Universal FAQ's

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by yaytezIOA, Feb 9, 2007.

1. BrinkofSunshine

BrinkofSunshine DIS Veteran

Because of New Year's. The crowds will not have had time to die down yet. The later on in January you get, the quieter the parks become. The only bothersome thing is that it is a big time for Brazilian tour groups! But I would take them over 2+ hour waits, any day.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

makes sense, thanx

4. Dis*Mom

Dis*Mom Mouseketeer

My family and I are planning a Universal/Disney trip in June. We have been to Disney many times but this will be our first time to Universal. We are planning on staying at one of the Universal onsite hotels for the first 2 nights. I have 2 questions;

1 - We will be arriving on Sunday evening to check in - if you book a package, can you get your tickets at the hotel when you check in?

2 - Can we go ahead and visit the parks that evening?

5. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

When you say evening ,how late do you mean ?? The parks prolly close between 8 and 9p . We had to get our tickets at the park , we had a voucher for them so I am not sure about getting them at the Hotel, we couldn't get our vouchers exchanged for actual tickets at the hotel !!

6. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Have you booked a package yet? It really isn't the best way to go. Book your hotel here http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR and get your tickets through undercover tourist.

That way you can make any changes easily without penalty and you don't need to pay in full until you check out. Tickets are cheaper at undercover tourist also. They will send you actual tickets that don't need to be exchanged.

7. Dis*Mom

Dis*Mom Mouseketeer

Thank you Englishrose and Damo for the information. We hope to arrive around 5:00 p.m. and we have not booked a package yet - just wanted to know our options. I will look at the link for the hotel. One more question, my husband is military. Do you know if the hotel would offer a military discount? Thanks again for your help.

8. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Yes, use the code MIL in the link http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR It is a very nice discount!

9. Dis*Mom

Dis*Mom Mouseketeer

Damo, thank you so much for that info. That is a great discount. :)

10. HarleyGirl514

HarleyGirl514 Earning My Ears

How about a law enforcement discount? Does the Royal Pacific do a discount like that? :confused3

11. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

no, however, OT since you ask...do you know of any hotels in Orlando that do offer this sort of discount and care to share;)?

12. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

i missed reading your post............:wave2:

well, long story short...........
    i was complaining that parry hotter was coming to town and got zapped with a Tom Felton tag. :eek:

i believe the tag fairy was trying to 'put me in my place' for bad mouthing a very much loved person. :rolleyes1

any hoot, i still have not seen the movies or read the books.
    i tried to watch 2 of the movies but turned it off early.
    wasn't my thing.

but, i do really enjoy parry hotters section at IOA.
    it is a fun area to do on each trip.

i tell posters that even if you have never seen the movies or read a book about parry hotter, you still will enjoy the section in the park that most others worship.

13. englishrose47

My tickets are purchased and I went with Undercover Tourist as suggested , am waiting for them to arrive !!! We leave in 24 days:cool1::cool1::cool1:

14. kimmyann

kimmyann DIS Veteran

I'm sure this has been asked & answered somewhere... If we buy something (like a wand, which we plan to do first thing) will they hold it or can I pick it up later at the front of the park? I just know that my DD will want a wand & I don't want to have to get a locker just for it since we plan on riding all day. Thanks.

15. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

if you buy a wand, tell the TM that is ringing your purchase up, you want to use the delivery service.

they will send your purchase/wrapped, to the front store for holding.

keep the claim ticket they issue you.
    you need to show that for pick up.

it will take at least one hour for the package to be in the holding store up in the front of the park.

16. kimmyann

kimmyann DIS Veteran

Just the info I was looking for. Thank you very much!

17. FiveofusNL

FiveofusNL Mouseketeer

Great. It will be so much easier that way. If you were leaving the park at 3:00, what would be the latest you could buy something at the park stores and have it waiting at the front store for you? Around 1:30?

18. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Just to be on the safe side, you might want to allow two hours especially if the park is busy that day.

19. englishrose47

We leave in 6 days !!!:cool1:Any idea what the crowds will be like next week? The weather keeps changing , but for sure it will be warmer than here !!:rotfl2:

20. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Crowds should be relatively low now until Memorial Day weekend.

21. FiveofusNL

FiveofusNL Mouseketeer

Thanks. Will do.:thumbsup2