uh oh, something besides Disney on my mind...

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by la79al, Sep 6, 2007.

1. la79al

la79al DIS Veteran

May 24, 2005
    I leave in 6 days for a trip to Disney World with my sister. Luckily, I have all the tickets and confirmation numbers, etc in a folder in the drawer, just waiting to go. Last weekend DH and I found out we are going to be having a baby in the spring and I have been completely occupied with that. Haven't started packing at all, haven't started deciding what I'm going to pack, haven't double checked park hours against a proposed itinerary. The biggest Disney related thing I have thought about was how to explain to DSis why I am skipping the mountains, EE, Dinosaur, TT and MS. We don't want to tell anyone for another 6 weeks or so but DSis lives with my mom so not sure how to get around that one.....
  2. Andi

Andi Mouseketeer

Mar 7, 2006
    :goodvibes !!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :goodvibes

As for your dilemma, could you just tell a little fib and say you've been having some minor neck or back pain and that you're supposed to stay away from the rougher rides?? Just an idea...
  3. MindyLuvsMickey

MindyLuvsMickey DIS Veteran

Oct 6, 2006
    OH!!!! Congratulations!

New babies and Disney . . . you get both at the same time!!

A little fib to your sis won't hurt!
  4. dunbarfamily

dunbarfamily I'm a proud homebirthing crunchy mama who loves Wa

Jul 24, 2007

Make sure to buy a Mickey Bib for your baby! They are so cute, and they're only like $10. The tricky thing will be to buy it without family seeing it!

I like the "Oh, I have a backache" idea. Or a headache.

Again, congrats! Here's a little something for your baby-to-be.....:banana: His or her first dancing banana!!