Unauthorized Characters Appearing Illegally??

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
Disney Finds Dozens Of Unauthorized Characters Appearing Illegally Inside Theme Park

From The Onion.

The Onion said:
ORLANDO, FL

Saying they were working diligently to address the problem, Walt Disney World officials acknowledged Wednesday that several dozen unauthorized characters, none of which have ever appeared in a Disney film or cartoon, had been found in recent weeks wandering throughout the theme park.

Company sources confirmed that at least 60 separate individuals in costumes, including various woodland creatures, several fairies, and what officials described as a walrus in a lab coat, have been spotted greeting visitors, hugging children, posing for pictures, and meandering into daily parades alongside sanctioned Disney characters...

While Disney officials reiterated that most fraudulent characters posed no threat, they singled out a possum with a cane and top hat as particularly troublesome, noting that the ornery character is often seen sitting on the Main Street, U.S.A. curb and is known to go by the names Portly Possum, Prickly Possum, Patty OPossum, Possum Pete, or Pop-Pop Possum.

There has never been a Disney film that has featured a possum, and we would like to make it abundantly clear to visitors that no licensed Disney character will ever chew tobacco or wear an orthopedic back brace on the job, said Aldridge, holding a photograph of the counterfeit character. And we urge you not to purchase the Possum-Time Hoedown DVD hes selling out of his backpack. Its really very bad.

BTW, "The Onion" is a humor publication on the Internet.

Disney Finds Dozens Of Unauthorized Characters Appearing Illegally Inside Theme Park

And you wonder how rumors get started around here. :stir:;)

Love seeing posts from our hometown newspaper...::yes::

The onion kept me awake in MANY lecture halls back in college.....ahh the memories

From The Onion.

LOL! I love the onion! More than that, I love watching people quote it without realizing its all fake. Hehehehehehehe

LOL! I love the onion! More than that, I love watching people quote it without realizing its all fake. Hehehehehehehe

What you mean, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is NOT the "sexiest man alive for 2012." :furious:

And you wonder how rumors get started around here. :stir:;)

You know that somewhere, someone has posted a link to this on some board somewhere that starts "check out what I saw on Dis, there are fake characters in WDW!"

You mean that Possum wasn't just the local wildlife? :rotfl::rotfl:

You know that somewhere, someone has posted a link to this on some board somewhere that starts "check out what I saw on Dis, there are fake characters in WDW!"

And since it comes from Robo there is a huge argument from authority. :thumbsup2

AngiTN said:

And unfortunately those are people who read the first few words of the post and do not bother reading the entire thing.

When I saw that this was from The Onion I swear I thought it was going to be about the princesses in their new garb. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter