Universal Character Site

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Berlioz70, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Dr. Doom and Green Goblin tend to alternate with the Heros in Marvel Island. Their times are not listed in the park maps, but I see them out regularly.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

I tried to meet ParaNorman on Wednesday and was told he is only out Thur-Sat in the late afternoons (which are when I work). It was a bummer - hopefully he'll be out more frequently as it gets closer to the movie!

I can confirm that Dr. Doom was out Wednesday.

4. rabbitroger

rabbitroger Mouseketeer

Looking at the pictures is it just me or does Betty Boop look really wrong as a real person?

[​IMG]

It would be so much better if she was in a full body suit like Jafar or Smee at Disney.

5. triplefigs

triplefigs <marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>

We have never been to UO before. I love your website and pics, but is there a list anywhere that shows WHERE in UO/IoA these characters usually can be found? Specifically the Simpsons, Sponge Bob, Despicable Me, Hop, Scooby Doo, and Marvel Superheroes?

We are debating whether to do the new Superstar breakfast one morning. Has anyone here been? What did you think? My triplets are 12 and love getting pics made with the characters.

Thanks!

6. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

The super heroes stay in Marvel Super Hero Island. They come out throughout the day. Check the park map when you're there for times.

The other characters you mentioned can usually be found around the front areas of the Studios. Mostly near E.T. but they do tend to wander around. Photo ops are not difficult to get and the characters enjoy meeting their fans.

7. triplefigs

triplefigs <marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>

Thank you! Any special tips for 1st time visitors?

8. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Just keep your eyes open...the characters could pop up anywhere.

9. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

It tells you where above the image:
    Universal Studios, Hollywood (November 2011)
    Park, Location (Date Photo was taken)

Outside of Toon Lagoon, most areas are small enough that you can just stand in the middle of it and see the characters. The areas are specified on the maps.

Unlike Disney, which has specific meeting areas off to the side in the shade with organized queues, Universal's characters are out in the middle of everything.

The only 2 characters that have "organized spaces" are Spiderman and Spongebob.

10. slbgnb

slbgnb Mouseketeer

Is there a list of which characters actually sign? Also, are there ever Madagascar characters around?

Thanks!

11. rabbitroger

rabbitroger Mouseketeer

Heres an interesting factoid i just picked up, one of the girls who plays Olive Oyl (the girl pictured below) also currently plays Claire Lynch in TNA, also being filmed at Universal Studios.

[​IMG]

12. truck1

truck1 Growing older but not up.

I knew most of the Actors/Actresses have several roles, (ie, in Beetlejuice, weve seen the characters move around from 1 show to the next.Weve seen Frankie and Wolfman swap, as well as Hip and Hop, and Bride any number of occasions.) and that some even work at multiple parks. I never would have made that connection.

13. atlfan4

atlfan4 Mouseketeer

Any word if he is out more often now? I gotta think those characters are an obvious one to have out during the Halloween season, right?:confused3

Thanks!

14. AnjieNet

AnjieNet DIS Veteran

Went to IOA/US on 10/21 & 10/22 and met many characters and got their autographs. We saw Hogwarts Express Conductor, Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Captain America, Spiderman, Dr. Doom, Popeye, Olive Oyl, and Betty Boop at IOA (didn't make it to Suess until after the characters left for the day). At US we met Curious George, Woodie and Winnie Woodpecker, Scooby, Shaggy, The Simpsons (Bart, Homer, Marge and Lisa), Shrek and Fiona, Lucille Ball, Marilyn Monroe, Men in Black Agents, Dora, Diego, Boots, EB, Pink Berets, Phil, Carlos, Spongebob, Squidward and Patrick. Despicable Me characters were there as well but we didn't do a meet and greet though DD danced with a couple of Minions.

15. meeko_33785

meeko_33785 <font color=teal>Surrounded by characters<br><font

Does anyone know if any of the characters will be out in Holiday outfits this year. I know last year they had some out at KidZone after the Star Toons show, but was unsure if anything like this would be happening again:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Has anyone seen any characters (besides those at Seuss Landing for Grinchmas) decked out for the Holiday season yet?

16. truck1

Im probably going 1 day this week, and if no one else gets there first, Ill look. The last time we were there on the 2nd I hadnt noticed any of the characters with Christmas clothes, but I wasnt really paying attention either.

17. nugov2

nugov2 DIS Veteran

We only have time for one day at universal....so if we do IOA we won't see the DM characters? I picked IOA because my son is a die hard superhero fan, but will be sad to miss some of the other characters.

18. truck1

As far as I know that's correct Despicable Me is over at Universal and Marvel characters are at Islands of Adventure. I don't remember ever seeing the 2 .parks characters together

19. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

I agree with Truck - I've never seen those particular characters cross parks (though some others do - Lorax and Popeye come to mind).

20. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Great day at Universal - posted 12 new photos and spotted an additional 20+ characters. New page for Men In Black Agents (I've never seen them before) plus new Minion Kevin!

21. truck1

Maybe Im confusing them with something else, but I think Ive seen MIB agents walking around with Marylin Monroe or driving a car with another star in it. They almost looked like they were playing body guard to certain stars.