Universal of Yesteryear

Blimp.10.jpg

Do you have a date on this photo? One of my earliest memories as a kid is eating at a restaurant in and around universal that my family say was likely the hard rock cafe - I marvelled baskets of fries since you couldn't get those in the UK :). I remember looking out onto construction, like that orange patterned fencing stuff. (I was only 6ish at the time) That field in the foreground looks oddly like my memories of that day. I thought for the longest time I imagined that memory. Perhaps I didn't.

Do you have a date on this photo? One of my earliest memories as a kid is eating at a restaurant in and around universal that my family say was likely the hard rock cafe - I marvelled baskets of fries since you couldn't get those in the UK :). I remember looking out onto construction, like that orange patterned fencing stuff. (I was only 6ish at the time) That field in the foreground looks oddly like my memories of that day. I thought for the longest time I imagined that memory. Perhaps I didn't.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201308/3609/

According to the link that picture was taken in 1990.......

There's a few similar images on other websites if you google them.........some of them are fascinating to see.......

That is the Bate's main house from the Psycho movie. I remember walking up that lane to the HR cafe and thinking there was an attraction there. But no, just window dressing. :furious:

Oh wow, never knew that one. Seems odd they'd put it there so prominently and not do anything with it. Guess it just makes for a cool view as you say.

Oh wow, never knew that one. Seems odd they'd put it there so prominently and not do anything with it. Guess it just makes for a cool view as you say.

I think that's part of why it was one of the first things to go when the park started expanding. Fievel opened right across from it, so I guess Curious George is where it used to be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter