Unique drinks at Disney?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by blinkangel44, Jan 30, 2013.

1. blinkangel44

blinkangel44 Mouseketeer

My friends and I are headed to Disney for spring break in a month. First time for any of us going as 21+-year-olds! So we're excited to explore "a whole new World" this time around :upsidedow

I've been putting a lot of time into researching the 21+ side of Disney. We're only planning to do a couple of days in the parks. We're staying at Saratoga Springs (with a friends' parents' DVC points :goodvibes), planning to go to Downtown Disney a lot, spend a lot of time poolside, visit the Boardwalk, and hopefully check out a few different resorts (probably do the "monorail crawl").

So I come to you to ask: What are the unique, must-try drinks at Disney? Please add to and comment on my list!

EPCOT
    Margaritas (all the flavors haha... I've heard recommendations for midnight blue, blood orange, pineapple, as well as jalapeno and avocado) @ La Cava de Tequila [I hear that the to-go plastic cups are actually bigger servings than the glasses?]
    Sultan's Colada @ Morocco kiosk (can't seem to find any info about this)
    English Rose @ Rose and Crown Pub
    Grey Goose and Grand Marnier slushes @ France pavilion
    Snakebite @ UK pavilion

Hollywood Studios
    Dad's Electric Lemonade @ Tune-In Lounge
    Southern Hurricane @ High Octane Refreshments
    Picnic Punch @ 50's Primetime Cafe (or is it @ Tune-In Lounge?)

Animal Kingdom
    Yak Attack @ Yak and Yeti
    Lost on Safari @ Dawa

Resorts
    Lapu Lapu @ Polynesian
    Backscratcher @ Poly
    Victoria Falls Mist @ AKL
    Magical Star Cocktail and Raspberry Rain @ most lounges, specifically at Grand Floridian

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

There's an article on another website www.easywdw.com entitled "Drinking Around the World". Might be worth a look if you haven't already seen it. I think it focuses on what is available at each country in Epcot and gives the writer's reviews on some of the drinks.

4. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

5. IllinoisMommy

IllinoisMommy Mouseketeer

The Yak Attack was awesome :thumbsup2 I really wanted to try a Lapu Lapu...next trip, I guess.

6. Jeanieblue114

Jeanieblue114 DIS Veteran

passionfruit mango margarita at la cava is pretty darn yum and yeah the to go cups are bigger.

I just tried Kouzzina at the Boardwalk Resort.
    Ouzo-tini. Martini made with ouzo. Only place you can get one.
    It's very strong and very black licorice flavored from the ouzo.
    It tasted like a candy shop.
    They have a few other unique cocktails.
    Go in and get some appetizers like the grilled pita and dips and enjoy.
    Oh and the cocktails were only like 8 bucks.
    la cava margarita is like 13

7. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

Stop in at the lounge at Todd English's bluezoo at the Dolphin. They have an extensive list of specialty drinks from their award-winning bartenders. It changes often, so it's difficult to recommend one particular thing, but trust that you'll be able to find many delicious drinks there.

Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk is must-do nighttime entertainment. Their nightly specials are usually good but much stronger than they taste. I also like their signature cocktails that are named after songs, like the Blue Suede Shoes and the Sweet Emotion. The latter is a rum-cranberry concoction that I love almost as much as the dueling piano entertainers there.

My favorite drink inside a park is the Italian Margherita at the kiosk in the Italy pavilion in Epcot. People will tell you to get a slush drink from France, but this is the one you want. It's a refreshing blend of grappa, limoncello and lime juice.

8. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

I love peachtree punch at Brown Derby DHS :)

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

the bar at The Wave is a good place for cocktails. Ask to see the cocktails listed on the restaurant menu as well as the standard bar menu.

I'm also of the opinion that the slush drinks in WS France are overrated, but I prefer La Cava del Tequila to most anything else in Epcot.

10. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

I'm a guy who doesn't much care for sweet drinks: Gimme beer or a martini and I'm good to go. That said, the Grey Goose & Gran Marnier slush at the France pavilion ROCKED. Dee-licious:)