Unable to select dining times on new DCL website?

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
Has anyone attempted to book a 2017 cruise on the new DCL website? I've been checking different dates just to get an idea of prices for 2017 and the booking engine never gives you the option of choosing the main dinner seating or late dinner seating. I've gone all the way through the process up to where you input credit card info for the deposit and the dining option is never offered. I am missing something?

Has anyone attempted to book a 2017 cruise on the new DCL website? I've been checking different dates just to get an idea of prices for 2017 and the booking engine never gives you the option of choosing the main dinner seating or late dinner seating. I've gone all the way through the process up to where you input credit card info for the deposit and the dining option is never offered. I am missing something?
It seems we can't select during the booking process, like we used to be able to do. We have to call DCL afterwards and make the change. Not sure if there's the ability to make the change online once the reservation is actually made or not, but there used to be.

Actually, after you have a reservation booked, it allows you to modify your seating preference online. It also allows you to place a new reservation on a three day hold (one day for concierge, I think.) You may be able to modify with a "held" reservation, too. I didn't think to look.

Actually, after you have a reservation booked, it allows you to modify your seating preference online. It also allows you to place a new reservation on a three day hold (one day for concierge, I think.) You may be able to modify with a "held" reservation, too. I didn't think to look.

Good answer...I can verify that - we just made a new reservation on the new website, and it was trivial to change the seating time once the reservation was confirmed. I agree, it was more satisfying to choose the time during booking on the old site, but this was really easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!