Under- estimated restaurants

Okay, people...

can we all agree NOT to talk about great The Wave is?? Do you want it getting as popular as a certain Epcot restaurant with cheese soup that you have to get up at the crack of dawn to book exactly 180 days before your vacation? :rotfl2:

Seriously, The Wave is AWESOME. Not exactly a hidden gem anymore, but completely fantastic.

Is Tangierine Cafe considered a hidden gem? It is my favorite CS on property and never seems busy when I'm there.

I would have to go with Marrakesh. We always have a great meal there with fantastic service. It was one of the few places DD insisted on this trip and I have to agree. The servers are so attentive its almost too much lol... but better too much than too little. Oh and last trip DD got to give the staff a crash source on being diabetic and wearing an insulin pump. They were all very interested when they saw her test her blood sugar. It was very humorous and DD thought it was cool they asked her questions.
I may have to try The Wave this trip.. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Okay, people...

can we all agree NOT to talk about great The Wave is?? Do you want it getting as popular as a certain Epcot restaurant with cheese soup that you have to get up at the crack of dawn to book exactly 180 days before your vacation? :rotfl2:

Seriously, The Wave is AWESOME. Not exactly a hidden gem anymore, but completely fantastic.

Is Tangierine Cafe considered a hidden gem? It is my favorite CS on property and never seems busy when I'm there.

Guess it just depends on the phase of the moon, the time of year, or maybe somebody not showing up for their ADR, but my DD and DSIL went to that certain Epcot restaurant back in October about 1pm and were seated immediately. Go figure. :confused3

Okay, people...

Here's the difference between the Wave and that certain Epcot restaurant: The Wave lives up to the hype and expectations and the place in Epcot is way over-hyped, over rated, and is only as popular as it is because it's a 1TS restaurant on the DDP (just my opinion).

And I agree with you on the Tangierine Cafe, it is also my favorite cs in all of WDW property.

Yet another vote for the Wave - have eaten there 3 times (breakfast, lunch and dinner) now and I swear it is fabulous every time. I agree with the other poster . . .let's quit talking about it; don't want the word to get out!!!

All this talk about Grand Floridian Cafe is making me want to try it on this upcoming trip:thumbsup2

Goofy, you read my mind - while you were posting I was writing the below about the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club (years ago was called the "Yacht Club Galley.")

This is a wonderful respite for people looking for decent and reasonable table service in the hectic Yacht/Beach environment, where every other dining spot is over-subscribed due to the resort complex being "overbuilt" (facilities were designed to handle two hotels, not them AND a subsequently added DVC resort).

The Grille is overlooked by everyone staying at Beach and a large percentage of those staying at Yacht (which has a heavy conference clientele who generally are eating at catered sessions), so while ADRS are available walk-ups are surprisingly easy here. Menu is not exotic but everything is solid, breakfast offers an abundant buffet and lunch/dinners are a nice mix of (keeping with the New England theme) seafood as well "turf" offerings. Some of this stuff is very well done; the lobster roll available at lunch is actually comparable to what you'd find up in Maine!

5880.jpg

OMG, that lobster roll looks amazing!!! I've done Captain's grille for b-fast, but never lunch. I may have to try it next time!

I loved my time at Nine Dragons, and it is my favourite restaurant in 'the world'. But it hasn't been reviewed or talked about much, and I think the place is a hidden gem. Do you know of any other hidden treasures on property? Please post as I am always prepared to try the new!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't tell them about Nine Dragons or we won't be able to get in next time.

Move along, there is nothing to see here.... :rolleyes1

We really enjoyed our dinner at Shutters @ CBR. Very good food and terrific service.

T

...oh and let me just add that the Wave doesn't just have an amazing dinner, but have you tried it for breakfast?? It's hard to believe it's in the same resort as CM!! The Wave's breakfast is awesome and quick!! We were in and out of there in 35 minutes last time and we weren't even rushing and we had plenty of time to "enjoy" the food!:thumbsup2

I also agree with Captain's Grille. Even when it was YCG we loved going there for lunch, just wish they were opened a little later for lunch as I prefer their selections for lunch over the dinner selections.

I loved my time at Nine Dragons, and it is my favourite restaurant in 'the world'. But it hasn't been reviewed or talked about much, and I think the place is a hidden gem. Do you know of any other hidden treasures on property? Please post as I am always prepared to try the new!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Nine Dragons is one of my favorites, but I wish they would go back to the old family style dinner, where they would bring a sampling of all their entree's, then they would go back aand bring you more of what you wanted.

For lunch (dinner is good also), try Trails End at Fort Wilderness. It is a buffet & they usually have more than listed at lunch, some entree's are changed.

LUNCH
11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.

Guests ages 10 and over: $16.99; Child (3-9): $9.99
Soup and Salad Bar Only Available

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet includes:
Soup du Jour
Fried Chicken
Seasonable Vegetables
Chili
Mac & Cheese
Pulled Pork
Salad Bar
Sundae Bar
Assorted Desserts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DINNER
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 4:30 - 10 p.m.

Guests ages 10 and over: $20.99; Child (3-9): $11.99
Soup and Salad Bar Only Available

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet includes:
Soup of the day
Chili
Salad Bar
Peel-and-eat shrimp
Smoked Pork Ribs
Fried Chicken
Pasta
Pizza
Selection of Vegetables
Hand-Carved Roasted Meats
Fresh Catch of the day
Housemade Fruit Cobbler Non-alcoholic beverage included
Full service bar also available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ssst::ssst: For me, it's The Plaza. People on the dining plan tend to avoid it because they don't want to *waste* a TS credit on a sandwich....but we LOVE it. The food is excellent (love the hot, crispy steak fries) and the desserts are crazy good. I would spend my TS credit there a millions times over before wasting another one at Tony's.

Garden Grill is my favorite place to eat in the world. And I think of the characters as a added bonus.

Tangierine Cafe in Epcot has wonderful, filling food and a cute place to eat and relax. I really enjoyed the Backlot Express at DHS too. Oh, and our favorite TS by far was Biergarten.

I couldn't get any first choice ADRs for a late planned trip in Feb. I was trying to make them online and The Garden Grove at the Swan Hotel popped up as a suggestion. They have 3 alternating buffet themes--we were there for Mediterranean night and it was fabulous!! Fun dining room with a huge oak tree in the center with twinkling lights...and Goofy and Pluto were there too. Table side salad served, then you help yourself to the buffet. Good drinks too! I thought we were settling, but found a hidden gem (the place was never more than half full???). We walked around the boardwalk for a while afterward.

Boatwrights at POR! Best prime rib at WDW we have ever had, and for a very reasonable $$$. Better than at that the very popular epcot steak place in Canada for less than half the $$$. :rotfl2:

Also, Columbia Harbour house at MK, tip........eat upstairs for low crowds, and great views out the windows.

1 more...... the Yakitori house at Epcot, great if you want something quick, and very tasty, without the long waits like the other asian restaurants. Very reasonably priced too!

Syndrome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter