Ughh.. My ADR's.. What a Nightmare!!

stinie18287

Mouseketeer
I just finished trying to get my ADR's.. :sad1:

I got nothing I wanted! I was on the online system at 6am and it wasn't working so I called at 7. I thought I'd be fine because I'm going Jan 4th-9th which I assumed would be pretty slow and I'm not really booking anything too difficult!

This is what I was trying to get:
Jan 4th- Sci Fi Dine In around 7pm
Jan 5th- San Angel Inn at 4PM
Jan 6th- 1900 Park Fare at 9:30AM
Rainforest Cafe at 8PM
Jan 7th- Raglan Road at 9PM
Jan 8th- Teppen Edo at 9PM
Jan 9th- Ohana at 8:30PM
Jan 10th- Chef Mickey's at 9:30AM

I was flexible with the times but I only got Sci Fi Dine in and 1900 Park Fare! I can't believe everything else was COMPLETELY booked up! Especially places like San Angel Inn and Rainforest Cafe....I am so surprised and so upset! I've been planning these reservations for a few months now :sad2: Do you think stuff will open up?

I did manage to get Le Cellier for the 5th which I've heard is hard and Tusker House on the 6th.. I'm just so disappointed because it's not what we wanted...

You can call RFC directly and get a reservation! I had to do this for our trip. Disney only gets about 25% of their open reservations, they book their own and hold some open for walkups!

I just had a nightmare too. I didn't get even one time I wanted. I got acceptable times, though. I never did get the online syste to work. It will not open past my arrival date.

OP, same thing happened to me yesterday. The online booking wouldn't work for me at all, so I called to make my ADRs ... and didn't get half of what I wanted! There was nothing at Le Cellier on the night of Jan. 4, and for Jan. 6, 50s Prime Time didn't have one spot open for lunch (11 til 3). They also couldn't get anything to show up at Chefs de France for Jan. 7. Who would think that this week would be so popular?! Very disappointing ...

Don't worry about it. The great news is you can call back or go online everyday to see if what you want opens up. Even though the prospect of calling for ADR's every day seems daunting it takes 5 minutes. When we went this past May I had to change my ressies a few times and through diligence I got exactly what I wanted. As Tim Allen once said " Never Give Up, Never Surrender". Good Luck
PS
We love love love the SCi Fi.

I'm sorry you guys had trouble. I couldn't get the online system to work either but I called and got everything I wanted. It seemed almost too easy.

4th R&C 7:40
5th Boma 6:05
6th Les Chefs 7:30
7th 50s PT 7:30
8th LeCellier 6:15
9th WCC 5:00
10th Ohana 6:10

Oh gosh, this is making me nervous! I can make ADRs on Friday and I was hoping to be up early to use the online system. Hopefully it's fixed by then...

And as others have said, keep calling! It usually works for most restaurants. I've also had luck changing ADRs with the concierge at the resort.

Wow, I am surprised. I was completely panicked about getting our ADR's because we check in on Christmas Day but we were able to get everything we wanted. San Angel is really surprising, I didn't think that was hard to get.

Ugh you guys are making me nervous!!

I make adrs on thurs...i guess ill try and do the online thing first to see if its gonna work! Im really hoping it will by thurs! Good luck everyone!

OP, same thing happened to me yesterday. The online booking wouldn't work for me at all, so I called to make my ADRs ... and didn't get half of what I wanted! There was nothing at Le Cellier on the night of Jan. 4, and for Jan. 6, 50s Prime Time didn't have one spot open for lunch (11 til 3). They also couldn't get anything to show up at Chefs de France for Jan. 7. Who would think that this week would be so popular?! Very disappointing ...

I am guessing the new buy 4 get 3 free or buy 5 get 2 free is what is causing this to be a big week. I know we are arriving the day after Christmas and through New Year's. We did the 3am online thing on our 90 day mark and got everything. I even check a day or 2 later and could of gotten all of it as well.

Here are our ADR's

12/26 Sci-Fi 5:35pm
12/27 Akerhaus 9:15am
12/27 Tony's 7:00pm
12/28 CP 12:40pm
12/29 CRT 9:30am
12/30 Tusker House 10:20am
12/30 1900 6:15pm
12/31 Plaza 12:00pm
12/31 Chef Mickey's 8:00pm

I got nothing I wanted! I was on the online system at 6am and it wasn't working so I called at 7. I thought I'd be fine because I'm going Jan 4th-9th which I assumed would be pretty slow and I'm not really booking anything too difficult!

Rainforest Cafe at 8PM

I was flexible with the times but I only got Sci Fi Dine in and 1900 Park Fare! I can't believe everything else was COMPLETELY booked up! Especially places like San Angel Inn and Rainforest Cafe....I am so surprised and so upset! I've been planning these reservations for a few months now :sad2: Do you think stuff will open up?

I did manage to get Le Cellier for the 5th which I've heard is hard and Tusker House on the 6th.. I'm just so disappointed because it's not what we wanted...

Just to let you know Raglan Road you can make through open table:
http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=8023

I checked your night and there is plenty of availability, 8:45, 9:00 and so on.... try there!
Good luck!:thumbsup2

I would call back right now. I was told that California Grill was completely booked for the night I wanted. On a hunch, I called again, and got almost the exact time I wanted. And we are a party of 6! Keep trying! Same thing with T-Rex. I got a reservation, but not the time I wanted. I called them directly, and got the exact time. Don't stop trying!

I would continue to call and check online because some of those really aren't that popular BUT we have been that week in Jan before and it was CRAZY busy. The other issue we had was that right around Jan 2 WDW cuts back on staff/hours/starts rehabs so even when it got busy they couldn't open more lines that they had planned. SO we'd go to a CS place and it would be packed with only 4 lines open out of about 20. Same for some of the rides where they can run lower capacity like Star Tours they only had 2 simulators open out of 6 even though the line was 70 mins long. We did have great weather though.

I had no problem getting mine last monday online for 12/27-1/1/19 including NYE. I wonder if there is a new glitch...I did have to do one of them multiple times, but all were correct when I finished and got an email confirming all of them.

Connears

The dining reservations system is definitely having some problems. I finally found out from them that 50s Prime Time is not even loaded in their system for January yet. And when I called to add Chefs de France at 6:30 p.m. on January 4, they told me there was nothing left. Yet I was looking right at it online ... which is how I booked it. Strange!

The CM I spoke with this morning when I made my ADRs said certain restaurants were not " in the system " past 90 days yet.

Noteably she said Chef's de France, San Angel, and Kouzinna were not.

I was able to get

50's PTC

San Angel( at the 90 day mark)

Tusker House

WCC

1900 PF

Le Cellier

all within a 1/2 hour of when I wanted them. The CM also suggested I book Coral Reef, and cancel it if I got Kouzinna later. I am planning to try everyday until everything I want.

Rainforest Cafe at 8PM

Looks like we will be in the World at the same time ! We might even bump into each other at Tusker House !

You can call RFC directly and get a reservation! I had to do this for our trip. Disney only gets about 25% of their open reservations, they book their own and hold some open for walkups!

I don't know if/how many they hold out from Disney inventory, but I've had better luck with booking Raglan Road directly too. You can make the reservation on OpenTable.com via the link from the restaurant's own website. http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=8023

I just cancelled a few and added to new ADR's and had problems so I had to call to confirm. The CM had trouble accessing her system as well...

I have been popping on to the online reservations every few days or so to check if new times have opened..

I had decent times booked before but have been able to land a few better time slots with chekcing in here and there.

Keep trying......:goodvibes

I love the new online reservation system. So far I have gotten every restaurant I wanted. All reasonably close to the times I wanted. Two days ago Crystal Palace was not available for dinner, but I went in very early (3AM) this morning and there was crystal palace for 8 people:banana:
It is so much easier, and cheaper, than calling everyday and waiting a half hour to get a CM on the line.
:snail::snail::snail::snail::snail::snail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter