Universal with a 4 year old

natsprat04

Earning My Ears
Is it a good idea to bring a 4 year old to Universal Studios? I'm not sure if the park is kid friendly with rides that she can ride. Do they have child swap like they do in DL?

My DS who was almost 4 last year when we were there was not terribly interested in much there. There was a "Spongebob" area but IMHO I wouldn't go back with a child that age!

Any other experiences w/a 4 year old in USH? My husband & I are big movie fans. Last time we were there was 11 years ago & would like to take our daughter for the 1st time since we will be visiting DL.

Is their "All you can Eat" deal good? It looks like it's good value.

I remember that the all you can eat deal is good if you will be there for a while and if you go on a non busy day.

I went to Universal with my 4 year old and found it to be VERY boring and very scary to her. I am pretty sure at the time we went a year or so ago when she was 4 that she wasn't the right height for the little rides they had. We went on the studio tour and I never seen my daughter so scared. Even as a adult it was a little to much effect for me so I couldn't imagine what she thought. She still tells people how she was scared of the big monkey "king kong" and the jaws eating the scuba diver. There was a water park and a small play structure for kids and a shrek 3d movie that was a little scary also. I am a big movie fan and so is my DH and thought that we would see a little movie going on when we went to the studio tour and didn't see any. You can see the park in a few hours and be done. Disneyland, Lego land, Sea World I will go to now even if I had free tickets for Universal. If you haven't been there for a long time then it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Just make sure that your daughter wouldn't be scared. I still hate myself for bringing her on the studio tour and glad she didn't do on the mummy or the jurastic park ride.

They do have the child swap, which is great! Jurrastic park ride has a little room with a tv and a few dinosaurs to climb on while you wait and the mummy has a room but we didn't use the room that time.

I was there in Aug of 06 and my son was 4 then. He enjoyed the tram ride although the War of the Worlds set spooked him a little but he like the Jaws part and the Fast and Furious part.

He also liked the Water World show and the Shrek movie show. I think he would have like the Juarssic park ride but he was too little. Even if he had been big enough the Mummy would have been too much for him.

We will be going in May with a 3 year old and a 10 year old, mostly for me and the 10 year old, but I have to say I'm a little worried about how my youngest will fare...

We went last February with a 4yo, 5yo and 9yo. The 4yo & 5yo got bored quickly. There's a big play area (indoor & outdoor), i think it was called Nickolodeon Blast Zone or something like that. That was a big hit with all 3 kids but it only kept them occupied so long. There are character meet n greets with Dora, Spongebob, Shrek & Fiona that the kids also enjoyed. They also enjoyed the shows in the main level, like Waterworld, Shrek 4 D and Animal Actors. My ds was picked to be the volunteer on stage and it was hilarious.

There really wasn't much for the little kids on the lower level. We did backdraft and that scared them. Only ds(9) was able to ride the Jurassic Park ride and the Mummy ride so the 2 girls got ice cream while the boys rode rides.

I didn't think there was much for the little girls to do. And we only really decided to go to Universal Studios since it was my ds's 9th birthday trip and he wanted to venture out of DL:scared: We all enjoyed the tram ride but I don't think we'll be back for a few years. We'll probably wait til dd is tall enough to ride all the rides.

I would agree that Universal with any kids probably younger then 10 would pretty much be a waste of time and $$$. There's not really many attractions/rides geared towards the small ones at Universal Hollywood. Wait till they get a little older to take them, better off taking them to Legoland instead.

We took my DD, then about 4 , to Univeral in May about 4 yrs. ago. We had decided that instead of traveling far away for a short vacation, we would travel from Corona, CA to Universal Studios. We stayed at an Embassy Suites in Aracadia and went to the Museum of Natural History one day, and Universal Studios the next. We had planned to stay 2 nights but ended up checking out after 1 night and then going down to Anaheim for the next night and using our AP to visit Disneyland.

Unfortunately, there wasn't enough to keep DD interested at US. It was an overcast day so she couldn't go into the Nickolodeon area as it is designed for water play. She enjoyed playing in the ball play area but I quickly got tired of that. She hated the Back to the Future ride and I had to console her during the entire ride. (I felt like such a bad mommy!:scared1: ). They had just closed the ET ride to build the Mummy Ride.

She wasn't really interested in the tram ride. She enjoyed the Waterworld show. The Simpson's ride wasn't there then. Basically, though, she was bored, and so was I. We left fairly early.

We went to DLR the next day and she had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter