Um, Where's the Ice?! - A July 2012 European and DLRP Adventure*UPDATE 12/15 Pg.29*

Loving your report. We are going to DLP/London in October (fingers and toes crossed) Question about your awesome pic of the Euros, did you get them in France or at home before you left. We're not sure what to do, we've read to get them there. Is there a place at DLP to get them?

Their morbid version of HM sounds so awesome! Ahhhh I need to go!!

Oh no your poor dad! Stroller accidents are never fun... well at least for the victim, some people seem to get joy out of using them as steamrollers...

Wow drunk Stacey, you go with your bad self!

I totally forgot about the stroller incident. Dad was in some pain for sure and I was glad that he listened to us and went back to the room to get rest.

I had forgotten about it too until I started reading my notes for this update and had an "oh yeah!" moment. I'm glad he listened to us too.

1. I want to watch drunk Stacy

I shall deliver that my friend. I shall definitely deliver that. :rolleyes:

2. Love the shopping pics

They were a lot of fun to take! I don't normally do that.

3. I swear this is getting silly. I LOVE the fox and the hound! I freaked when DH said he hasn't seen it, and made him watch immediately. He still makes fun of me because I describe the movie as "a heartbreaking tale of friendship". Maddie loves the movie, and she and always say "I'm a hound dog!" When our beagle Cooper howls.

It's crazy! Oh my gosh, we used to do that all the time when Copper used to say "I'm a hound dog!", in his raspy voice. I used to love it. Do you cry during Best of Friends? I'm not gonna lie, that song makes me tear up. I have it on my iPod. Oh, that and "Someone's Waiting for You" from the Rescuers. Can someone tell me WHY I CAN'T BUY THAT SONG ON ITUNES!?!?!?!?!

4. We were destined to be amigos.

We are my friend. We are. We should definitely set up a meet, seeing as though we live very close to each other.

Haha!! Drunk Stacy! I love it!

Phantom Manor looks so awesome! Love how morbid they made it. They could never do that in the US. We're far too sensitive - or so everyone wants us to be.

I also loved The Fox and the Hound when I was a kid. When Big Mama sings Best of Friends? That's good stuff. And my god, I cried and cried when she left him in the woods and he looks back all sad and confused. Haven't watched it in years...I don't think I have the strength!

Drunk Stacy is epic and I will be posting a video. It was amazing.

I love how morbid PM is too. That's what makes it so cool. I'm right, we are a little sensitive here and wish they would do something like that.

Oh my gosh, yes I used to cry during that part too! When I was little, I used to look and I'm like "TODD! NOOOOO!!!!!!" I wanted Todd so badly as a doll when I was younger. And they never had them.

Loving your report. We are going to DLP/London in October (fingers and toes crossed) Question about your awesome pic of the Euros, did you get them in France or at home before you left. We're not sure what to do, we've read to get them there. Is there a place at DLP to get them?

Thanks!

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you too! I hope you guys can make it.

We got our Euros prior to leaving the US. Everything I've heard says that's better. They do have them in DLP, there is a currency exchange. However, I suggest getting them here from your bank. I was able to get them from mine. They only charged the conversion fee on them (normally it's about five to seven cents per Euro), but if it's with your bank, it's less. At the currency exchanges, because they know you are stuck, they can charge you more. The conversions at DLP were higher than we converted at home. I would advise watching the Euro right now. If it gets to about $1.25 per Euro, get them here. It's not likely it will go much lower than that. Avoid converting during the summer, it tends to raise during the high travel times.

Their morbid version of HM sounds so awesome! Ahhhh I need to go!!

Oh no your poor dad! Stroller accidents are never fun... well at least for the victim, some people seem to get joy out of using them as steamrollers...

Wow drunk Stacey, you go with your bad self!

You definitely need to get out there at some point. It's so amazing.

I do think that some people get joy out of running people over with them. Thankfully, this lady did not, but there are many out there.

Drunk Stacey is amazing.

All caught up again on this one! Geez, this is taking awhile. Can it just be Christmas already and I'd be perfectly content, but NOOO, I'm still stuck with... uhhh... *ahem* Yup, my life. Anyways... really looks like this trip was a lot of fun! I really want to go check out this place someday, might have to spend a few days reading an English-French dictionary because I totally failed in Quebec, but Spanish is first priority lol And I totally agree about the Fox and the Hound being so under-appreciated. That is by far the saddest movie I have ever seen and one of the best stories in a movie. Thank goodness my friends got on my case about that one. Seriously, awesome film!

Ummm... can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

I'm still here too; I am still so jealous of you! I love the pictures and your family looks like they're so great to travel with. I guess I'm the goober in our family. lol!

I am going to check and see if we can order the Kwatta online for us. I can't remember what brand we used when I was little but am so glad we can get it in the US now.

I hope you can. I really like it. Mmm. Salivating just by thinking about it. Hehe.

file-10.jpg

I love your new haircut/colour. It looks so lovely on you.

I love Phantom Manor. My brother's not so keen unfortunately so I don't get a ride on it every time we go to DLRP.

Your dad's stroller accident sounds painful. Mum has a replacement knee since June and it's still a pain in the knee so far. (yes, I love silly puns).

I'm glad I made it back on the boards to follow your TR. Happy holidays!

After our exploration of the castle, it was time to head over to Peter Pan. Now, be ready. T

I completely read this as "exploitation" and not "exPLORation"! I thought "Now what and how did they exploit that castle!! :confused3 :rotfl2: I immediatley went back and re-read it correctly but I really could see you guys expoiting it somehow!!! :lmao: JK

I loved the iasw!! I am so happy you went ahead and posted the extra pictures!! And the Haunted Mansion sounds interesting but in a good way! Finally, sorry your dad got ran over by the stroller. Obviously some things know no country boundaries!!

I love how Pinocchio is all sweet and cute on the outside...pretty adorable actually and then all scary and sinister inside...(hmmm I'm not sure what that says about me...:confused3) It's kind of like the switch and bait you get to a lesser extent with Splash Mountain... especially in Florida... you know all cute and sweet and musical... until you reach those cackling vultures before you go up that hill and down the falls...(I have a very conflicted relationship with SM)

Anyhow...Fox and Hound...:thumbsup2

I hope your Dad feels better in your subsequent updates... strollers can be very violent ... you should have to be licensed...

A drunk, French version of Stacey... boggles the mind...

I got run over by a stroller in Germany once. They can't drive strollers either. The worst of it was that I had jumped back on the curb to get out of their way, and then got yelled at in German for being in the way. :confused3 :rolleyes2 Your dad and I can form a Stroller Survivors club.
Pinocchio is a fun ride! I'm glad you did the Haunted Manor again, that thing is so awesome. And lunch looks yummy!

If anyone from the US is combining a trip to DLP with a visit to the UK, just to let you know you can change currency commission free at the Post office, and they generally have a very good rate (better than the Bureau de Changes) so you could wait and change your money here (or get extra) - just so you know! (Some central London shops and some in the airports do take Euros as well, but plan to use ££ in the UK for safety.)

Still loving your report! And its confirmed I was definitely too frugal in DLRP - not like me at all:rotfl:

To hoping 2013 is a wonderful year and brings many more magical moments (and Disney trips)!

HappyNewYearDIS_KIP2012_PS_zps2a08e68a.png

Hi guys!

I wanted to come and let you guys know that I am so sorry I've been gone for a while. I don't know exactly when I'm going to get back on to start updating, but rest assured I absolutely will.

I was in a car accident on December 26th. Those of you who are Facebook friends with me likely saw.

I'm okay. I had whiplash and some minor injuries. The hardest part has been my knee. It jammed into the door and dashboard upon impact. It's slowly getting better, but it's been difficult losing this momentum at the gym.

The accident was not my fault, but there has been significant damage to my poor brand new car. I bought this car in September. It's a sad state of affairs. His insurance company is covering everything, but so far there is over $10,000 of estimated damage.

On top of this happening to me, my grandma has been deteriorating and has finally settled on hospice care. It's been a struggle so far, but she's hanging in there. Any thoughts or prayers would be appreciated.

We're hanging in there, but with everything and work included, I just have not had the energy to keep up with my TR's and haven't been able to keep up on the DIS in general. I'll be back though I promise! Just hang in there friends! I appreciate all of your support.

I saw about your wreck on Facebook but wow at the estimated damage! And so sorry about your knee and grandmother....totally understandable! I have been absent a lot too due to life so I understand and will be here when you are back at it!!

Glad you're mostly ok after your accident, hopefully your knee makes a quick recovery from here. And I hope your car gets sorted out nice and quick too.

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I'll be thinking of her and your family :hug:

So sorry-such an awful thing to happen just after Xmas. Glad you are OK though despite the ongoing knee etc and car. It could always have been worse. Sorry about your grandma too-always sad when this has to happen. Thinking of you all. :flower3:

Hope you ok. Sending prayers and pixie dust for your Grandma

Hope your knee is on the mend! Have you tried to find an exercise class (or DVD) with chair-based exercises? Rosemary Conley does one (or it might be part of a longer one) and it will keep you in the loop.

Sorry to hear about your grandma. My grandad ended his days in a hospice and actually had a far more peaceful time than my poor father who was adamant he wanted to stay in his own home (he was only 56). The quality of the care is so good, and managing the pain is better when there are professionals on hand every minute.

P&PD to you and your family at this difficult time.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter