Unique Room Service Deliveries

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MDennis28, Apr 14, 2013.

1. ShelsGoingToDisney

ShelsGoingToDisney DIS Veteran

My DD loves fresh fruit, especially strawberries. We would get a bowl of fruit that came with the cheese tray from room service but there were never any strawberries. She couldn't find them in in fruit in the buffets or anywhere else either. On our last night when we ordered the cheese tray DH asked if they had any strawberries and sure enough they brought down 2 big bowls of strawberries (not chocolate covered) for DD! Wish we'd asked on the previous nights!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MDennis28

MDennis28 Mouseketeer

Buffalo wings, interesting. Are they any good? Do they come with ranch dressing and celery sticks? How many can you order at once?

4. TheWalsh

TheWalsh Earning My Ears

Not nearly as good as Buffalo Wild Wings, but still good. Yes it comes with a salad(ranch and cdlery).

5. calismic

calismic Mouseketeer

We had to request that the cookies be warmed, but they will honor the request. Same with the donuts, I just asked for a quick 15 second hop in the microwave. Makes KK donuts extra tasty!!

6. 1153rsmith

1153rsmith DIS Veteran

I believe they are Krispy Kreme as long as the home port has a Krispy Kreme location there. I think I read somewhere that due to logistics they use other vendors if the home port doesn't have one.

I will be on the Wonder next week out of Miami, so I will check them out on the Wonder.

7. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

If the 'hot light' is not on don't waste the calories. Reheated day old donuts on the ship are sad

8. Snurk71

Snurk71 DIS Veteran

The chocolate iced have never been warm off the track when I've had them at the store. The chocolate iced ones on the ship tasted just like the ones from the store to me. And I've had a lot of them from the store and had a lot on the ship too.

9. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

I'll have to make sure to ask specifically for strawberries then next month. Last month, I was so disappointed to not find strawberries anywhere, except white chocolate covered in Palo (and I don't like those). Fruit from room service and in buffets mainly melon. I even brought individual packets of Nutella to have on my strawberries :-(. I'll definitely ask next month. THANKS!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. OrangeCountyCommuter

To my taste buds the one on the ship tasted like stale donuts. Like the ones they sell at my grocery store YUCK

11. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Can you expand on this please? What type of items did they have? My DD has a dairy/egg/nut allergy and we always have trouble finding things for her to eat outside of the dining room.

12. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

I was told that it's Krispy Kreme, and it tastes like that because they have been in fact, frozen. Not sure if that is true.

13. OrangeCountyCommuter

I live in the heart of Krispy Kreme country. They should NOT taste like that

14. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

For the breakfast menu they have sweet rolls (donuts,bagels), cereal, milk, juice, fruit, coffee, tea, etc. You can also order off the regular room service menu and many people order BLT or PBJ.

Nancy

15. moomy-san

moomy-san I'd rather be in O'Gills.

It is definitely KK in Miami- my daughter had 1 every day for 9 days and when we disembarked we saw the pallet of KK boxes waiting to be loaded on!

16. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

I called up and asked for dairy/allergy free cookies. They said it couldn't be done. I waited ten and called back (different castmember). They said sure they could do allergy free dessert items (they couldn't promise me any specific item, but could promise it would be entirely dairy free) but for scheduled delivery the following day.
    We ended up with a graham style shortbread cookie with coconut based whip and strawberries with a glaze. Kinda shortcake, kinda cookie. They gave us enough for all four of us.
    Also our head server was willing to let us preorder/request dining delivered to our room if we wanted to skip the main dining.

17. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Thanks for this. I'll try and see if they'll make this for DD. We'll be on the Magic very soon :cool1: I had no idea that they had coconut based whipped cream...that sounds like a great dairy alternative.

18. jmarsh

jmarsh Mouseketeer

Did you call ahead of your cruise or just request once on the ship?

19. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Um, donuts have egg, BLT (w/mayo) has egg, sweet rolls usually have some type of casein in it, and obviously PBJ has peanuts so that won't work for us. Maybe you were responding to someone else :confused3