Un-Tangled-Getting My Life Back....PTR!! TR Started! 5/30

Hi Darlin'! Look at you - page 3 already before I can get here!!! Looking forward to this amazing way to celebrate your goal with your girl! :cool1:

ETA - caught up - it is so special for you to share here. I knew your story, but it is good to be reminded of the details, and how Sharon has inspired you. I know you will inspire others, too, which I know is your heart! Looking forward to taking this journey with you, sister!

ETA - caught up - it is so special for you to share here. I knew your story, but it is good to be reminded of the details, and how Sharon has inspired you. I know you will inspire others, too, which I know is your heart! Looking forward to taking this journey with you, sister!

Awwww. Thank you, my sweet friend. It feels good to know you're rooting for me. :goodvibes It helps me more than you know. :hug:

No, I don't believe anyone has. Never heard of them before.

Here it is. I keep a copy of it on my bathroom mirror.

1. I admit I love food and I am addicted to it.

2. My weight bothers me, and I know it's not healthy.

3. I am overweight for the most part because I overeat and don't exercise enough.

4. I have blamed many people and many things for my fat, but I must admit I am to blame. I hold the fork.

5. I forgive those who have made fun of me, judged me, or put me down because of my weight.

6. I forgive myself and forget about all the times I tried before.

7. Today I will make time for myself. I will eat healthy, and I will exercise.

8. I will not ignore, hide from, or avoid food. I will face food and not lean on it.

9. I realize food has no power and will never solve any of my problems - past, present, or future.

10.I will be patient with myself and will not become compulsive and obsessed with losing weight and exercising.

11. If I didn't do great yesterday, I will try harder today.

12. I will take a daily inventory and be truthful with myself.

13. I know now there are no easy ways to do this. I know the only way to achieve my goal is through exercise, eating healthy, and staying motivated.

14. I will use my sense of humor today, for it heals loneliness, depression, insecurity, and boredom.

15. This time I am doing this for me.

16. I am a terrific person and I like myself right now, no matter what I weigh.

17. The next time I have a craving for anything I know is fattening or am tempted not to exercise, I will think about the new me, and I will be strong.

18. I will take a look in the mirror and say, "I'm going to have a great day."

19. I have a very positive outlook about "My Life".

20. I am doing it! I am going all the way!

21. I am worth it!

This is a list he made for himself when he decided to lose weight and get control of his life.

Wow! Powerful. Thank you Michele for taking the time to post these. :goodvibes I can certainly relate to some of these. Addiction no, praise God, but a some of the others yes. I'm going to post this for my group! :) Thank you again.

Here it is. I keep a copy of it on my bathroom mirror.

1. I admit I love food and I am addicted to it.

2. My weight bothers me, and I know it's not healthy.

3. I am overweight for the most part because I overeat and don't exercise enough.

4. I have blamed many people and many things for my fat, but I must admit I am to blame. I hold the fork.

5. I forgive those who have made fun of me, judged me, or put me down because of my weight.

6. I forgive myself and forget about all the times I tried before.

7. Today I will make time for myself. I will eat healthy, and I will exercise.

8. I will not ignore, hide from, or avoid food. I will face food and not lean on it.

9. I realize food has no power and will never solve any of my problems - past, present, or future.

10.I will be patient with myself and will not become compulsive and obsessed with losing weight and exercising.

11. If I didn't do great yesterday, I will try harder today.

12. I will take a daily inventory and be truthful with myself.

13. I know now there are no easy ways to do this. I know the only way to achieve my goal is through exercise, eating healthy, and staying motivated.

14. I will use my sense of humor today, for it heals loneliness, depression, insecurity, and boredom.

15. This time I am doing this for me.

16. I am a terrific person and I like myself right now, no matter what I weigh.

17. The next time I have a craving for anything I know is fattening or am tempted not to exercise, I will think about the new me, and I will be strong.

18. I will take a look in the mirror and say, "I'm going to have a great day."

19. I have a very positive outlook about "My Life".

20. I am doing it! I am going all the way!

21. I am worth it!

This is a list he made for himself when he decided to lose weight and get control of his life.

A few weeks after I started working out I started working with a trainer. My friend Amy told me about her so I called the trainer to start a weight resistance program. She too (the trainer) had been over weight so I trusted she actually understood some what of what I was going through.
How many of you have worked with trainers who looked like they stepped off SHAPE magazine and has probably never had a fat body % over 13 (women) and probably never knew what it was to be over weight a day in their life? Yeaaa! :laughing: Kinda hard to work with someone who doesn't get you feel your workout pants are about to spotaneously ignite from all the dang friction and they are still telling you to go faster!! :crazy2:

So now I do three days weights and three days of cardio.

Buy the end of March when I went to visit Liesa-All7ofUs, eandesmom, MAGICFOR2 and Cameo818 in OR for our Dis meet. I had already lost 10lb. :goodvibes

As of today....as you can see in my siggie, I am down 52 lbs. (I can only change it in 5 lb. increments) and 7 sizes!! Lots of inches of course, but I haven't really counted them to know for sure. I know the last time I counted it was about seven inches from four months prior. My back has progressivly gotten better from p.t. and exercise, it almost never goes out and when it does it really minor. :yay: My knees how ever didn't get better with exercise so I started back to p.t. last summer to get them back into order and they are doing great! I however sorta fell off the wagon with my exercise back then, it was conflicting with my p.t. so I backed off my exercise until I was done with that, and right before I was done with p.t. my mom was diagnosed with breast and lung cancer. So I was away from the exercising for about four months when I started back this Jan. and I've been going strong ever since!! In spite of a fractured toe and some weird thing with the ball of my foot. In never ends I tell ya! But I'm not allowing any of it to stop me. I now no longer use big pillows to prop me up on my recumbent bike for my back, HUGE victory!! :cool1:
I probably gained about 9 lb. when I quit exercising, but took that off and a bit more these last five months, yes it took me that long to take off roughly 15 lbs., lots of inches came off but the weight didn't want to come off. :rolleyes: I use to be a size 24 and I can officially get into a women's regular size 16 now, still too big but a sight better than where I was. I can officially shop in the regular women's dept. instead of the "Big Girls," dept. I even tried to go back into the Big girls dept. to find some shirts and everything was enormous!! :goodvibes

What a sad, and inspirational story. What courage your friend had to put herself out there. You too by baring yourself here. It's not easy. I imagine though if you were will losing inches, but not weight, than you were converting fat to muscle which is a wonderful thing! It is VERY hard to juggle it all. I was doing pretty well when I saw you...but as you may recall was motivated for a Hawaii and then girls WDW trip and had been doing really well with an exercise routine. Following those I fell off the wagon for the summer, had a total meltdown in Alaska about it on our cruise, tried to get back on the wagon in the fall and then made a lot of excuses between my neck, the fact that I was taking kids to PT 2x a week, etc. etc etc. I painted the boys rooms on back to back weekends and put my neck out of commission for a good 4 months in the process. I'd guess I put on about 8 pounds and probably 2 inches. It wasn't until post sinus surgery when I was at my lowest and venting about PT not really helping anything other than mobility and being terrified to work out on my own, that my massage therapist suggested the outfit I go to now. Combine that with starting to really track my food, something I've NEVER done in my life, with a clear goal, using an app...I've made huge progress and am probably in the best shape I've been in, in probably 8yrs and have lost all the weight I'd put on, plus the extra layer I really needed to shed so overall about 16 pounds and 3-4 inches. Even if no one ever notices but me (well and Jeff lol) I'm ok with it, it feels darn good.

I had a similar PT/trainer concern. I really wanted more training, than PT, to be taught how to workout without reinjury and knew the folks at the Y weren't qualified to do that, nor was my current PT. Switching was the best thing I could have done and even though my neck is not where I want it to be...at least there are things I can do that don't make it worse which is a ton more than I had before. I was able to paint Kendalls room without reinjury but I did overstep my limits with putting in a flagstone patio. Oh well. PT has been yelling at me for a month over that and is why they want me to see the chiro.

WDW and trips are a HUGE motivator. The sad sad reality is that the biggest motivator I had was a couple of sundresses. 2 dresses ordered in Feb for our summer trip. In what should be the right size. Oh they fit. But not in a way I felt remotely good about or wanted to go out in public in. I decided that I was going to refuse to exchange them for a larger size and that they needed to fit right by the trip. This happened about the same time I vented to my PT and the combination really yelled at me to get on with it and make it happen.

Now those dresses are actually on the verge of too big. Which is just fine with me! I'd like things to firm up more so that's really my current goal, that and maybe another inch or 2 but it is awfully refreshing not to be terrified of a swimsuit focused vacation. Challenge will be to stay on the plan and not get complacent.

Need to keep chips out of the house! :rotfl:

CONGRATULATIONS on all you've accomplished so far, huge huge accomplishments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a sad, and inspirational story. What courage your friend had to put herself out there. You too by baring yourself here. It's not easy.

Thank you Cynthia. I'm sure some will not understand why I bare my soul to the point I have, but as I said I'm not one to hide my flaws.:sad2:
I just won't grow and prosper that way. Besides, it does no good to keep it all to yourself, people can benefit from someone else's story. I know I do, and sometimes you need to know there are others out there who have gone through it or are going through it so you yourself can get through what ever it is that's holding you back.

I imagine though if you were still losing inches, but not weight, than you were converting fat to muscle which is a wonderful thing!

This is what I kept telling myself, hoping it was true. I can certainly tell the difference in a lot of places. :banana:

I was doing pretty well when I saw you...but as you may recall was motivated for a Hawaii and then girls WDW trip and had been doing really well with an exercise routine. Following those I fell off the wagon for the summer, had a total meltdown in Alaska about it on our cruise, tried to get back on the wagon in the fall and then made a lot of excuses between my neck, the fact that I was taking kids to PT 2x a week, etc. etc etc. I painted the boys rooms on back to back weekends and put my neck out of commission for a good 4 months in the process. I'd guess I put on about 8 pounds and probably 2 inches. It wasn't until post sinus surgery when I was at my lowest and venting about PT not really helping anything other than mobility and being terrified to work out on my own, that my massage therapist suggested the outfit I go to now. Combine that with starting to really track my food, something I've NEVER done in my life, with a clear goal, using an app...I've made huge progress and am probably in the best shape I've been in, in probably 8yrs and have lost all the weight I'd put on, plus the extra layer I really needed to shed so overall about 16 pounds and 3-4 inches. Even if no one ever notices but me (well and Jeff lol) I'm ok with it, it feels darn good.

You know, going through this I've come to find out that it doesn't really matter how much weight a person has on, it's a struggle to that person just the same as the next. It doesn't matter if it's 8 lb. or 80, if you aren't happy you aren't happy and the struggle is still there.
I'm so proud of all that you have accomplished!! :banana: :hug:
I'm learning by my experience and also through what you're saying here, the key really lies in not giving up and pushing forward until you find what works. "Keep Moving Forward." :)

WDW and trips are a HUGE motivator. The sad sad reality is that the biggest motivator I had was a couple of sundresses. 2 dresses ordered in Feb for our summer trip. In what should be the right size. Oh they fit. But not in a way I felt remotely good about or wanted to go out in public in. I decided that I was going to refuse to exchange them for a larger size and that they needed to fit right by the trip. This happened about the same time I vented to my PT and the combination really yelled at me to get on with it and make it happen.

I don't think the dresses are a sad motivator at all. I think it takes what ever it takes, if it's working that's all that matters. I happen to have a pair of p.j.'s that have Minnie and Mickey all over them. They are a marker of my progress. I try them on as I'm making my way through this journey and it's exciting to see them starting to look like they should on me. :laughing: I bought them in the size I plan on being when I go to Disney. Yeaaaaa, that should give you quite the mental image. :rotfl:
Now those dresses are actually on the verge of too big. :banana:

I love that feeling!! I've found doing weight resistance training has gotten me into clothes I had to be 30-40 lb. lighter to get into without doing weights. It's pretty amazing how much weight resistance can change the composition of one's body. :goodvibes And the best part, you don't need a bunch of fancy machines!! A few dumb bells, a 20 lb. bar, a few resistance tubes and exercise ball, add some squats and that's really all you need!! I do have my elliptical and recumbent, but no one needs those if they can go out walking for cardio. :goodvibes

CONGRATULATIONS on all you've accomplished so far, huge huge accomplishments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really appreciate this!! And I say the same to you!! :cheer2: Now I'm on to the next 50!! :yay:

Camille, I am ALL caught up again (sorry...we lost power yesterday with a horrible storm and I couldn't DIS or FB, and then had more disturbing news about my MIL and now my brother).

In any event, all I can say is that you are one strong, determined woman and I could NOT be more proud of you.

Hat wearing Mark and I can't wait to meet you in May. :goodvibes

Here are some of the pictures I said I would post.

I'm posting my before and after motivational wall. :laughing:

Just click on the picture, for some reason I can't get them to be smaller. :rolleyes:

The original that I created when I started:

Here's the updated one that I just did a few weeks ago:

A couple of the pictures are really, really special to me. My friend Bill Vanderbush who lives in FL with his family and own's a shop, (Flipside Crepe's in Old Town) took a couple of them and allowed me to use them.
One is the Monorail going through EPCOT during the F&G festival and the other is the really brightly colored one of the parade and backside of an older gentlemen waving to Mickey with his Mickey ears on. :love:
Bill and his family are dear friends of mine, he use to be a Pastor here at a church we both use to go to, he and his wife Traci are the sweetest most grace filled, loving people you'd ever want to meet. And they go to WDW as much as possible. :goodvibes
Bill said when he took the picture he was standing there with tears in his eyes watching this man having the best time, he said this man was waving frantically moving up and down and yelling.."Mickey!! Hi Mickey!!" like a little kid as the parade was going by. :cloud9: Isn't that what it's all about though?!? Abandoning all idea of being an adult and reality and just be a kid again. <BIG HAPPY siiiiiigh>
Yes! I'm a total sap! :laughing: "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion."

See if you can spot all the different places we'll be staying. ;)

Camille, I am ALL caught up again (sorry...we lost power yesterday with a horrible storm and I couldn't DIS or FB, and then had more disturbing news about my MIL and now my brother).

In any event, all I can say is that you are one strong, determined woman and I could NOT be more proud of you.

Hat wearing Mark and I can't wait to meet you in May. :goodvibes

No worries!! :goodvibes I know everyone will read as they can.

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL and brother. PM me on FB if you need to talk. I can always call you too. :hug:

Thank you Ms. Kat, that means a lot to hear that from you. I'm determined to look and feel great when I go to WDW. If that means another 50 lb. than I guess that's what I have to do. With the weight resistance training I'm not sure at what point I'll start to look that way, the weights make a BIIIIG difference in how the body looks. Who knows, maybe I'll be happy with my body at another 40 lb loss instead of 50 lb's!! :banana:

Wow! Powerful. Thank you Michele for taking the time to post these. :goodvibes I can certainly relate to some of these. Addiction no, praise God, but a some of the others yes. I'm going to post this for my group! :) Thank you again.

You're welcome! I am glad I could share it.

Your story is amazing and you are a great inspiration yourself. Weight and body image is not easy for anyone....I know!

Jill in CO

Hi Camille! :wave2: Found your PTR and I'm captivated by the story.

Really proud of your hard work so far. :thumbsup2

Millie said:
You know, going through this I've come to find out that it doesn't really matter how much weight a person has on, it's a struggle to that person just the same as the next. It doesn't matter if it's 8 lb. or 80, if you aren't happy you aren't happy and the struggle is still there.
I'm so proud of all that you have accomplished!!
I'm learning by my experience and also through what you're saying here, the key really lies in not giving up and pushing forward until you find what works. "Keep Moving Forward."

It's funny, no matter what your size, historically or now, we all have issues. For someone who's spent most of their life being able to eat what they want it can be slow to really embrace the fact that no, no you can't and that as you age you have to work so much harder to make progress and you have to stick with it for it to "stick". People have an image in their mind of a persons shape and size and I do find it a bit amusing that I can lose that much and it not be noticed. I get it, I do, and know it's largely due to to dressing in a way the extra was hidden but still it can be a little discouraging. I realize that for many who really struggle, what I might go through it definitely not seen as a struggle compared to theirs, but self image is self image and how we view ourselves and the mental health that gives us (or takes away), is universal. That trainer with the 0% body fat has her own issues, guaranteed, she just hides them better.

Millie said:
I don't think the dresses are a sad motivator at all. I think it takes what ever it takes, if it's working that's all that matters. I happen to have a pair of p.j.'s that have Minnie and Mickey all over them. They are a marker of my progress. I try them on as I'm making my way through this journey and it's exciting to see them starting to look like they should on me. I bought them in the size I plan on being when I go to Disney. Yeaaaaa, that should give you quite the mental image.
Yep, PJ's definitely fall into that category, jeans too for sure! That's the one area I see size changes in, the rest honestly I was just smashing myself into and now they fit right, or loose. Scary! :rotfl: Yoga pants are stretchy for a reason. Sigh.

Millie said:
I love that feeling!! I've found doing weight resistance training has gotten me into clothes I had to be 30-40 lb. lighter to get into without doing weights. It's pretty amazing how much weight resistance can change the composition of one's body. And the best part, you don't need a bunch of fancy machines!! A few dumb bells, a 20 lb. bar, a few resistance tubes and exercise ball, add some squats and that's really all you need!! I do have my elliptical and recumbent, but no one needs those if they can go out walking for cardio.

Weights can be amazing for sculpting and building strength, a 2 for 1! Not sure I agree about walking being just enough though. It's great for general cardio but to really get the heart moving it won't get the HB up there enough. Depends on the goal though, I do know that for me, prior to really knuckling down I was doing only bike, either recumbent or regular. Doesn't burn nearly the calories or get the aerobic activity that the elliptical does. Now, with my cardio all on the elliptical/cross trainer and lighter but more targeted weights (for the injury) and seriously calorie tracking, I'm seeing MUCH better results (since all I was doing was maintianing, had to be better, right? LOL!). Still can't do pilates, zumba or my real bike thanks to the neck but I do have hope. I couldn't do the elliptical before, or upper weights so it is baby stetps...even if it's been months. Right? Can't do that tube either...they are GREAT but oh do I hurt my neck with it (one of those steps backwards), which really bums me out.

Ok the pictures are a little small but do I see pirate and/or nemo rooms? Hard to tell (and eyes getting old on my darn it!)

I'm here Camille! I'll work on getting caught up when I can. :goodvibes

<time passes>

Okay, I'm back. First, what a great writer you are! You had me spellbound, seriously.

I didn't realize that your backstory would actually involve your back. :rolleyes: Sorry, couldn't resist. :rolleyes1

I'm proud of you for what you're trying to do and the determination with which you're doing it! You ARE doing it! Hopefully the benefits you're already seeing, less pain etc., are helping to motivate you even more.

wow great job on the weight loss already...didnt know you were doing a report till i got hte PM...thanks for the heads up:thumbsup2

enjoying reading along and thanks for taking the time to write the report some of it was hard im sure....looking forward to more.:hug:

Your story is amazing and you are a great inspiration yourself. Weight and body image is not easy for anyone....I know!

Jill in CO

OMGosh! Jill came to read!! :banana: I'm so honored!! Seriously!!

:jumping1::welcome::jumping1:

Thank you Jill for your kind words. I think my friend is the real inspiration, I just finally got with the program! :laughing: But thank you for saying my story inspired you, that was my hopes by posting such personal stuff on here. I had so hoped my friends and my story would encourage someone else to maybe get their life back.
You can look up Sharon's episode on A&E, it's probably one of the better episodes.

Hi Camille! :wave2: Found your PTR and I'm captivated by the story.

Really proud of your hard work so far. :thumbsup2

Mark!! :yay: Thank you for making it!! And thank you for your kind words, words of encouragement really helps me push forward on days I don't want to. Today was a good day!! I got to work out with Jenjolt!! :goodvibes

Ok the pictures are a little small but do I see pirate and/or nemo rooms? Hard to tell (and eyes getting old on my darn it!)

If you click on the picture it will blow up so you can see it full view. I couldn't get them to shrink so I had to put thumb nails that you could click on so not to have such ginormous pics in the report. :rolleyes: Silly photobucket.

I'm here Camille! I'll work on getting caught up when I can.

<time passes>

Okay, I'm back. First, what a great writer you are! You had me spellbound, seriously.

I didn't realize that your backstory would actually involve your back. :rolleyes: Sorry, couldn't resist.

:rotfl: That's cute! I never thought about it that way! :laughing:

I'm proud of you for what you're trying to do and the determination with which you're doing it! You ARE doing it! Hopefully the benefits you're already seeing, less pain etc., are helping to motivate you even more.

Glenn!!! :banana:

party::welcome:party:

I couldn't be more thrilled that you are here. :goodvibes
Thank you, I think the more I see myself change and the more I feel better it's almost a no brainer to keep going. But I still have my days.
Having a group to check in with (my FB weight loss group) and to report my highs and lows to makes it that much easier to keep pushing forward.

wow great job on the weight loss already...didnt know you were doing a report till i got hte PM...thanks for the heads up:thumbsup2

enjoying reading along and thanks for taking the time to write the report some of it was hard im sure....looking forward to more.:hug:

Dan's here!!! I'm so glad you could make it over!!

:rainbow::welcome::rainbow:

Thank you!! And your are welcome for the heads up, I don't think it would be a report worth doing if some of the guys weren't here. :goodvibes
To be honest Dan, the only hard part to talk about was the death of my friends son. Mainly because I don't want anyone think I'm using Sharon's story to exploit her, and because It still catches my breath when I re-read it, never an easy thing to think about. But everything else is easy to tell when you realize it could help someone. A pastor at our church once said.... 'If we keep what amazing things happen and are learned in these four walls then the purpose of the cross isn't fully lived out and it dies.' I never want to keep from someone what I've been through if it can help them.
And isn't that what we're supposed to do with the trials we go through? Otherwise I feel they would all be in vain, and the enemy wins out.
I'm not a glory hound by any stretch of the imagination, I'm a pretty much a tell it and see it like it is, gal. I just hope that comes across here, but with heart. :love:

HI!
Following you from another PTR - can't wait to read about your trip...who knows, maybe you'll inspire me to start my own :thumbsup2

Yes, I DO love a good miracle! What a poignant and inspiring story and I am sure your friend has touched far more lives than she will ever know. I LOVE your inspiration wall and that you are sharing your journey with us!

CONGRATULATIONS on your accomplishments!!! I KNOW you will reach your goals and have an amazing time...And LIFE!!!!

Celebrate YOUR Independence Day!!!

HI!
Following you from another PTR - can't wait to read about your trip...who knows, maybe you'll inspire me to start my own :thumbsup2

:rainbow::welcome::rainbow:

So glad you stopped by, Erica! :goodvibes Who's PTR did you see mine on? :confused3
If I inspired you to do a PTR then....:dance3::yay::dance3::yay::dance3:

It's only taken me since 2007 to get with the program. :laughing: Silly to be afraid of the unknown.

Yes, I DO love a good miracle! What a poignant and inspiring story and I am sure your friend has touched far more lives than she will ever know. I LOVE your inspiration wall and that you are sharing your journey with us!

CONGRATULATIONS on your accomplishments!!! I KNOW you will reach your goals and have an amazing time...And LIFE!!!!

Thank you Judy!! :goodvibes So glad you've enjoyed it so far. My friend really is an inspiration, so many people's live have been changed hearing her tell her story. :love: God is so good to take what the enemy has meant for ruin and turn it into something that brings forth life.:lovestruc

Okay....just read about your little Lisa and THAT young lady is an INSPIRATION!!:banana: Holy smokes!! Not to mention you, beautiful lady!! :woohoo: I'm totally blown away by you and your family. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter