Unghh, got my 60 day email. From bad to worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try and give an unbiased opinion comparing the FB- ( original right.) and FB +.

I think we would be a good example and unbiased as yes we love WDW dont dont have a long history and emotional thing on howm"Walt" wpuld have seen it. As many postets right.

We are a family of 4. myself, my mom ( first time DH went then he said one time is enough so now my mom goes) and 2 kids 7 and 8.

We also go in September so the crowds are good the weather is hot so 30 min. May feel like 60:).

Last year we were lucky to be one of first group of testers last Fall. We struck gold as we had the MB FPs but they still gave us KTTW cards and we got the paper ones too, and lower lines, so we basically struck gold.

My thoughts on FP -:

In a way I found them stressful in the fact either I was doing something wrong or it was so, but I found myself constantly looking at the clocks ( return time,s etc. ) or . When can I get another one, when is my return slot. Why cant I get another FP! Oh wait I need to wait until this time, ok I have a half an hr to kill, but let's not go over there as we have to come back here. With 2 kids, my mom in her 60s, the heat, me being the FP runner, I was sweaty and exhausted.

After all this, MAYBE if we were lucky the return time was not in a window where we had an ADR. Alot of FPs we didnt use as the return times didnt work for us.

Now on the good side, you COULD get more than 3 a day in more than one park. Dependent of course on how early you were as some rides, TSM, were gone before noon ( even the week after labormday when we go, with stby still 60 min!!)

FP+ is good in that if one is a planner (ADRs, non hopper dedicated park per day) FP + is good that you can plan rides, events, parades and ADRs out. Plus no paper things to lose.

Besides the techincal glitches, I find the only downside to fP+ would be for those early birds who not only caught the worms, but ate them all before later arrivals came.

My wife and I (both former Florida residents) decided we are going to cancel this trip.

We are selecting a cruise for the same week now, the plus side is we are going to save a boatload (pun intended) of money for a 7 or 8 day cruise as opposed to the 9 days in WDW we had planned.

Unless WDW fixes this mess, I'll probably cancel the BounceBack for a week at the Poly we booked while we were at Contemporary in September. We've still got about four and half months before the 45 day mark on that trip.

I think you will be happy you cancelled and went with a vacation more to your liking. :)

I hope you have a fantastic, stress-free cruise! :beach:

And I'm tired of people that have criticisms of the FP+ system being labeled "negative, nothing but complainers, Debbie Downers, etc". I'm also tired of the attitude that because someone didn't enjoy the FP+ experience, they are somehow wrong.

Someone who didn't enjoy or appreciate FP+ isn't the same as someone who expects or predicts they won't like it without trying it.

Someone who didn't enjoy or appreciate FP+ isn't the same as someone who expects or predicts they won't like it without trying it.

This has been discussed ad nauseum, but I'll bite.

It is easy for one to look at the facts of FP+ and know they won't like the new system without having to waste thousands of dollars trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter