• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unexpected Trip in February--What to Do?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
Just back from a great WDW trip, and DH just found out he will be going to Orlando in Feb. for a conference. We are thinking of going down a few days early (over Valentine's weekend). I've already checked, and there are standard studios still available at AKV. We would probably just hang out at the resort and maybe go to Cirque Saturday night since we've never been. What I'm wondering is what to do during the days when he is in meetings (Monday-Wednesday). I would love to go into a couple of parks, but after paying for my airfare and the Cirque tickets, I don't think I can swing the $175 it would cost for a 2-day ticket. I wish they were doing the GAD vouchers again next year. Then it would be more feasible. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for savings on tickets, or any other activities that would be fun. I know there is DTD, but I'm not a shopper. It will be too cool outside to pool hop. Any ideas?

hmmm, that's a tough one. Feb might have some nice sunny days but probably not pool weather. AKL is a really nice place to just relax, do some people watching, reading, hanging out with the animals. You could also go and tour the other resorts, I have always wanted to just go and walk around Poly, for instance- never stayed there or the GF. Spa treatments are always nice but alas, expensive! Have a wonderful time!

I know in the afternoons at AVK they have a couple of tours to do- there is one at Kidani about the artwork and both Kidani and Jambo have culinary tours in the restaurants- they start at 3 and 4 pm. You could also go and check out DTD- or maybe swing a ticket to WWOS and check that out (i think a day ticket is less than $15).

Spend a day shopping in DTD and have a nice lunch. Does DTD have a movie theater? You could also go check out the hotels you haven't been to. How about the spa at SSR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter