1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Unleash the Villains and capacity?

Discussion in 'Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promot' started by lacrosse_lady72, Aug 28, 2013.

1. lacrosse_lady72

lacrosse_lady72 I

I realize this is a one-of-a-kind event so there's no precedent... but should we be worried about not being able to get in? I know it's at such a slow time of year but it sounds like a lot of people are going out of their way to go to this.

We were initially planning on going to the MNSSHP because it was on Friday the 13th so we have a Crystal Palace reservation at 3:55PM. We were just going to have a late morning, get to MK around 1-2PM, have our meal and head DHS right after. So we'd probably get there around 6PM.

I'm probably just being paranoid but I also don't want to miss out on this. My other option is to do a 50's Prime Time reservation for 2:20PM which would put us there much earlier than we want to be.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Fantaluminishes

Fantaluminishes To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

I absolutely would not worry about DHS filling to capacity, or anywhere near it. Given how poorly LTM has been received this year, I wouldn't expect this to be much different. Yes, the Villains are popular. But this is the off-season. And although many people on boards like this might be going, they represent a very small minority of park guests. I wouldn't expect this to be any more crowded than a summer EMH night.

4. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

I don't know about that. Beings disney TA as well as a member of many boards while I don't think it will be at capacity this will be this yrs most popular event. I know of hundreds of families going just on this board & face book not to mention the ones on other boards.. Ppl will see it as a free Halloween event &villain appearances are very few are far between so I have a feeling this will end up being big... Again possibly not capacity but definitely crowded.. I myself will be there & plan on reporting.. Besides that with free dining being such a shirt window for that time a yr I wonder what that's going to do for the crowds even tho it's normally a slow time of yr..

5. carebee21

carebee21 DIS Veteran

I think it is going to be packed. I don't know about it hitting capacity, but I think it is going to be terribly crowded. Magic kingdom closes early for the Halloween party, animal kingdom closes early in general, and Epcot closes at 9. So honestly, I think a ton of people who otherwise may not even care about the event are going to head to Hollywood studios due to the early closing time at the other parks.

6. lacrosse_lady72

lacrosse_lady72 I

I'm thinking I should just change my reservation anyway. The Crystal Palace reservation is not a must do because it wouldn't be the first time we've been there and I wouldn't be surprised if trying to get there around 6PM would be chaos.

There's also the pin trading event bringing more people to the area so I'd just rather not risk it. If anything, it'll give us a way to not have to waste a lot of time just getting to and into the park.

7. luvgoing2disney

luvgoing2disney DIS Veteran

I think it is going to be packed as well, based on the interest on boards. We are gonig to MNSSHP on Tuesday and have plans on Friday to hop from MK to DHS---if we can get in!

8. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

I think that's a smart move. It may or may not break capacity thresholds, but I'm confident it will be very, very busy.

9. Mommy2Jameson

Mommy2Jameson Mouseketeer

Personally, I would stick with CP and MNSSHP. So many people will be going to DHS for the Free Event, I bet MNSSHP will have VERY LOW crowds! I think it would be worth it to pay for the MNSSHP ticket!

10. yoda27

yoda27 Earning My Ears

Is there event LE merchandise? Also is there a waiting list for the Epcot Friday event? What number do I cAll to inquire about the latter ?

11. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Do you mean DHS event? There is no Epcot event that I know of. No waiting list, just show up with thousands of others.

12. yoda27

yoda27 Earning My Ears

I mean... The DHS will have LE merch? Also for the reflections of evil event same day st robot... Is there a wait list/cancellation list? Who can I call?

13. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

They have announced LE merchandise. Hoping its not going to be like AK and Epcot anniversary where you can only get it in one place that has mile long lines!

14. 2manypets

2manypets DIS Veteran

15. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

I think you'll find that this event will be pretty busy. I remember how busy non-party nights get for Wishes so while the crowds are lower and spread between 4 parks, when a special one time event pops up I would expect to see the crowds head in the same direction. It may not be to capacity, but I am positive it will be packed for that time of year.

To your question, it depends on if you want to be there at the start or risk long lines to see the characters and such. If you would rather be there early, change the ressie to 50's PTC, if meeting the characters is less important than keep the original ressie.

16. MamaOdieBoogie

MamaOdieBoogie Earning My Ears

I am thinking that it will be busy, but not crazy. There are plenty of TS ADR's available at DHS for next Friday evening. If it was going to be that busy, there would be nothing left at this point, yet last night we got a great time reserved for dinner at HBD. All TS had availability when I searched!

17. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

18. addamsfan

addamsfan Earning My Ears

It's HIGHLY UNLIKELY that hs will hit capacity.september is the quietest month of the year at disney and hs usually doesn't close to capacity during times that are A LOT busier,like the week between xmas and nye.also a lot of people where worried about mk closing to capacity on may 24th.I was there all day and checked the internet once an hour to see if it closed and IT NEVER DID.the parking lot was closed for a while but the park itself NEVER CLOSED.

19. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

DHS is hitting capacity levels.

20. PJesse25

PJesse25 <font color=green>We're ALL Whack-a-Doodle here!</

This turned into a nightmare! Buena Vista Dr. was backed up to Downtown Disney and back onto World Dr. with traffic. People were giving up and driving over the median to turn around. I wound up giving up after 45 minutes.

A friend of mine who got in said she parked in the last row of the parking lot around 7. Another friend was told over the phone that Epcot was being used for overflow. The friend who did get in said the park itself was super crowded and that she had waited 2 hours in one character line - and that the characters didn't come out till 9! She also said the park was at Phase 3 closing around 8:30.

Very disappointing, but I'm glad I didn't go if what I'm hearing is true.

21. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

Yup. I will believe it. I'm here and so far can't get near the dancing.

I ditched the photo with oogie boogie I was waiting for when a cast member went by saying we wouldn't make it to the front at all tonight.
    It is definitely crazy and fun right now.