Ultimate DCP Blog

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by Lyanne and Stitch, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Lyanne and Stitch

Lyanne and Stitch Mouseketeer

Hi everybody!

I've had an idea of creating an ultimate Disney College Program blog for a while now and I'm writing about it here in case any of you want to help!

My idea is to make a tumblr blog that has many CP writers so that readers can get a sense of the entire experience since the CP can be vary a lot from person to person.
    What would be ideal is if there's a person from every role and then everybody can post about their experience is whichever way they like (written posts, pictures, videos, etc).
    This is also a good way of having an active blog with content all the time since once you're working it's difficult to update a personal blog constantly.

If any of you are interested, let me know and I'll get this started! :goodvibes

-Lyanne

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ArielinWonderland

ArielinWonderland Mouseketeer

I'd be interested!
    I already have a blog from my first program in Disneyland that I am going to continue writing on for my second program this fall in Disney World, but I'd be happy to contribute to another! I'm always answering questions and stuff on my existing blog.
    It's ArielinDisney.tumblr.com

4. emcclay

emcclay Mouseketeer

I'm interested! Moving down next week to start on April 8th. I'll be participating in the Disney Culinary Program in baking & pastry. My tumblr is elizabethcm.tumblr.com

5. Lyanne and Stitch

Yay! I'm so glad that you both want to be a part of this! :goodvibes

PM your emails when you can so I can add you to the blog and then we can get it started! :yay:

6. lego606

lego606 Mouseketeer

7. Lyanne and Stitch

Yeah! I was thinking we could start with WDW first and then see how it goes from there!

But if you're interested in joining, let me know! There's really no reason why Disneyland CPs shouldn't be a part of it! :goodvibes

I also don't want to just make it for this year because I'm thinking that new cps can take over all the time!I just hope it works out! :D

8. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

Wow that sounds like an amazing program :) I have Hospitality/Restaurant Degree I'll never use :(

9. Lyanne and Stitch

It's up and running! :)

http://thedcpblog.tumblr.com/

Remember, if you're interested in being a part of the blog just send me your email!
    I don't think I could call it the ultimate blog if there's only two of us! :laughing:

Edit! I decided to change the name to: The DCP Blog. The world ultimate just didn't do anything for me. lol :P

10. emcclay

emcclay Mouseketeer

Why won't you use it? Anyways, I think it is great you have that degree. I don't think many people 'get' hospitality these days.

11. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

I work as a gov't contractor now. ( help by Disney on my resume! :))I worked at Hyatt & a resort & spa after I graduated but after 9/11 hotel industry was bad for a long time. I make way more $$ in gov't than I would in a hotel plus I get holidays off so I guess it isn't too bad.....

12. Wishes Count

Wishes Count DIS Veteran

Lyanne,

I'd like to contribute as a Guest Relations PI, if you would be willing to include me? I know it's not technically a CP but it is an alumni only position so maybe I could be of some help to people trying to decide how to further their career with the company? Let me know :) If you would like to keep it strictly CP I completely understand!

13. Lyanne and Stitch

Kate,

That would be awesome! :)
    Just PM your email so you can join the blog! :goodvibes

14. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

I'm already a contributor on DCP Tumblr page. You added me already thank you!!! I will post my QSFB experience soon. I already posted pics of my attractions role! :)

15. Lyanne and Stitch

I meant wishescount! Sorry!

I just realized both of you are Kate! :laughing: