Unique Room Service Deliveries

My DD loves fresh fruit, especially strawberries. We would get a bowl of fruit that came with the cheese tray from room service but there were never any strawberries. She couldn't find them in in fruit in the buffets or anywhere else either. On our last night when we ordered the cheese tray DH asked if they had any strawberries and sure enough they brought down 2 big bowls of strawberries (not chocolate covered) for DD! Wish we'd asked on the previous nights!

Buffalo wings, interesting. Are they any good? Do they come with ranch dressing and celery sticks? How many can you order at once?

Buffalo wings, interesting. Are they any good? Do they come with ranch dressing and celery sticks? How many can you order at once?

Not nearly as good as Buffalo Wild Wings, but still good. Yes it comes with a salad(ranch and cdlery).

If get cookies, do they warm or have to request?

We had to request that the cookies be warmed, but they will honor the request. Same with the donuts, I just asked for a quick 15 second hop in the microwave. Makes KK donuts extra tasty!!

I believe they are Krispy Kreme as long as the home port has a Krispy Kreme location there. I think I read somewhere that due to logistics they use other vendors if the home port doesn't have one.

I will be on the Wonder next week out of Miami, so I will check them out on the Wonder.

I believe they are Krispy Kreme as long as the home port has a Krispy Kreme location there. I think I read somewhere that due to logistics they use other vendors if the home port doesn't have one.

I will be on the Wonder next week out of Miami, so I will check them out on the Wonder.

If the 'hot light' is not on don't waste the calories. Reheated day old donuts on the ship are sad

The chocolate iced have never been warm off the track when I've had them at the store. The chocolate iced ones on the ship tasted just like the ones from the store to me. And I've had a lot of them from the store and had a lot on the ship too.

ShelsGoingToDisney said:
My DD loves fresh fruit, especially strawberries. We would get a bowl of fruit that came with the cheese tray from room service but there were never any strawberries. She couldn't find them in in fruit in the buffets or anywhere else either. On our last night when we ordered the cheese tray DH asked if they had any strawberries and sure enough they brought down 2 big bowls of strawberries (not chocolate covered) for DD! Wish we'd asked on the previous nights!

I'll have to make sure to ask specifically for strawberries then next month. Last month, I was so disappointed to not find strawberries anywhere, except white chocolate covered in Palo (and I don't like those). Fruit from room service and in buffets mainly melon. I even brought individual packets of Nutella to have on my strawberries :-(. I'll definitely ask next month. THANKS!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The chocolate iced have never been warm off the track when I've had them at the store. The chocolate iced ones on the ship tasted just like the ones from the store to me. And I've had a lot of them from the store and had a lot on the ship too.

To my taste buds the one on the ship tasted like stale donuts. Like the ones they sell at my grocery store YUCK

Dairy or allergy dessert items (cookies)

Although it was an order today for delivery tomorrow. On the Magic anyway.

Can you expand on this please? What type of items did they have? My DD has a dairy/egg/nut allergy and we always have trouble finding things for her to eat outside of the dining room.

Can you expand on this please? What type of items did they have? My DD has a dairy/egg/nut allergy and we always have trouble finding things for her to eat outside of the dining room.

For the breakfast menu they have sweet rolls (donuts,bagels), cereal, milk, juice, fruit, coffee, tea, etc. You can also order off the regular room service menu and many people order BLT or PBJ.

Nancy

It is definitely KK in Miami- my daughter had 1 every day for 9 days and when we disembarked we saw the pallet of KK boxes waiting to be loaded on!

I called up and asked for dairy/allergy free cookies. They said it couldn't be done. I waited ten and called back (different castmember). They said sure they could do allergy free dessert items (they couldn't promise me any specific item, but could promise it would be entirely dairy free) but for scheduled delivery the following day.
We ended up with a graham style shortbread cookie with coconut based whip and strawberries with a glaze. Kinda shortcake, kinda cookie. They gave us enough for all four of us.
Also our head server was willing to let us preorder/request dining delivered to our room if we wanted to skip the main dining.

I called up and asked for dairy/allergy free cookies. They said it couldn't be done. I waited ten and called back (different castmember). They said sure they could do allergy free dessert items (they couldn't promise me any specific item, but could promise it would be entirely dairy free) but for scheduled delivery the following day.
We ended up with a graham style shortbread cookie with coconut based whip and strawberries with a glaze. Kinda shortcake, kinda cookie. They gave us enough for all four of us.
Also our head server was willing to let us preorder/request dining delivered to our room if we wanted to skip the main dining.

Thanks for this. I'll try and see if they'll make this for DD. We'll be on the Magic very soon :cool1: I had no idea that they had coconut based whipped cream...that sounds like a great dairy alternative.

Did you call ahead of your cruise or just request once on the ship?

For the breakfast menu they have sweet rolls (donuts,bagels), cereal, milk, juice, fruit, coffee, tea, etc. You can also order off the regular room service menu and many people order BLT or PBJ.

Nancy

Um, donuts have egg, BLT (w/mayo) has egg, sweet rolls usually have some type of casein in it, and obviously PBJ has peanuts so that won't work for us. Maybe you were responding to someone else :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter