Unused package tickets transferable?

jcemom

Official Tag Fairy Assistant
If we book a package with tickets and one party member does not use her tickets at all, could my SIL use it next year?

I know many years ago, once, we were able to have the tickets pulled from our package and put on separate cards to be saved for later (we still had days remaining on tickets from a previous trip). At the time we were told that as long as they were unused they were transferable.

Now they are linked to your account and magic bands. Could I just give SIL the band in question and let her use the ticket? Is there an easier way? Or is it now against the rules to transfer an unused ticket?

TIA

Yes, they are transferrable. No, you can't just give her your magic band. You'll need to link her to your MDE, and then you can "reassign" the ticket to her, all through the website. If she doesn't have her own band, she can pick up the plastic ticket from Guest Relations at the park.

Sorry to hijack. So if we add my brother in law and nephew to our free dining package we can reassign their tickets for future use? They were considering coming with us but only wanted to do Universal.

Yes, they are transferrable. No, you can't just give her your magic band. You'll need to link her to your MDE, and then you can "reassign" the ticket to her, all through the website. If she doesn't have her own band, she can pick up the plastic ticket from Guest Relations at the park.
Thank you! I didn't really want to give her my band anyway, so this sounds better! :-)

What would she need to take to Guest Relations to get a plastic ticket? Just ID? Or is there a ticket number or something that she would need? Thanks again. I appreciate the help.

Sorry to hijack. So if we add my brother in law and nephew to our free dining package we can reassign their tickets for future use? They were considering coming with us but only wanted to do Universal.
Yes

Thank you! I didn't really want to give her my band anyway, so this sounds better! :-)

What would she need to take to Guest Relations to get a plastic ticket? Just ID? Or is there a ticket number or something that she would need? Thanks again. I appreciate the help.
There's probably a ticket number somewhere to be found. Will she have an on-site reservation where she'll get a magic band? That's really the easiest thing to do, since it would automatically link up.

There's probably a ticket number somewhere to be found. Will she have an on-site reservation where she'll get a magic band? That's really the easiest thing to do, since it would automatically link up.
The last time I spoke with her she hadn't decided yet.

Same situation but it's a child ticket that will go completely unused because my parents bought the child a season pass. Can i put the monetary value of the unused child's ticket towards an adult ticket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter