1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Uk dvc members please help..

Discussion in 'UK DVC Discussion' started by glossopj, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Thanks Janet! We would like to try DWL next maybe around Christmas. I understand they have a massive christmas tree in the lobby! We visited this resort for the day last time ( we nose around all the different ones lol ) and fell in love with it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Elise79

Elise79 Moderator Moderator

To pay dues by monthly direct debit you need to hold a US based account. We hold one at SunTrust - it's a checking account and comes with a check (debit) card.

For the rest you need a good IFA to advise :)

4. happyj

happyj DIS Veteran

We also like going around the resorts and Christmas that would be lovely. GF is supposed to be amazing. Unfortunately we cannot go at Christmas due to work.

5. Paula Sedley-Burke

It will be amazing when they have built the dvc at GF! One year we went in November and we managed to see the gingerbread house there it was out of this world! We also got to see MVVMP and the Osborne lights. Wow! I know it wasn't Christmas but it was cheaper less crowded and we got to see all the Christmas stuff! Still love to go for Christmas one year though!

6. happyj

happyj DIS Veteran

I never thought about November. Was that at the end of November ?

7. Paula Sedley-Burke

We went for the first two weeks in November. The Osborne lights starts around the 9th November and we got one of the MVMCP. We were delighted! The only thing we didnt catch was the tree at WL as that is put up after thanksgiving I understand with most of the actual christmas decs. Trouble is if you go at the end of November its really expensive because of the US thanksgiving. So if you wanted to see the decorations as well maybe the beginning of Dec.

But that time in Nov was magical as the weather was just perfect, flights cheap and rides with low waits! MVMCP was amazing.

8. Huey

Huey Earning My Ears

Thanks Elise, do you not need a US address to open a SunTrust account? I had tried a couple of American banks who wouldn't offer me an account due to my UK address and residency. Tx.

9. happyj

happyj DIS Veteran

I think we will wait and till we retire and do end November beginning dec to keep the cost down :)