Universal Orlando Question

disneyworldfamily

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We are in the beginning stages of planning our 2017 trip. As always, we plan on staying onsite but this time, we are going to spend a day at Universal. We will not be renting a car, so the dilemma is what is the best, quickest, and most cost effective way to get to and from Universal. I've done a little research and there seems to be many options. We're a family of 4.

What I'm looking for is recommendations from those of you who have stayed onsite at Disney and have had to find your own way Universal and were happy with the service you chose.

Thank you!

Based on everything I have heard and read, I would suggest looking at Uber (cheaper) or Mears (more traditional but probably more expensive)

Here is a DIS thread on using Uber at WDW...http://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/

Dreams Unlimited Travel (Pete & John's travel company) also have a 1-Day at Universal package you can book that includes your park tickets and roundtrip transportation...http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/terms-1day2park-roundtrip.htm

We are planning the same thing, we are going in March for 9 nights, thought of booking 1 night at Universal but I think we'll just Uber over. I've read a lot of posts regarding Uber and it seems pretty easy to use and is a lot cheaper than other ways. They even say most of the Uber drivers are CMs on their time off. I was looking at the Dreams Unlimited package with tickets and round trip transportation but the transportation fee seems a bit high to me.

I always recommend staying onsite at one of the hotels that includes unlimited express. You won't ever regret it, especially if you are trying to jam things into one day.

I always recommend staying onsite at one of the hotels that includes unlimited express. You won't ever regret it, especially if you are trying to jam things into one day.
Agreed. (We once paid for a discounted night and did not use the room just used the parking and express passes. The room was less expensive than the express passes would have been and the room passes are unlimited. We did do two days at Universal.)

Renting a vehicle just for this trip would be your least expensive option if you are comfortable driving. We have gotten onsite car rentals for as little as $10 USD for a single day (plus fuel & tolls if any). Airmiles also has some very good car rental deals. There are a number of places you can get discount codes including the Transportation forum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter