Underdog and Sweet Polly on the Magic..Plumpies for a Porthole..No insurance needed

Dyerneeds

chics dig the scar
Finally getting around to sharing our Magic cruise trip report. I enjoyed writing reports from our previous cruises (Konked Kruisers and B.O.B.) (see links) and now its time to tell of our adventures of our 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise.:wizard:Cast of characters includes myself AKA Underdog and my lovely bride of 36 years Robin AKA dis name Tart Annihilator or as i like to call her "Sweet Polly".:bride: This would be our 7th Disney cruise.

waiting at the airport in Akron.
DSC01086.jpg

Also joining us were several great friends we've met on previous cruises and trips, Chuck and Nancy from WI, Heather and her neice Wendy from the UK, Becky, Sean and Sarah for CA, Kathy from NJ as well as many more "new characters we met on our Dis "Parley" cruise thread.:grouphug:
e305eae4-5aaf-44aa-9ca2-90f82bf7fa35_0388.jpg

Early on during the booking process we had to decide between whether to cruise the Magic again or do B2B (a 3 nt and a 4 nt) Disney Dream cruises like several of our previous cruisemates had decided to do.:3dglasses While we understood the novelty of the new ship was intriguing, for us the choice was easy as the Magic will always hold a special place in our hearts. We've made many lifelong friends on that ship and couldnt pass up the chance to sail on her once again. :sail:
I'm sure if we still had kids of age, the Aqua Duck would have altered our decision.:rotfl: Also in the mix was the B2B would include 2 different stops at Nassau..We've been there before and really had no desire to go back. But thats just us. There is no right or wrong choice..Disney Cruise Line is all we've known so far and we're not ready to "test the waters" elsewhere at this time...so "bring on the Magic" !!
As Dr. Doofenshmirtz would say, "back story" done.popcorn::

Now Robin had delegated just 2 jobs for me in advance of our sailing. One was i buy an extra power strip for use on the ship. (which i forgot about by the way.;)), but more importantly that i purchase the trip insurance. While i've never been a fan of purchasing the trip insurance ( to me they're selling fear;)), but i totally understand the need for it because i myself have had 2 heart surgeries in the past so you never know what might happen and its best to be safe.:upsidedow
Well we had just taken a WDW family vacation about 3 1/2 months prior to this cruise and it was my intention to check on cruise trip insurance as soon as we got back from that trip..(We'd still be within the 90 period that you're still able purchase insurance). But after getting back from WDW i just kind of forgot about it.:rolleyes1:guilty: So as the time got closer to cruise, i just ignored the situation hoping Robin wouldnt mention it.popcorn::
Sure enough , the day before we left she says to me, "wheres the paperwork for the trip insurance?":scared: There must have been an unbelievable amount of panic on my face because she right away said "YOU DIDNT GET THE INSURANCE??".:upsidedow
I tried to turn it into a running joke all week on the cruise.."see? now we have extra money to buy stuff".:rotfl: "we dont need no stinking trip insurance".:rotfl: But it was a sensitive subject and i'll wager i wont be in charge of that detail for any future cruises.:rolleyes1

THURSDAY

The stage is set!:goodvibes Time to go on vacation! Robin had worked extra hrs for a week so that she could get an extra day off and we could fly out Thursday. Plane left Akron at 4 pm and the plan was to get to Florida in time and head to Epcot for Illuminations. (one of our favs):hug:
The plane landed at 6:25 and we headed to the Disney Magical Express station..On all our previous trips we've always nabbed a bus right away but we must have just missed one this time because we actually had to wait 35 minutes before we got going. Any other time we wouldnt have cared, but we had places to be so we started clock watching bigtime!popcorn::
Of couse the driver HAD to stop at all 3 All Star resorts before our stop at Aminal kingdom Lodge. By the time we got there, we didnt take the time to check in...just took our carryons with us and hit the 1st bus to Epcot.:wizard:
As luck would have it, by the time we got to Epcot, we had about 2 minutes to spare before Illumination started.:wizard: Way too much stress for a vacation that just started but it was worth it! Didnt get back to the hotel and get checked in till after 11..

DSC01090.jpg

FRIDAY

Awake at 6:15 for a food court bfast then Chuck and Nancy picked us up in their rental car and we headed to Epcot for a day of fun! It had been previously planned that we'd meet up with several other cruisers and also a couple who we previously cruised with who recently moved to Fl.:grouphug:

c6f7715d-5fdb-42d2-94ac-4e2ad9b91270_0399.jpg

always a lot of silliness when lucy and ethyl get together.:rotfl:
d3ad6275-1d85-40e1-8f48-e592a12a46ba_0381.jpg

e4060721-13de-4aee-8c1d-9eebf0a0a36a_0394.jpg

If only Robin had that hat later in the trip..it may have helped her land that French officer.:eek:
DSC07345.jpg

Kathy loves her some Minnie as Big red!! (dont we all?:lovestruc)
DSC07342.jpg

Kaki Gori's!! an Epcot tradition!!

DSC07346.jpg

We had a very fun and relaxing day at Epcot.:wizard: More relaxing for some people than others as Chuck fell asleep during American Adventure.popcorn::. Underdog and Sweet Polly sure know how to show folks a good time eh?:rotfl:

Robin and i mooched a ride in Chuck and Nancys rental car and we headed over to Port Canaveral around 6 or so. We checked into the Radisson and relaxed by the pool for a little while before heading to bed early in anticipation of our impending 4:15 wakeup call to "Welcome Back the Magic".

Yay another trip report from the Dawg :cool1::thumbsup2:banana::dance3:

About time!

:rolleyes1

Gonna go read it now :goodvibes

Woo hoo! Great start! (Just finished our TR, too.) Since we didn't make it to the 'Men of Parley' photo shoot, I'm looking forward to reading about it here. popcorn::

Hahaha, I don't blame him! Good place for a nap ;) :goodvibes

But thats an Epcot fav of ours! maybe because we're American eh?;)

We kept hearing from Chuck and Nancy that in all the times they've been to Disney, they never saw American Adventure, so we made sure we took them there!!popcorn:: (Chuck still hasnt seen it.:rotfl:)

Woo hoo! Great start! (Just finished our TR, too.) Since we didn't make it to the 'Men of Parley' photo shoot, I'm looking forward to reading about it here. popcorn::

the "Men of the Parley" photo shoot eh? ;):cool2: will those pictures get past the censors?:3dglassespopcorn:: (i'm kidding)

SATURDAY!! CRUISE DAY!!

Its become a tradition of ours to wake up early on cruise day and camp out near Grills for the return of the Magic.:wizard: We knew she usually rolls in around 5 or 5:30 so we made sure we got up early. Its very peacful (and romantic :rolleyes1) so you know i'm not going to pass up a chance to make Robin "melt like butter" in my arms.;)popcorn::

AMMagic.jpg

and a little video.:3dglasses (click on the picture)

9002b38f-1695-4ed5-990f-18df21712796_0319.jpg

After breakfast at Grills (raisin bread french toast!) we headed back to the Radisson, checked out ,dropped off the rental car and took the shuttle over to the terminal.:dance3:

It is time!!(click on the picture)

we were inside the terminal around 10 so plenty of time to chill and soak up all the atmosphere! :sail:
DSC07384.jpg

26e7005d-7a21-4382-8c45-2d86ea82cf1f_0335.jpg

DSC07385.jpg

DSC07390.jpg

couldnt wait to wear my traditional cruise day Jessica Rabbit shirt.:thumbsup2and my new Platinum lanyard.:thumbsup2
DSC07394.jpg

Well if 1 Jessica Rabbit shirt is cool..2 has got to be 2 times the cool!:cool2::cool2:
my long lost brother!:rotfl:
DSC07397.jpg

the girls are ready! with the #3 boarding pass!:thumbsup2
0d0622b2-c000-4fd7-a4d8-dda122eb052d_0346.jpg

earway to Heaven!
DSC07393.jpg

1f3560d6-8836-4a33-88eb-134bce2e93b8_0339.jpg

This would be the 3rd time we've cruised with Chuck and Nancy and for the life of me i never knew their last name was Shoemaker!:rotfl:
click the picture for video.:3dglasses

84bdfcf0-cf71-4edd-925c-73688fa6bf20_0348.jpg

Whooo hoooo.....a Parley Trippie!!!!

Mike, Can't wait to relive one of our best cruises! :love: You guys made it a ton of fun. :thumbsup2

Couple questions though.....what does :sail: mean? :-)stir:). And I'm not understanding the Plumpie thing either. Please explain in great detail. :goodvibes

This would be the 3rd time we've cruised with Chuck and Nancy and for the life of me i never knew their last name was Shoemaker!:rotfl:
click the picture for video.:3dglasses

Just a little fun, compliments of "Dirty Dancing" ;)

But thats an Epcot fav of ours! maybe because we're American eh?;)

We kept hearing from Chuck and Nancy that in all the times they've been to Disney, they never saw American Adventure, so we made sure we took them there!!popcorn:: (Chuck still hasnt seen it.:rotfl:)

I like the show too (eh!) but it's nice and dark with A/C for a long time...good napping conditions :teeth:

we were inside the terminal around 10 so plenty of time to chill and soak up all the atmosphere!

They let you in at 10am??? Wow! :thumbsup2

:sail:and my new Platinum lanyard.:thumbsup2

Were they out of Gold lanyards or did you charm your way into giving you a Platinum one? :rolleyes1

This would be the 3rd time we've cruised with Chuck and Nancy and for the life of me i never knew their last name was Shoemaker!

BAHAHAHAH! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Just a little fun, compliments of "Dirty Dancing" ;)

Did you steal wallets and purses on this cruise? :rolleyes: :lmao:

Okay, can I just say how much I missed being on this cruise with you guys!!! :sad1::sad2::(:worried:

Did you steal wallets and purses on this cruise? :rolleyes: :lmao:

Well, I guess can't hurt to tell the truth now anymore. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Okay, can I just say how much I missed being on this cruise with you guys!!! :sad1::sad2::(:worried:

Feelings mutual my dear. :grouphug: Keep thinking....2013, 2013, 2013.

They let you in at 10am??? Wow! :thumbsup2

Were they out of Gold lanyards or did you charm your way into giving you a Platinum one? :rolleyes1

yep..Robin sweet talked her way into getting us in the terminal.:cutie:

I used my "boyish charms" to get a Platinum lanyard..(i showed the girl at the counter my scar.pirate:
It was funny, later in the cruise a Castmember in the gift shop said "i see you are Platinum..how many cruises?" i said 7...she said 'is not possible"...then Robin added...."he cheats".:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter