Unleash the villains vs mnsshp?

We did the May the 4th Limited Time Magic at DHS. I expect this will be a lot like that. Merchandise, character meets, fireworks etc. I enjoyed it but it was VERY crowded. The fireworks were great but you couldn't get near the dance party characters. The fireworks were wall-to-wall people. We luckily got to see the characters walking by to the dance party from where we were waiting to see the fireworks. People we literally mobbing them. CMs kept having to keep people away. It was fun but crowded. Since you have APs you could try it. We did that once too. There were fireworks at DHS on arrival night so we ran over to see them (different trip). It was about an hour before closing and the CM kept telling us it was closing soon and are we sure we wanted to go in. We had AP's too. Once again very crowded. TP may say its a 1 crowd level but DHS will be packed that night. I don't think to capacity though. I probably wouldn't leave MNSSHP for DHS fireworks but thats up to you. The special merchandise will probably sell out before you get there. MNSSHP has amazing fireworks and the Villians. IDK maybe if it was just DH and I and we had done everything at MNSSHP I would try it. Good Luck if you do.:)

We did the May the 4th Limited Time Magic at DHS. I expect this will be a lot like that. Merchandise, character meets, fireworks etc. I enjoyed it but it was VERY crowded. The fireworks were great but you couldn't get near the dance party characters. The fireworks were wall-to-wall people. We luckily got to see the characters walking by to the dance party from where we were waiting to see the fireworks. People we literally mobbing them. CMs kept having to keep people away. It was fun but crowded. Since you have APs you could try it. We did that once too. There were fireworks at DHS on arrival night so we ran over to see them (different trip). It was about an hour before closing and the CM kept telling us it was closing soon and are we sure we wanted to go in. We had AP's too. Once again very crowded. TP may say its a 1 crowd level but DHS will be packed that night. I don't think to capacity though. I probably wouldn't leave MNSSHP for DHS fireworks but thats up to you. The special merchandise will probably sell out before you get there. MNSSHP has amazing fireworks and the Villians. IDK maybe if it was just DH and I and we had done everything at MNSSHP I would try it. Good Luck if you do.:)
Thank you so much for that report! Where do you suggest is a good place to watch the fireworks? My dd will want to dance, is it possible to be in a place to dance but still also be in a good place for fireworks? Thanks again for the report about a similar event. I've never been to anything like this at DHS (never seen fireworks there). I wish I knew where would be a good place to stand for this. :goodvibes

I thought about not posting this but I'm going too. I am not discouraging anyone from going! We had a great day on May the 4t but Disney could of done better.

I would honestly go in with low expectations for character meets unless they change things from the other events. For the May the 4th they had a few roaming characters and unless you were willing to push people out of the way it was not fun. They had photopass yelling at people not to make a line a not to crowd. So basically you pushed you way up and got in other peoples pictures. I tried to get one pic and when I went up the photopass person turned away as did the character (Leia) and walked over to someone else. She was even ignoring young children and would turn and walk away. It was rude and upsetting. We just walked away. It was hot, crowded and seemed disorganized. It wasn’t worth it.

For the characters with lines it was about a 45min wait. I saw mickey and gang and that’s all I really wanted to wait for. They were great and most people in line were friendly.

There were people at the dance party and they watched the fireworks from there. It was mostly adults. This was another push people around thing. People pushing each other out of the way, jumping in front of them trying to get photos. It was way too crowded and I’m surprised no one got hurt. I’m sure others really enjoyed it but I didn’t want to be in the mess and DD was to young.

We had fun and I would go again but I would do things differently. We got there late and all the merchandise was gone but that was ok. Unless I wanted merchandise I would go later and only plan on doing the LTM stuff.

For the fireworks we were to the left of the hat and sort of beside the American Idol sign. We have seen the fireworks twice from here.

9621395439_05d0f88d2d.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

9624631366_a4f707ed5a.jpg
[/url]
[[/IMG]

I thought about not posting this but I'm going too. I am not discouraging anyone from going! We had a great day on May the 4t but Disney could of done better.

I would honestly go in with low expectations for character meets unless they change things from the other events. For the May the 4th they had a few roaming characters and unless you were willing to push people out of the way it was not fun. They had photopass yelling at people not to make a line a not to crowd. So basically you pushed you way up and got in other peoples pictures. I tried to get one pic and when I went up the photopass person turned away as did the character (Leia) and walked over to someone else. She was even ignoring young children and would turn and walk away. It was rude and upsetting. We just walked away. It was hot, crowded and seemed disorganized. It wasn’t worth it.

For the characters with lines it was about a 45min wait. I saw mickey and gang and that’s all I really wanted to wait for. They were great and most people in line were friendly.

There were people at the dance party and they watched the fireworks from there. It was mostly adults. This was another push people around thing. People pushing each other out of the way, jumping in front of them trying to get photos. It was way too crowded and I’m surprised no one got hurt. I’m sure others really enjoyed it but I didn’t want to be in the mess and DD was to young.

We had fun and I would go again but I would do things differently. We got there late and all the merchandise was gone but that was ok. Unless I wanted merchandise I would go later and only plan on doing the LTM stuff.

For the fireworks we were to the left of the hat and sort of beside the American Idol sign. We have seen the fireworks twice from here.

9621395439_05d0f88d2d.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

9624631366_a4f707ed5a.jpg
[/url]
[[/IMG]

Thanks for posting that. It doesn't sound like something I personally would care to do if it's like you suggest, but dd really really wants to go--and she's not a kid who asks for much. Thanks again for the report. :thumbsup2

We are seriously considering drivng down for the villains event - probably doing mk in the morning and hopping over to hs mid afternoon. Does anyone have any recommendations on what time we should shoot for arriving there? And do I have any hope at all of riding tsm? Is there a list of things that will be open for the night?

We are seriously considering drivng down for the villains event - probably doing mk in the morning and hopping over to hs mid afternoon. Does anyone have any recommendations on what time we should shoot for arriving there? And do I have any hope at all of riding tsm? Is there a list of things that will be open for the night?
Honestly, I'd go to DHS for the entire day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter