Universal for non-ride person

PA Disneymania

DIS Veteran
We went to Universal many years ago when the kids were teens and my DH had our son to ride the rides with him. Kids grew up and DH wants to return to Universal. (We usually do WDW every year.) My idea of a thrill ride is the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train or Splash Mt. I don't do anything more adventurous than those. (I do get motion sickness and have embarrassed myself on things I should not have been on.) My question is what attractions are at IofA and US for someone like me. I know my DH will tire of having to do everything by himself.

I suggest you check out the website www.universalorlando.com and review the rides and shows on the parks
Read the description of everything in the parks

Then go to YouTube and view what rides/shows are posted

Many peeps do SRL for rides so your husband won't be on all rides by himself when you take a pass on certain rides

My gosh, if you can do 7 dwarfs and space mountain you can do lots at universal! I can't handle either one of those rides at Disney!
Off the top of my head, there are. Spiderman , transformers, MIB, all of Seuss landing, ET, shriek, despicable me, to name a few. I am the biggest ride coward in the world and I love universal!

My gosh, if you can do 7 dwarfs and space mountain you can do lots at universal! I can't handle either one of those rides at Disney!
Off the top of my head, there are. Spiderman , transformers, MIB, all of Seuss landing, ET, shriek, despicable me, to name a few. I am the biggest ride coward in the world and I love universal!

Most of those are sim rides (except for Seuss Landing) and they can get monotonous, IMO. I felt weird walking around Seuss Landing with my adult daughter, no kids in tow. It's a great area, super kid friendly, kind of like the kiddie area of a carnival compared to the rest of the park. Not saying adults don't go on rides there, it's just mostly adults with kids.

OP, I'm not a huge rollercoaster fan, but we go for the HP sections. Maybe try Gringott's (or watch it on YouTube) but even just the shops, the dragon, Hogwarts Express, are really well done and worth the time to explore.

Thanks for your responses. dsmom, I do not do Space Mountain. I said Splash Mt and it took my granddaughter to get me on that. I love taking pictures and I am fine just walking around. I just know that my husband will want me to go on the rides with me, and I am a chicken. Neither of us are Harry Potter fans, but we would go see it.
I am aiming for 2 days Universal, 1 day Sea World and Disney Cruise!

If you can handle splash mountain you can do the woody woodpecker coaster, my husband loves it!
I also love the Barney show! To me the theming in Seuss is the best out of both parks, very well done.

My 20 year old DD and I had no issues waking around Seuss Landing and going on the rides many times, especially the overhead trolley thing. The Cat in the Hat ride does spin a bit, I think. There is the ET ride also that you can do, and the Popeye raft ride if you don't mind getting soaked. If you will be there at a busy time definitely have him do the single rider lines where available, or consider an express pass for him, for the thrill rides you won't do?

Do you ride Soarin at Epcot? The Simpsons ride is a bit like that, technology wise, but the movie makes you feel like you are on a roller coaster.

Popeye is my favorite all time ride! The spinning on Cat in the hat has been toned down so much now it's almost boring. And you are braver than me , I could never do splash mountain, that drop scared me!

dsmom, I close my eyes and count off 6 seconds and the drop is over. I also ask to sit in the back. I wanted to see the theming inside the ride and I enjoy that.

I can't do the rides either but there are lots of things to do together. Horror makeup show was great as well as Fear Factor. Despicable me and I believe Shrek have stationary seating. Parades, meet and greets, shopping especially in the HP areas and of course Hogwarts Express if you have tickets for both parks. You didn't say where you were staying but if on site deluxe you get Express Passes which will limit your time waiting as they wont be in lines as long. Have a great time!

OP, if you get motion sickness, I would look at Spiderman & transformers videos before you go (along with Simpsons, Forbidden Journey....). Those all make me really sick.

Here is my list: the Celestina Show in Diagon Alley, the food truck rappers, Ollivanders, Men in Black (lot of fun, there are a couple of spins), ET, and the Hogwarts Express. I'd also add Spiderman to the list. It's not fast, you can always shut your eyes if it feels too intense, and really well done.

I can do Star Tours and Dinosaur at Disney World and I am getting the impression that Spider-Man and Transformers are basically a combination of those two. Are the simulated effects (falling, etc.) more intense than on Star Tours? Also, is Transformers more intense than Spider-Man overall? I heard that Transformers goes up and down for the duration of the ride on some sort of elevator contraption (which makes me think that it's like Tower of Terror and I would never do that ride). Is that true? I reallyyy don't like drops.

Transformers is easier to me than spiderman and nothing at all like tower of terror, I would die if I ever had to do that ride. To me dinosaur was much rougher than spiderman or transformers and star tours was much more confining to me.

I can do Star Tours and Dinosaur at Disney World and I am getting the impression that Spider-Man and Transformers are basically a combination of those two. Are the simulated effects (falling, etc.) more intense than on Star Tours? Also, is Transformers more intense than Spider-Man overall? I heard that Transformers goes up and down for the duration of the ride on some sort of elevator contraption (which makes me think that it's like Tower of Terror and I would never do that ride). Is that true? I reallyyy don't like drops.

Not so.

Transformers is a similar ride to Spiderman.........but I'm the opposite of dsmom........I find Transformers much rougher than Spiderman.........but it does not work anything like ToT......which is a great ride.....love those drops!!! But TF and Spiderman are essentially the same ride..........But you'll be safe as its nothing like ToT.....no drops......

Spiderman has a simulated drop in vision only.......but you don't get that dropping feeling at all with that.

For me to do TF and not get a pain in my neck from some jostling on the ride, I ask to be seated in the
middle row for the ride

If I have to wait for that section, not a problem for me
I like the ride but it is loud and in your face excitement

Spider has some jerking moments but I'm not affected by it

Some rides I dont get the same experience as others have posted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter