Unity Candle help please!

tmli

Wants to be known as tmlh....
WARNING---Dumb questions to follow!!!!

We have decided to include a unity candle in our ceremony. DS, Df and I will all participate. I am wondering if the 3 taper candles are lit prior to ceremony starting and then we together light the pillar?

Also I am having trouble finding what I want....has anyone made there own? Not the candle ( I am the least crafty person in the world!!) but a saying to go on the candle? Is there special paper available to do this on?

Hi Tracey,

First of all - totally not dumb questions at all. DF and I just ordered our unity candle last weekend and I asked the same thing. I think the answer to your "when do they get lit" question is it depends. In our service, they are unlit until a certain point in the ceremony when our minister asks our moms to come forward and light their tapers. Then we take those tapers and light the unity candle. In other services, I've heard the moms light their tapers before they sit down (during the processional).

Other than that - I don't think they would be very hard to make. The place we ordered ours from let us personalize pretty much whatever we wanted on it.

HTH! Good luck and best wishes!

Usually each mother lights the tapers. ( this is what I have seen) then the bride take one and the groom takes one and they light the big one in the middle.

I have added stick on crystals to candles to make Mickey heads. You could do something like that. Or I have noticed alot of them on ebay. Do a search and get some ideas?

Disney floral sell a beautiful candle with swarovski mickey heads on it. I think I paid $50 for mine. I brought it home and it looks beautiful in my window.
I will light it again on each anniversary. I may have a piccie somewhere....

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am wondering if the minister is calling up the mom's to light the candles if he could call my dad up as well to light my son's. Then the three of us will light the unity?

pdb....do you have to be careful of what type of crystals to avoid a fire??:scared1:

Janine....is that a pillar style candle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter