UK brides, what wedding insurance did you have?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by tinkandonaldfans, Jan 16, 2011.

1. tinkandonaldfans

tinkandonaldfans DIS Veteran

As we are just about to get our letter of agreement and pay our deposit I am now wondering about wedding insurance.

Who do you go with?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. penlanspice

penlanspice Addicted 2 disney

We didn't get any insurance, it wasn't something that bothered us to be honest, if anything had gone wrong (we nearly did have to postpone) disney was more than willing to work with us.

4. gemmybear83

gemmybear83 <font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<

I didnt either in my LOA it listed that your date could be moved once, and my contracts with my vendors also said this.

I did take out additional travel insurance to cover my dress etc I just added this to my M&S annual insurance.

5. Chilly

Chilly RIP Tag Fairy

I didn't either for the same reasons as above.

It was unlikely that Disney was going to go bust and we didn't pay the vendors till the day and they had all been around for years and had great reviews on here.

6. tinkandonaldfans

tinkandonaldfans DIS Veteran

From what you have all been saying we probably won't either. Its just something that was brought up and I guess it seemed important but maybe on second thought not so much! Obviously we will have travel insurance so I guess that covers a lot of it!

Thanks Dis brides!

7. torsie24

torsie24 Mummy to a perfect princess.

We've not either as our LOA pretty much covered all outcomes.

A DFTW isn't really like a regular wedding where your caterer is separate from the venue, and the florist is independent, same with the transport etc. etc.

We have gone mega on our travel insurance though!