Universal Hall of Fame - Twister...Ride It Out

Should Twister...Ride It Out be in The DIS Universal Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 42 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teleclashter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey Universal supporters!

Please take a second to vote on whether or not Twister...Ride It Out should join Jurassic Park River Adventure and The Cat in the Hat in The DIS Universal Hall of Fame! If you have two seconds, please comment below and let's really hash it out. You know you want to...

I do want to, even though I shouldn't... having never actually experienced it. So I won't vote, but I will say it looked pretty cool to me, from the video you guys showed today (despite having to look at Bill Paxton's (not Pullman's) face). But I also have a thing for natural disasters, so maybe that's swaying my opinion. If it's still around in December, I'll give it a shot :)

For me, this is a tough one. Is it the best attraction in the park? Not on your life. But, it's a classic attraction that harkens back to the original purpose of Universal (and Disney MGM studios) as working studios combined with behind the scenes "movie magic". For that reason alone, in my mind, Twister and/or Disaster (Earthquake) deserves to be in a Universal hall of fame.

I don't think it belongs, but I looove it. I reallyy like the queue area of the wrecked house inside. The actual main show is really fun, too. (As fun as a simulated tornado can be).
I like the gift shop with the cow merch.
I won't be sad if it goes, but I make sure I do it each visit.

I went with a reluctant YES for Twister but would give the previous attraction in this location an enthusiastic Yes.

Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!

G'day
I I I

I am going to vote no, and I'll even go as far as to suggest that for the duration of its run, the attraction be renamed "Bill and Helen's Relationship: Ride It Out!".

Not sure how no one has used this reply..... OH HELL NO!!!

In other news I really liked the The Buzz coming up bar on the bottom of the screen.

I do like it ...but not sure it has the stuff required for HoF status.

ugh, NO, it is soooooo cheesy! lol And not good cheesy, just like, really bad cheesy. And not so bad it's good either. I commented to JL about this on FB. The first and only time I did this "ATTRACTION" I remember thinking what I had just experienced was just the pre-show. After what I thought was the pre-show, I was all excited to see what the ride was all about on the other side of the doors, but the other side of the doors was the exit! HA! Major Fail.

Ryno mentioned the cow chocolate milk mixer in the shop. I always MEAN to get one, but then I'm like "eh".
Maybe next trip I'll load up on Twister cow merch.

09a05e4e173e6fbf15e7d256692fe2ab.jpg

The movie is a guilty pleasure of mine as it's always on Film4 in the UK. However the ride is sad, the best bit is the giant fans in the queue.

The first time I rode this I was totally psyched up! I was 12 at the time. In the queue line my 6 year old brother got scared so my dad had to take him out which just made it all the more exciting! Then I watched the "show" bit... oh it was so underwhelming.

Ahhhh no look, a puff of smoke which is shaped like a tornado. I'm so scared... yawn.

This ride is total hall of shame material.

I remember thinking this was boring during my first trip as a kid. 15 years later and I still think it's boring, I'm afraid.

Definitely not HoF material in my opinion.

Yes simply because at the time, it was cool...granted after the years it is not relevant, but isn't that exactly what a hall of fame is for, the has beens that were cool...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter