in the parks anymore, but many of the resorts have them – we found them at Art of Animation and when mine broke at the Polynesian).

As the room was only an add-on, because of the earlier flight being significantly cheaper, we stayed at the cheapest part oft he resort – the Little Mermaid which is one of my favorite princesses (I’d say second place after Belle), so I was totally fine with that! We scored a King Bedroom on the lowest level which was perfect to, although we had a view oft he parking lot (DF said he liked the room, but wouldn’t want to stay there for a whole week or longer).

IMG_4423.JPG
(This was our table in the room! So cool! And although the thumbing is definitely not subtle at all at Art of Animation in my opinion it was the perfect resort to get as all 'disneyed' up!)

For our wedding trip we’re flying with Lufthansa from Frankfurt directly to Orlando. Do any of you know how bad the TSA (for foreigners) is in Orlando?

So excited to see more of your planning!! That is crazy about them wanting to charge more for the cake for doing less :( That is a bummer! I hope the rest of your planning goes well and cannot wait to read more about your TR. Hope your kitties continue to do well.

For our wedding trip we’re flying with Lufthansa from Frankfurt directly to Orlando. Do any of you know how bad the TSA (for foreigners) is in Orlando?
Coming from Australia we've always cleared customs in LAX or SFO first so I've never cleared customs in MCO...but it will largely depend on the number of flights coming at the time. The longest I've ever waited I think in ANY Immigration queue was in Honolulu as they are just hopeless when lots of international flights come in. SFO I think an hour is the longest Immigration wait I've had
My fiancé is English so flies into MCO as first port usually and I don't think it's been too bad but anything can happen to cause delays.

I'm flying in an extra day early as the connections aren't ideal during the time of year I'm flying in for the wedding and I cannot risk immigration queue delays causing me to miss my earlier MCO connection. As I have paperwork I need to sign and submit. So I'm arriving on the 21st for a wedding on the 24th.

First day of our trip - 10/09/2015

We had to wake up early to make it in time for our first guided tour of the trip (yes, on our first day).

We took a taxi to Magic Kingdom, because we were told that the bus wouldn’t be early enough to get there in time for 8:30 a.m. tour (which is a total lie, there were busses all around and it takes quite some time to get to MK from the parking lot where the taxis are allowed to park, don’t do that - but as newbies in WDW transportation I trusted the CM’s at AoA).

IMG_0002.JPG
(pretty pricey, but at least we got a crappy pic of the gate!)

WARNING: spoilers of the Keys to the Kingdom tour ahead!

After going through our first bag check and me screaming with delight at the sight of Cinderella Castle, we checked in for the Keys to the Kingdom tour at the Town Square Theater (not City Hall!), decided on our lunch at Columbia Harbour House and grabbed a complimentary bottle of ice cold water. We then got a few pics on Main Street and went back to grab another bottle of water and watching the first minutes of Lady and the Tramp before the tour started (yes, you get to watch Disney movies while waiting - that’s why they have a TV set in there!). DF almost forgot about the tour because he was so entrigued by the movie.

IMG_0008.JPG
(right before the tour DF met his favorite ;-))

We all got earphones to be able to hear our guide, but definitely bring your own. I couldn’t find mine when we got off the plane and you got new ones, but you wear them for quite a while (the tour is 5 hours long with breaks), so you’re definitely better of wearing your own. We didn't take lots of pics since we really wanted to experience the park.
Our guide introduced herself right outside of Town Square Theater before we gathered in the middle of Town Square (right in time for the opening ceremony). We then went down Main Street with a stop at the little crotch where you can hear the dancing lessons (this is also where they open up the backstage area when the nighttime shows and parades are happening and you can’t get out of the park otherwise, that’s why they started decorating more of the backstage areas in the past years).

After Main Street we went past Crystal Palace on which exterior you can see the themes changing between Main Street/the Hub and Adventureland (look at the marquees!).
Then it was off to Adventureland where we found out that straw roof off the Enchanted Tiki room is actually metal (look closely and compare it to AK and AKL - for these two they where able to hire an expert from Africa!) and got on our first ride: Jungle Cruise, but without a skipper. Instead our guide told as about Walt’s trip with Mary Blair from which he took the inspiration for the ride and explained the differences between the kinds of animatronics! Moreover did you know that originally there wasn’t a Pirates of the Caribbean planned for WDW? But it was so popular in Disneyland that they had to include it, although there was no space! That’s why the drop is much steeper than in Disneyland - they have to get you backstage for the ride!

After that we got backstage through the entrance where the bigger parades start. We got to get a closer look at the floats, saw a test drive with them (the candy corns on Halloween are only steered with cameras, watch out, if they come very close to you!), saw the bigger part of Splash Mountain (like Pirates it’s almost completely backstage) and learned that the backstage buildings are all painted in go-away green to blend in with their surroundings.

From there we headed to Liberty Square where the duplicate of Liberty Bell is. It was made with the actual mold of the original Liberty Bell and the crack is handmade to resemble the real one! Next to it is the Liberty Tree. This is a tree Walt chose himself to be a part of MK. It was originally located elsewhere on property and is sitting in it’s own custom made flower pot!

Then we had lunch at Columbia Harbour House. A special area was roped off for us and the lunch (and drinks) where already waiting there for us along with our own condiment bar.

After lunch we were allowed to go on Haunted Mansion through the Chicken exit (which is themed really cool). Before that our guide told us some secrets - including how the dancing scene works. The ghosts are actual animatronics, but are shown to the guests with a mirror, so that they seem more ghostly. The mirror is so big that, if it ever breaks, they would have to put down the whole roof, took the mirror out, put a new one in and reassemble the roof (but that never happened). Moreover the Hidden Mickey on the dinner table isn’t supposed to be there (but some ghost puts it back in place whenever the scene is rearranged).

After that we got backstage Main Street and then down in the Utilidors. There really cool and on almost every wall there are shadow boxes with memorabilia. There’s even a whole one dedicated to MK’s opening. Did you know that Roy Disney interrupted himself during the opening speech to have Mickey by his side, because he said that in Mickey his brother will live on forever and because Walt was the more outgoing of the two and he didn’t want to give speeches, he needed at least part of him by his side (DF may or may not teared up, hearing the story).

And that was it. We had to tell our guide all the Keys to the Kingdom (and general Disney customer service)
- safety
- courtesy
- show
- capacity
which she pointed out again and again whenever they were reflected in the park. They have to be respected by every CM in that particular order.

Review:
We both liked that we did the tour first thing, because we got a better overview of the park along with a little inside on why it is build that way. Over all we enjoyed the tour very much. It was very informative, the backstage part was very cool to see and all the stories well placed int the according setting. I think I started with a very high appreciation for all the detailing and love that goes with the whole setting of the MK and DF feels the same. We liked the background stories more than the ones on DLP (but to be honest, there wasn’t much Walt included in there). You do get the Key to the Kingdom and a name tag with the tour name on it, but both are buttons and as pin collectors we would have liked to have a pin. Lunch is included and they are very accommodating with allergies, they even telephoned with the chef at Columbia Harbour House for me! For the duration (5-5,5 hours with lunch and 2-3 potty breaks) we feel the price is worth it!

After the tour we had a FP for Jungle Cruise which was perfect, because now we could experience it with the Skipper. We also got a coin of it, being our first MK ride ever! After that we watched the Festival of Fantasy parade from Liberty Square / Frontierland which we liked very much. After that we got on the Mark Twain Riverboat to avoid the crowds after the parade. Then we rode Big Thunder Mountain with another FP. We didn’t like it as much as in DLP. I don’t know why, maybe because in DLP it is an island?
Then we got on Pirates with no wait, because it broke down and was just started again and came off in time for our Splash Mountain FP (finally a waterride! I love them and there are none in Europe, because of the ever changing weather!)

We did want to stroll around the Poly and GF, but jet lag kind of hit on us and we decided to get a shower and get changed before our dinner at ‚Ohana. That’s why we didn’t get to see much of Fantasyland and none of Tomorrowland (which turned out to be one reoccuring theme of our trip. It’s kind of funny, because people normally turn right at first in the park, but we always go left! I wonder if this is, because our guide on the private tours in DLP told us to go left first to avoid crowds in the morning and the MK guide told us the same?).

IMG_0703.JPG
After we took pics we the amazing props at AoA and a shower, I changed in my Hibiscus top for dinner.
As it was a MNSSHP night, we wouldn’t have been able to watch Wishes in the park anyway, so I booked us dinner in time to watch HalloWishes from there. And we got a window table. Everybody was very nice about my allergies and I got separated plates for the noodles, the veggies and some of the meat! I loved the Bread Pudding, but it’s not the best on property in our opinion!
So, are your ready for some Disney food porn?

First course salad (first pic with carrots, second the Kathi-safe version):

IMG_0058.JPG
normal salad from the menu - DF liked it, but nothing too special.

IMG_0059.JPG
my salad - nothing special, but good.

IMG_0060.JPG
pineapple coconut bread - I LOVED it, although normally I don't like anything with pineapple. It's very soft and perfect for the sea salt butter.

IMG_0061.JPG
honey-coriander chicken wings and pork dumplings - DF likes especially the dumplings! He couldn't get enough.

IMG_0064.JPG
The noodles - we both really liked them, well made and I think we had a second helping!
IMG_0066.JPG

This was my veggie and beef platter. The chef made sure what I could eat and I could choose what I wanted him to make especially for me (I thought I include more of the allergy options, as I suppose the normal options are well known and there are not that different - at this point I have to thank Carly Morgan from MagicalDayWeddings and everclevermom who really helped me with her blog about WDW and allergies).
DF liked the normal veggies well, but thought the broccoli a little bit too bitter!

Lastly came the famous bread pudding with Banana foster sauce!
IMG_0069.JPG

I really loved it, but I didn't know what more was to come on the other days!

We really liked 'Ohana, especially when we could watch the Electrical Water Pageant and HalloWishes. For Wishes they even piped in the Halloween music and you really could see the castle.

I personally like to watch Wishes from afar better and over all it is not my favorite night-time show. With a castle in the middle I like DLP's Dreams better, because they combine the projection show with the fireworks - I just don't get why they can't do that in the MK?!

More to come soon (and can anyone help me with the multi-quotes? - seems I can't do them anymore; moreover: kitties did well on New Year's and are fine for now!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone - I'm getting married this year!!!

Last edited:
The Cinderella part...

So, as I said before our whole kitty drama put as a bit tight on the budget side. As for now we’re not going to Universal as we had planned and won’t do the Backstage Magic Tour. Originally this was going to be my gift from DF, but instead we’re putting the money towards our Bridal Portrait sessions (no way I’m carring that gown two times in the new future on an international flight – I really think of this as a once in a lifetime opportunity). Moreover we don’t do on oft he cruises or flying over to Disneyland. And as I said, I’m not giving away a couple of hundreds for aisle petals.

But... I was a bad bride last friday and did something selfish. Before I get into more detail, I want to make sure that you all know that I’ve been saving money probably for my outfit even before we got engaged over two and a half years ago and since my mother so kindly offered to pay for must of my gown, I thought I should put the money towards something I really want... (and not ending up buying only DisneyMerch with it)

So I got myself some brand new, beautiful, sparkly: Christian Louboutins... at first we went to the Jimmy Choo store, but I don’t know what it is – these shoes don’t want to fit me.

But when I put on my new babies, the saleswoman immediately said „These are princess shoes!“ – and although I don’t want to do the whole princess thing (ballgown, tiara, etc.), I’m still getting married at Disney... and DF called me princess as long as we’ve been together... furthermore the whole long gown situation put me in kind of a stressul place as I had planned to simply switch between my normal shoes and my dancing shoes, but there was no way I was going to dance in shoes with a 10 cm heel (this is the one my nude Louboutins have – I show them in our engagement portraits where I wore them, because I knew I couldn’t wear them anymore with my dress).

I didn’t want the sparkly silver ones, especially because most of my wedding jewelry (which arrived today!) is roségolden, but these we’re too perfect! (And as I mentioned before this seems to be the theme of my wedding preparations – I hadn’t planned on the long gown, the sparkly ring and shoes so far!)

So without further ado: meet my new love:P:

IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0001.JPG
(I'm sorry for not having a pic with both of them on - but look at that carpet!:love:) I think they really have a "glass slipper" look, don't they? Tell me what you think!

(Oh, and for all of you that didn’t know that: they have a new service: you can send your shoes back to the manufacturer and they will put on a new steady red sole once the original one wore off – don’t know if this is already available in the US though!)

Gorgeous shoes! No way my wide feets would fit but I'm happy with the ones I bought anyways ;)

Just wondering. How are you transporting your dress? Are you just carrying it in the dress bag or are you boxing it or are you putting it in a carry on roll on?
I know in the UK they sell acid free boxes that are the perfect carry on size but they don't sell them here so I'm currently looking at likely a roll on carry on or a sort of boxy lightweight carry on bag by delani around the dress bag [I've found a dry cleaner/dress preserver to fold it into the bag for me)

I'm just terrified of what would happen on the LAX - MCO flight. On an international flight )Syd - LAX) I know they have lots of nooks for hanging and they'll find it a spot. But I know how packed the cross country flights get.

I certainly know I'm getting LOTS of photo upgrades as this dress is going on an international flight once only...I hear you on that!!! HAHA!!

Thank you both so much!

I actually plan on using a carry-on lightweight suitcase and (basically) stuff it in there with everything else I need (not a chance I check the shoes!).
When I bought the dress the saleswoman said that most of the dresses come in little packages that aren't much bigger than the ones you get from Amazon when ordering two books. I hope that'll do - I hate caring around long dresses, because I'm pretty tiny and don't have the upper body strength to hold it in the air the whole time. Moreover we have to change planes in Frankfurt, so there wouldn't be much room for the dress from Munich to Frankfurt (and DF still things my dress will be tea length, so I'm afraid the bag might give it away).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter