UK Wedding Couples

BruTamUK

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
It's just a month away now until we are able to request our date for next years intimate wedding (Dec 15th 2004). The problem is, we are still undecided on who to book the wedding with (Virgin or Disney direct). Our holiday is booked with Virgin but after speaking with their wedding department over the phone we are a little worried about the service they offer.
We are hoping to add extras to our wedding such as extra photo's from DPS (12 are already included), wedding video (still undecided between STVS and Disney), Reception at Citricos or V&A, Dessert Party in Epcot for the Illuminations and other things such as extra flowers and maybe a portrait session in MK. Our worry if we book through Virgin Weddings is how good are they at arranging these extras? They only seem to be interested in the basics, where as we would like to specify such things as photo locations and reception menus before we arrive. They told us also that brides are unable to wear their dress for the Dessert Party in Epcot, yet we have seen pictures of brides wearing them.
Any extras booked through Virgin also carry a £225 charge. We dont fancy paying this if they cannot arrange to the smallest detail the above requirements.
We do like the idea of booking direct with Disney Weddings as we will be able to ask questions ourselves instead of using Virgin as a go-between. Our only worry with this is if the distance could cause a problem. (We don't like the idea of not being able to get in touch, after reading some of the problems with EM's on this board).
There's no real difference in price between the two its just that we would like to have everything arranged without any stress!
Any advice from UK (or US)Disnymooners would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Bruce & Tammy

Bruce

Certainly I am in the camp of all those UK people that no longer book pacakges full stop as I can get the same holiday usually for a far less price than say Virgin may offer.

I would say in order for a stress free marriage I want to know that I have total control of who to speak to when and going through Virgin will NOT give you that option - they're a middle man who don't know enough about these weddings to give you the correct facts in the first place.

i say go direct with Disney :)

Hi there,

We will be renewing our Vows on board the Disney wonder Cruise ship in December 03. We too have our holiday booked with Virgin, but as Virgin didn't do vow renewals for 2003 we booked direct with Disney, which unfortunately has had it's problems too.

The biggest problem is that I feel I have no control over the event. I have been in touch with my co-ordinator via email and the occasional phone call, but it takes her absolutely ages to respond to my questions, and whilst I am sitting here waiting for her to answer, the frustration builds up.

I have had conflicting answers also, i.e. My co-ordinator told me we couldn't have decorations at our table at Palo on board the ship, yet on the web site I read a report where someone had a wonderful meal at Palo complete with decorations. I told her about this about 2 - 3 weks ago and she said she would check it out - but I am still waiting her response - and we leave the UK in 19 days time!

However, despite these niggling problems, the reports on the web site all say how wonderful Disney are at the time and everyone seems to have a great day.

In my opinion, getting married abroad is great as long as you can relinquish some control - well most of it really.

We have had mega problems with Virgin holidays also, apart from sitting on the telephone queue for over an hour to get a reply, they have made alot of errors in our booking.

Whatever you decide I am sure it will be great, if you want to email me, please do and I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Rosemary

Hi

Our wedding in 2000 was booked with Unijet, they were in the middle, but rather than wait for them and I liased direct with FTW.

I would definately go the direct route.:)

Thankyou all for your advice.
We've made our minds up now and decided to book direct with Disney FTW.
I'm sure there will be more questions over the next year that we need answered!
Many thanks,
::MickeyMo Bruce & Tammy::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter