UK Brides...

Emimy

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I'm trying to start the very beginning of my planning for our DFTW.

I can't decide whether it's going to be better to book it all through Disney, or book it through an agent like Virgin... What have other UK brides done and can you give me any advice on which would be better?

TIA :flower3:

Disney! Definitely! I've not long been planning my wedding, and am still right at the beginning of the Consultant stage, but I would definitely say Disney!

Planning is so much easier without the middle man, and the reviews I've seen with people going through travel agents are not good - someone might have a good experience though.

Definitely Disney for me.

book direct, we were going to book via virgin but with disney you get direct with them and its all done.

We booked with them for our spet 2008 wedding and it was great, we dealt mainly via email or they called us to save money.

There are loads of us UK brides and brides to be on here

Thanks everyone :flower3: Seems everyone is saying to book direct, so that's what I'll do!

Thanks again :)

We've booked direct, can't imagine that the service by a UK travel operator would be anywhere near as personal as the service that we are recieving from Disney.

Hi, just thought i'd let u know, i have booked my wedding at Disney through Virgin & they have been fantastic, sorted everything out for us & just have to have a meeting when we get over there, i would recommend Virgin. hope it all works out for you.

We booked ours direct with Disney (mainly because I couldnt find a tour operator that would arrange a Disney wedding if you wanted a custom package.)

Disney where GREAT...but I think if you are having a escape wedding you do not have as much contact with the planners so you could look at doing it through a tour operator.

One more thing to consider is the exchange rate - if you go via a tour operator once you have signed into your booking contract the prices should be locked into the price when you booked, but if you go through Disney you are subject to rate changes which can make a huge ££ difference.

One more thing to consider is the exchange rate - if you go via a tour operator once you have signed into your booking contract the prices should be locked into the price when you booked, but if you go through Disney you are subject to rate changes which can make a huge ££ difference.

Ooh I didn't think of that... hmmm. Think I'll probably end up booking direct, I guess it'll be easier to cut out the middle man.

Thanks again :)

Thanks for this post, this is just the sort of thing I was looking for.
"sarjanevic" how did you contact Virgin, was this online and did you have any difficulty trying to communicate with them. The tour operators I've so far spoken to have been very helpful but no-one seems to have any experience with Disney weddings, I seem to know more than them !!!

It's a little scary to say the least.

We have booked everything direct - flights, rooms, villa etc.

Disney have been absolutely fantastic and I can't recommend them highly enough.

I have read on other posts that Tour Operators have specified that certain things need to be booked that you (or your guests) may not need ie tickets. By booking things direct you can choose exactly what you want.

This might be different now, but when I looked before, I think the tour operators only included a 2 week Disney pass with the wedding package, whereas direct you get an annual pass....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter