Un-Tangled-Getting My Life Back....PTR!! TR Started! 5/30

I know...I was just poking my nose in on the fun! :thumbsup2:rotfl2: I couldn't resist...:lmao:

That's my problem...I can never resist, either!

:eek: Noooooooo.... I didn't?!?

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Mark, I'm sure it was a complete oversight. :guilty: So sorry. :hug:

I figured my greeting probably put you over the 25-image limit. :rotfl2:

welcome-1-1.gif
Mark
00pxt.gif

Had to make it my style you know. :teeth:

Well, it certainly is sparkly! :thumbsup2

Aaaand so it begins!! I think I was thinking of Marv when I gave that greeting. :rolleyes: :laughing:

SO FUNNY, I was thinking my my buddy Marv when I read that! I love Marv, but I have to watch out for him....he slips in when I least expect it... :rotfl:

Uh oh, I'm being compared to Marv. That can't be a good thing. :rotfl:

Oh, Lordy, trouble has arrived. If Marv gets wind of this, watch out......

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm sure Marv loves sparkly stuff too. :rolleyes:

Wish me good thoughts today....

I'm going in for theraputic massage-not the fun relaxing kind. :sad2:(p.t. recommended). :scared: An hour and half's worth. Double :scared::scared:

I'm gonna be one bruised girl for a while, but I have to do what I have to do to fix these silly strained muscles that I keep having issues with. :rolleyes:

Hope it goes by as quickly and painlessly as possible!

Well, it certainly is sparkly! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: But most importantly....it matches my siggie! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Uh oh, I'm being compared to Marv. That can't be a good thing. :rotfl:
I'm sure Marv loves sparkly stuff too. :rolleyes:

Oh no you're not! :sad2: Marv is in a league all on his own. :rotfl: Hmmm :scratchin I wonder if Marv does like sparkly stuff?

Hope it goes by as quickly and painlessly as possible!

It didn't, but I expected that. :) That's the ugly part of therapeutic massage. :rolleyes: But sooo worth it, I can move normal again and exercise without injuring myself....or at least that's the hope. :thumbsup2

Hope alll goes well with the message!

Mark....I like the sparkly Tink! :thumbsup2

Thank you Michelle, it went well. An hour and half of tortuous, good-pain! :laughing:

No pain, no gain? Glad it went well. You'll be a sore "new" person.

OT- I sent you a message on fb.

How are you feeling Camille? I've been away for a few days with the internet out -admin problem with switching to DIL's name on the account. Now back to read.

Okay - I'm back! Looks like alot of fun people are along for the ride! This is going to be so fun!

My guess is he loves it. ;)

:rotfl:

No pain, no gain? Glad it went well. You'll be a sore "new" person.

OT- I sent you a message on fb.

Sorry I missed it until it was too late. And you're not kidding about sore! Holy smokes! I didn't sleep worth a hoot lastnight. :sad2:

How are you feeling Camille? I've been away for a few days with the internet out -admin problem with switching to DIL's name on the account. Now back to read.

Okay - I'm back! Looks like alot of fun people are along for the ride! This is going to be so fun!

Tammie! Glad you're back! :goodvibes
And I'm feeling sore as all heck! Remind me to NEVER do an all over body therapeutic massage again!! :crazy2: :laughing:We do have a lot of good people here, this should be a fun, lively group to entertain! :dance3:

:dance3:Congratulations on the 10 month mark!!!:dance3:

What an inspirational story. Looking forward to reading more.
:)

Alysa!! :rainbow::welcome::rainbow:

Thank you!! :goodvibes

:dance3:Congratulations on the 10 month mark!!!:dance3:

:laughing: Thank you. I know it's a ways off, but it's the little things for me. I'll let you in on a little secret....the ticker is actually a day off. :rolleyes: Oh well.

Correction! It's not a day off, it's just many, many hours off. :laughing: Go figure. :rolleyes:

Hey Millie,

Can you share your eating plan? I'm still trying to work on that aspect. Feel free to PM me!

Thanks!

Jill in CO

Alysa!! :rainbow::welcome::rainbow:

Thank you!! :goodvibes

:laughing: Thank you. I know it's a ways off, but it's the little things for me. I'll let you in on a little secret....the ticker is actually a day off. :rolleyes: Oh well.

Mine always is too. It makes no sense what so ever.

Did you start a TR for DL?

No, I didn't do a TR for DL. I don't think the trip would be that interesting to other folks - not much strange or unusual happened, and I'm not all that funny a writer. But I love reading other peoples' TRs!

Woot woot for 10 months to go!! :cheer2: :thumbsup2 :dance3:

No, I didn't do a TR for DL. I don't think the trip would be that interesting to other folks - not much strange or unusual happened, and I'm not all that funny a writer. But I love reading other peoples' TRs!

Woot woot for 10 months to go!! :cheer2: :thumbsup2 :dance3:

You ought to though to show everyone your pictures. People love pictures.

::MickeyMo So how did your great love for Disney start? ::MinnieMo

Was it when you were a kid and your parents took you to Disneyland or Walt Disney World?!? :tink:
Or did your Disney love start with your love for Disney movies like so many of us started out?

My love for Disney started in the 70's.
I had just turned 6 and my parents had just given me a record player and some records for my birthday!! For those younger than 25, those would be what are now known as, vinyl's and turntables. :rolleyes:

The only record I remember out of the few that I got was Song of The South and I think the only reason I remember that is due to the song Zip-a-dee-do-da and the album cover had cartoon characters on it.
Once you hear that song you never forget it, at least I didn't.
What a great song when you're a kid! When my parents put it on I dance/skipped all through the house. I made them play it over and over and over again. :) That was a good day, good memory.
Might be why I love Splash Mt. so much.

Truth be told, I'm sure it wasn't Disney that I fell in love with as much as it was that catchy tune! I'm mean really, who can hear that song and not have an upbeat attitude after hearing it?!? :goodvibes Or be driven totally nuts! :crazy2: Take your pick. :laughing:

I suppose my real love for Disney set in upon seeing the movies. popcorn:: Besides Star Wars, and Indiana Jones movies (am I dating myself here:rotfl:) we three-me, my mom and brother-lived for Disney movies. And as you may recall they didn't come out very often, not like today. On those rare occasions when they would release a Disney movie out of the vault it was a exciting time for us! I couldn't wait to see that Disney movie!! We'd make our own popcorn and pack our cooler, ice and soda's and any other goodies we could think of. We then would don our p.j.'s, hope to God no one we knew would see us, and head out in our Jeep Hornet hatch back to the Drive-in!! :rotfl: Gosh that thing was ugly, but the best car for going to see Drive-in movies in. My brother and I would pack our sleeping bags and pillows in the back and we would lay down in the back with the hatch open and watch the movie's until we'd fall asleep. :goodvibes
There was always a triple feature, first two were family oriented and the last one was always something the parents would be rewarded with after the kids were passed out. :rotfl:

I guess I didn't really know the love I would have for Disney until I visited my first park.:cloud9:

My almost final stage of my love for Disney....

It was 1989 and I had just graduated High School and moved to Southern California to live with my Dad, Step-Mom and my little sister (then 3). I liked living in California, no doubt. Who wouldn't after living in Kansas?!? :laughing:
But I didn't realize all that California still had to offer until that early fall day when my dad said we were going to take my little sister to Disneyland.
By this time I was of course 18 and had totally put aside my dreams of going to DL as a child. :guilty:
I'm sorry to report that when I heard we were going there I was less than thrilled. :duck: No judging. :laughing:
I think I even grumbled under my breath about going to some stupid kiddie park for the day, but sucked it up because it was for my little sister. The least I could do was pretend to have fun for her sake. Riiiiiight?

I have to admit when we saw the arch (that use to be on Harbor Blvd) that said Disneyland, I kinda got a little butterfly feeling in my stomach....little did I know what was to come!

We got to the front of the park, got our tickets and made our way in. I remember coming in under the Railroad bridge and thinking this is pretty cool! There's a Mickey head in flowers out front and a we haven't even made it into the park yet!

As we made it in and stood on Main St. there I was.............
a blubbering 18 year old girl who's entire childhood came flooding back to go along with all the tears I was crying. :sad: I was grateful to have on sunglasses and a little sister streaking down Main St. :lmao: With her parents doing the same after her, it gave me that moment all to myself. pixiedust:
The first experience is always the best when going to Disney, and this did not disappoint! They were about to come out with a new movie, a little movie called The Little Mermaid!! <said in her best Dory voice>
They had the most beautiful window displays to promote it. I remember standing there on Main St. looking at these gorgeous window displays and thinking how magical it all was. They actually made you think you were seeing these beautiful characters under water!! That whole day was beyond magical for me.

When my DH and I got married my DH's parents lived in Southern Calif. So when ever we would go out to visit, and my son become old enough we'd go to DL! The first time we went DS19 was 3 and we proceeded to visit the park every three years until he was 9. That last time we went was almost exactly a month right after 9/11, we were out there for my SIL's wedding. When we went to DL we pretty much had the park to ourselves. It was a strange time to say the least, but we weren't going to allow our good time to be stolen. :)

Okay, the final stage of Disney love, the love that finally put me over the edge never to return from waaaaas....

continue in the next post....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter