Universal during Thanksgiving week

thr33boys

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering if someone can give me some insight as what to expect crowd-wise at Universal during Thanksgiving week. We have 2 nights booked at HRH beginning on Nov 23 (the Mon before Thanksgiving). We plan to arrive early and make it to EE and will have 2 day park-to-park tickets. I've tried searching but can't find the info I'm looking for. Will waits still be very long even with the express passes? Will it be as busy as Disney? When will we find out which park has EE? Anyway to know this ahead of time?

Going during those days before Thanksgiving (most people don't have those days off) and staying onsite with EP, you'll do great. I don't forsee any big waits (expect Minions) for you. Those Express Passes are great....making touring so easy. (I haven't been during that time, but went over Spring Break with what would be similar crowds, I think).

We've been early in Thanksgiving week as well. It was a while ago (when only one park had a Harry Potter section) so we went straight to that first, and did fine.

We will be at HRH the same week! As long as you have the EPs (which you will!!) you'll do great! The weather will be perfect for enjoying hot butter beer in the mornings...yum

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I had read recent reports of people complaining of long waits even with the express passes and was starting to worry about how bad it might be for when we'll be there. Thanks again :)

We plan to check into RPR the day before you and are staying for 3 nights, so I'm glad to hear that it should be manageable.

Thanks for posting this question. We are looking for an all exclusive on-site Universal trip in Nov. 2016. We were thinking a short trip during Veteran's Day week or a little bit longer week at Thanksgiving. Our DS is in high school so don't want him to miss more than 2 days. We are use to June crowds at Disney so if that is something I can compare it to. I would love more opinions about Thanksgiving week.

We went this past Thanksgiving week. Crowds were not that bad. A cold front came through so that may have resulted in thinning crowds.
The day before Thanksgiving was nice weather in shorts. Thanksgiving day it stormed and day after we finished IOA in a few hours. It was so bitter cold not many people were there.
Longest wait was 40 minutes about 10am for Minions the day before Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter