• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unpleasant experience at BW

deb4038

Earning My Ears
Opted to stay at BW since son and dh were running 5k and 10k. They wake up at 3am on Friday to catch the 4 am bus and there’s No water. Call down and they say it was planned and there’s signs posted. They say use bathrooms in the lobby. There’s no water there. DH and son left extremely ill prepared for the race that they had been planning for a year. $700 a night. Spoke to front desk they stated there were signs posted near elevator. We were on the first floor never even rode an elevator! Said they left message the day before but we checked in on Thursday. Very disappointed.

They should post it on the page where you look to get your room number.

We were there once with no electricity for a few hours during the night, so not that big of an issue. But if I was told no water over night, I'd be filling every cup/plastic bag/ and or tub. Like if might occur during a hurricane.

Eta….something else they might do is send a message to every room phone. Perhaps twice several hours apart. You see the blinking light. I know nothing about computers, but how hard would it be to send message to every room.?

Last edited:
Ridiculous. Write Disney guests services. Every room should have had a paper letter delivered and signs should have been in multiple places around the resort. The manager should have apologized and offered something, even if it was just a small credit. Granted, I do not expect you to get anything besides a “thank you for your feedback” response but you never know.

I cannot say I’m surprised this was BW. Ever since they commenced their never ending renovations they haven’t been known for caring about it when things go wrong for their customers and it’s their fault. After my post refurb stay BWI went off my list for 2 reasons: cheap feel of the refurbishment (I spent half the time annoyed a room at CSR or Pop was refurbed better) and management didn’t give a darn when something that was 💯 their fault happened. The former I could get over in the right circumstances, the later is a dealbreaker.

ETA- the paper letter thing is a real thing hotels do, even Disney’s Grand CA did paper letters when they had to shut off the water years ago on a stay I had. Swan Reserve had to shut off power one night and they had letters, signs throughout the resort and left glow sticks in all the rooms. Other hotels I’ve been at that had to do water/electricity/alarm maintenance work have always provided letters to the room. The lack of a letter is a crazy cheap corner they cut there.

Last edited:
I agree this was handled poorly. Last October Pop Century had a short power outage scheduled during a night and there were signs throughout the resort and we had a letter put in our room explaining the situation and what to do if you would have any problems because of it. Pop handled that situation great. Sorry your situation happened.

For $700/night should have had somebody going door to door, no excuse for that. Sounds like a Motel 6 type of management not what I'd expect from a night at Disney.

We were at WL Boulder Ridge and earlier this week they were doing testing with the water overnight. They left us two messages on the phone, each a day apart. The water was off at some point as we noticed air in the lines as we ran the water in the morning.

It seems that their timing for the water shutoff wasn't very good. Not something they should be doing on a race weekend.

For $700/night should have had somebody going door to door, no excuse for that. Sounds like a Motel 6 type of management not what I'd expect from a night at Disney.

For $700 / night, they should have someone going door to door handing out buckets of water!

I mean that is ridiculous. You let people know before they book. You let them know at checkin. You let them know in the room. You don’t post one small sign in one location and think that’s acceptable. It’s not.

I had 3 friends staying at the BW for the race. They had 2 rooms and received messages on their phones as well as letters in the room. They said there were also signs in the lobby by the entrance and the elevators. Even if you are staying in a first floor room you must have used the lobby during the day before and the day of the water shut off. They said the signs were out for 2 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter