Universal Character Site

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Berlioz70, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Hello!

I started a Universal Character Website a week ago and have 4 known characters that I'm missing, possibly more.

Check it out - let me know your thoughts/suggestions/criticisms.

UOCharacterHunt

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mdb78

mdb78 knock knock knock... Penny?

I've used your site for WDW. :cool1: Thanks for keeping it updated, especially with the changes going on in Fantasyland.

Quick question.. Who is Alex (listed in UO Kidzone)? I'm trying to rack my brain, but I can't figure it out! Lol! :cutie:

ETA: nevermind! I just saw the picture! :)

4. lamb616

lamb616 DIS Veteran

awesome! I Had no idea Dora & Diego were at US. My DD (3) will be tha-RILLED!
    I think they need to get rid of the Simpsons. Is that show even still on???

5. mdb78

mdb78 knock knock knock... Penny?

Yup that show is still going on strong!

6. Magpie

Magpie DIS Veteran

What a great site! I had no idea they had Minions from Despicable Me! I hope they're still there when we visit in December - my kids will be thrilled!

And bah to anyone who doesn't like the Simpsons. ;) When my kids were babies they would crawl to the TV as soon as they heard that theme song come on. They're teens now and they still look forward to watching new episodes with us on Sunday nights.

We're getting a family photo with the Simpsons!

BTW - Dora's okay I guess, but Diego's just trying to get your child mauled by wild animals. "That's right kids, that baby bear is your friend! He needs your help finding his mommy!" Yikes!

7. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

LoL - that's why he is always "going," to run from that baby bear! :lmao:

8. xApril

xApril DIS Veteran

You can sometimes catch Ricky with Lucy. :)

9. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Yep! I'm missing Ricky, Doc Brown, Jimmy Neutron, Jake Blues, Dr. Doom, and there's one more.... but I can't think of it at the moment.

10. truck1

truck1 Growing older but not up.

The site looks good.

Just a suggestion, but you could add Beetlejuice and the cast, as they do photops after 1 or 2 shows. Bj, and the Fear Leaders are on 1 side of the stage, and Drac,Franky,Wolfman,the Bride are on the other. They also do autographs at the same time.

11. xApril

xApril DIS Veteran

They actually only do this when they have less shows. The past few weeks they've had 4 shows and no meet and greets.

This week, they just dropped down to 3 shows a day and I just found out that they are only doing 1 meet and greet and that's after the first show at 12:30.

When it goes down to 2 shows a day, they have two meet and greets.

12. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Ooo - very good info. I'm heading back to Universal this weekend and will try to catch them!

Thank you!

13. truck1

Thanks.
    I dont remember his name, but the older greeter that dances to Wake me up, was telling us about the meet and greets.We were there once when they did it, and missed it I dont know how many times. He wasnt sure if they were doing the meet and greets after a certain show schedule. He was supposed to find out for us about that. We never had a chance to go back and talk to him. The last few tmes we were there, we didnt see him.
    Its prob our favorite show over there.Especially with certan people as certain characters.

14. mom2aandj

mom2aandj DIS Veteran

great site---I too had no idea the Minions were out. Hopefully they will still be there in October, my kids love the minions!!

15. lucas43068

lucas43068 Mouseketeer

i love your character sites, you look like you have a blast!
    do US characters do autographs as well? if i took my lil girl there unprepared she wouldnt let me hear the end of it!

16. truck1

Im pretty sure that some if not all do. I know the Monsters will when they do there phot op.

17. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Since I do not collect autographs I cannot say this with certainty... but I think....

The minion does not sign.

Pretty sure Spongebob, Alex, the Penguins, and the Mummy stilt walkers do not sign.

I do not remember Green Goblin signing either - he didn't have a line it was like a crazy free for all.

I'm not sure about any of the WWoHP characters, I'd assume the Triwizard students don't, same with Ollivander and the Conductor.

Shrek and Donkey had a single stamp and then Fiona signed for herself.

18. ana_carol

ana_carol Mouseketeer

Sponge Bob, Alex and the penguins stamp.

I remembered another character Isis from Mummy, we caught her in front of the Mummy Ride and she signs autographs

Oh and we also saw Doc Brown, riding his bike inthe street in front of the Shrek ride

Can i correct something? I believe its Diego and not Diago

19. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Thank you - I must admit I know nothing about most of these characters, so I can use all the help you guys have! :lmao:

20. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

We saw Doc Brown too.

Didn't they discontinue Dr Doom?

21. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

The announcement they made for the heros said we have to keep our eyes open for the Green Goblin and Dr. Doom. However, I did not see Doom either of the times I went. He's my last character at IOA, so I'll be asking around during my next visit (Saturday).