Universal newbie

Braden's Momma

Mouseketeer
Dh and I are thinking about going in July to Universal Orlando. We would stay on property. Wish hotel is more adult oriented? Also, would we need a car other than to and from the airport (won't be doing anything outside of Universal). How much does a taxi typically cost from the airport to a resort? I know this is a lot of ? But I know nothing about Universal : )

All three resorts are very adult oriented. You really need to look at each one and see which theming appeals to you. Portofino Bay is the most expensive and further away and tends to be the most quiet. However, it is still within walking distance or a short boat shuttle ride.

A taxi to/from airport is around $50 including tip. You won't need a car otherwise.

Dh and I are thinking about going in July to Universal Orlando. We would stay on property. Wish hotel is more adult oriented? Also, would we need a car other than to and from the airport (won't be doing anything outside of Universal). How much does a taxi typically cost from the airport to a resort? I know this is a lot of ? But I know nothing about Universal : )

start here: www.universalorlando.com

click on the hotel tab.

read up on the hotels so you can make a decision which would suit you best.
for me RPH is great for adults.
i know others have their favorites as different hotels.

you can pool hop so the pools shouldn't be a make it or break it deal.

i stay onsite for 10 nights and never found a need to rent a car.
why pay for the parking fees if you are not going to venture offsite?

taxis from the airport to the darkside hotels could run you about $35-40 a way.

fees are based time you are in the taxi and distance so it can vary especially if you are traveling during a rush hour period.

town cars are at each hotel that you can use to return to the airport.
it runs $50 for the ride.
valet can set it up for you.

if you plan on july, the onsite hotels are at a higher rate due to summer time.
weekends cost more than weekdays.
if you book a stay from M-Th, rates would not be as high as the weekend rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter