Underwhelmed

Rebekkap

Australian Mouseketeer!
Visited Tokyo Disneyland for the first time today, according to the crowd calendar one of the lowest crowd days of the year, and I've got to say, I'm underwhelmed. The wait times were unbelievable - Pooh's Hunny Hunt was cute, but not worth the hour and a half wait really, I like the Monsters Inc ride at DCA better, and the park lacked theatmosphere of the other Disney parks. I'm really hoping Disneysea is amazing as everyone says! We are going tomorrow.

Don't go to any Disney Tokyo park on a weekend.

We went to Disney Sea for a few hours in mid December, when crowd levels were predicted to be pretty high. The park was supposed to open at 10 am, but we got there about 9:15 and it was already open. There was a 70 minute wait at Indiana Jones already, but my husband and I went in the single rider line and walked right on! I do not like crowds at all, but found the crowd level fairly low, definitely much lower than predicted at least for the part of the day we were in the park.

Have fun.

Don't go to any Disney Tokyo park on a weekend.

We went to Disney Sea for a few hours in mid December, when crowd levels were predicted to be pretty high. The park was supposed to open at 10 am, but we got there about 9:15 and it was already open. There was a 70 minute wait at Indiana Jones already, but my husband and I went in the single rider line and walked right on! I do not like crowds at all, but found the crowd level fairly low, definitely much lower than predicted at least for the part of the day we were in the park.

Have fun.

Yesterday was Wednesday - definitely non-weekend! Pleased to report though that Disneysea was truly amazing - more than made up of the underwhelming Disneyland!

Indiana Jones sadly was not open, but rode Journey to the Centre of the Earth three times - one of the best rides I've ever done. Loved 20,000 Leagues under the Sea too, which was a walk on most of the day. But just the theming of the whole place was amazing and beautiful. I could have spent a week just walking around checking it all out! I'll be back to do it in more detail, I just won't bother with a Disneyland. I'm thinking a three day pass for Disney Sea, staying at the on-site hotel, would be just about perfect!

Yesterday was Wednesday - definitely non-weekend! Pleased to report though that Disneysea was truly amazing - more than made up of the underwhelming Disneyland!

Indiana Jones sadly was not open, but rode Journey to the Centre of the Earth three times - one of the best rides I've ever done. Loved 20,000 Leagues under the Sea too, which was a walk on most of the day. But just the theming of the whole place was amazing and beautiful. I could have spent a week just walking around checking it all out! I'll be back to do it in more detail, I just won't bother with a Disneyland. I'm thinking a three day pass for Disney Sea, staying at the on-site hotel, would be just about perfect!

I think we were all patiently waiting for this post regarding DisneySea. I have yet to hear a single person who was disappointed in DisneySea. It's the most amazing theme park I've ever been in by about a million miles. Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks all for the responses :)

Disneysea really was awesome - I don't think I would ever bother going back to Tokyo Disneyland (ok maybe if they put some extremely cool new ride in that wasn't anywhere else...) but I can't wait to go back to Disneysea. The theming was definitely the most amazing of any Disney park (I've been to them all now!) and while Disneyland in California is still my overall favourite, Disneysea would be a very close second. Planning another trip for 2016 (I might try to do an epic five Disneys in one round the world trip!)

Thanks all for the responses :)

Disneysea really was awesome - I don't think I would ever bother going back to Tokyo Disneyland (ok maybe if they put some extremely cool new ride in that wasn't anywhere else...)

I agree with you. I don't understand the love Tokyo Disneyland park receives. I believe it to be the most unattractive of all magic kingdoms world wide. I find it oppressive and industrial. No magic there.

That's too bad; Indiana Jones is a bit different from the ride in Disneyland and is, of course, in Japanese.

Journey to the Center of the Earth is definitely a unique and fun ride.

I'm glad you liked DisneySea!
Did you get to ride Tower of Terror?
It has extra drops and special effects for the next few months :D

We absolutely loved both parks. Granted Disneyland Tokyo wasn't that far off from Magic Kingdom at WDW but the CMs, cleanliness and efficiency were way beyond what we experience at WDW. Additionally I thought Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Monsters Ride and Go Seek were both awesome. We were there in June and expected major crowds but never waited longer than about 30-40 minutes... We hit the big rides at rope drop and got a FP for later in the day.
Glad to hear you liked Disney Sea. We thought it was amazing. The theming was unbelievable! :goodvibes

We were there last month and totally agree with everyone that DisneySea is just unbelievable! We were there Dec. 28th so insanely busy but still enjoyed our visit. We did Tokyo Disneyland the next day and then back to DisneySea on the 30th. Had read about the popcorn lines but was still amazed at the length of them when we were there. Of course I couldn't leave without a couple of popcorn buckets of my own! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter