Under the Dome...Coming in June

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by MIGrandma, Apr 3, 2013.

1. MIGrandma

MIGrandma Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.

Who else is excited for this 13-week TV series coming in June?

Ever since I read the book I thought it would make a great movie or mini-series, so I'm really anxious to see it! It looks like it will be great!! :dance3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shoney

shoney DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 I'm reading the book now, while DH is listening to it on CD ( he has a long commute)

So far so good and look forward to the TV show!

We just did the same thing with 11-22-63, that would also make a good mini series!

4. happygirl

happygirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 We are looking forward to it

5. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

Loved the book! Can't wait to see it. :goodvibes

6. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

I'm reading it right now and I admit that I don't really like it. I'd much rather see 11/22/63 made into a movie.

7. Mickey Fliers

Mickey Fliers (Not so)Tagless<br><font color=blue>"Sometimes you

Didn't they already make this movie? Oh yeah, they called it The Simpsons.

;)

I did enjoy the book, however.

8. penn19

penn19 DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: that was my first thought!

9. shoney

shoney DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: when my kids saw me reading the book they both said that was on the Simpson's Mom...I must have missed that one...and I can enjoy the Simpsons!

10. ShelsGoingToDisney

ShelsGoingToDisney DIS Veteran

I'm almost done reading the book now. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the series. However I am not thrilled with the casting. From what I have seen online the people they cast for some roles are not at all what I have pictured in my mind.

Biggest disappointment is Barbie. From the very beginning of the book I have thought he'd be great played by Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost). IMO The guy they picked seems too young and pretty looking to be Barbie.

I finished 11-22-63 before this book and I really liked that too. It has been years since I read a Stephen King book and it is nice to be back! :)

11. smidgy

smidgy dimples

subscrig, just incase

12. chiefmickeymouse

chiefmickeymouse Sarcastic, silly and socially awkward

I read the book and thought it was okay, not one of my favorite Stephen King books. Ditto the thoughts about the Simpsons, all I could thing was "Dome Sweet Dome" when I saw the commercial for the mini-series.

13. donaldlovesdaisy

donaldlovesdaisy DIS Veteran

I started the book and liked it OK but just could not finish it however I will watch the mini series.

14. jrmasm

jrmasm <font color=blue>Last time I checked, it was still

I'll probably watch it but with low expectations. I don't recall a mini series based on a Stephen King novel that didn't suck or have such terrible casting that I wanted the heroes to die.

15. Revan

Revan Mouseketeer

It is one of my least favorite books, but 11/22/63 on the other hand was great.

His miniseries are really hit or miss (mainly miss) - I thought the Stand was passable and should have been better based on the actors - but I think costs and not filming it to movie specs really made it less than it could have been. The Shining remake was horrible.

16. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

:rotfl2: So true

17. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 I am looking foreward to it!

18. MaryJ

MaryJ <font color=660099>Believes in Tag Gremlins, not T

I'm reading the book now, and must admit it seems to move really slow. I'm only 10% in on my Kindle; does it pick up eventually? I'm also having a tough time keeping all the characters straight. I feel like I need a score card!

As far as other Stephen King books that have been made into TV movies, I think they did a great job with The Stand. It was the first time I ever saw Gary Sinise and it remains one of my all time favorite TV movies/mini series.

19. SueInBoston

SueInBoston DIS Veteran

Same here....I definitely want to finish the book before the mini series comes on and hope that the series will tie up any loose ends for me.

20. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

I don't know if I'll watch or not. I liked the book, but didn't love it. The ending I thought was stupid. But King has a tendency to have that problem with his endings. I agree, it was rather slow, but the number of characters was crazy! That's why they give you a list to refer to, LOL, cuz you can't keep up with them!
    There is one small sick storyline that is not TV friendly, it will be interesting to see what they do with that.
    I will have to check out the casting, I haven't seen any of it yet.
    I liked the Stand, I thought they actually did a pretty good job with it.
    I liked IT too, until they go the last installment, then it was just junk.

21. MouseketeerMMC

MouseketeerMMC Earning My Ears

I was extremely excited about this new show until Mike Vogel was cast as the lead male! He can not carry a show, and was one of the big problems with why Pan Am failed.

I have not read the book, but from the reports it made it seem like his character was the lead.