Uggs in parks?

minnie55555

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

My family and I will be heading to WDW next Tuesday!

I have a pair of Uggs but without the fur inside and they are the most comfortable pair of walking shoes...will I look awkward wearing them in the parks/Florida??

Just trying to prepare myself :-)

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using DISBoards

When I was growing up, uggs was a slang term for ugly people, so I totally didn't expect this topic to be about footwear! :rotfl:

P.S. - my wife says she's seen lots of them in the parks!

Nope,I always see a lot of the younger crowd wering them in all colors, you won't stand out much!:O)

I don't have any idea what an ugg looks like, but people wear all sorts of ridiculous things in the parks. Hang out around here long enough, you will see the pics.

And really, everyone is so busy having their own fun that only vapid teenage girls would spend time looking at (much less caring about) what other people are wearing.

Hi everyone,

My family and I will be heading to WDW next Tuesday!

I have a pair of Uggs but without the fur inside and they are the most comfortable pair of walking shoes...will I look awkward wearing them in the parks/Florida??

Just trying to prepare myself :-)

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using DISBoards

I admit I do look at people's footwear and have seen all kinds of things so no, you will not look awkward wearing Uggs at Disney World. You name the shoe and I'm sure I've seen it at Disney World. From six inch heels to those shoes that look like socks, it's been worn at Disney World.

We just discussed this at my moms group tr other day. Some of them wear them - others can't fathom wearing them in Florida no matter the weather. I can't wear them period as they don't have any support - but I say if you want to them go for it! It has been chilly here!

I wore them in December 2010 for almost our whole trip. But it was also in the 20s and 30s most of our trip.

When I went down to Disney this past December 15th, we had beautiful weather so I didn't pack my ugg's as I checked the weather prior to going. But if the weather forecast had been for cold weather, I would have worn my ugg's as they are so comfy and warm.

I've seen people wear uggs in non-winter weather/months. in winter weather/months uggs are fine. :)

Although you won't need Uggs (come on, it's central florida), I have seen people wearing them in past years. Im sure you'll look fine! :)

People definitely wear them here and this morning i wish I had then as I was walking the dogs.... It was 38 and will only get to about 60 for a high!

I think Uggs would be fine for the parks, especially in January! However, I recommend a pair of backup sneakers in case it rains; it would not be fun to walk around in soggy boots! :laughing: I have made the mistake of wearing boots in the snow, and the result was very wet and cold! ;) Hope this helps and have a great trip! :thumbsup2

If the temps are cool, pack 'em. I've worn them when we go down during the winter, and my sister has been known to pull them out even when the rest of us are braving less than optimal temps with flip flops. They're comfortable, and that's what counts. Would I wear them in April or July or September? Of course not. But right now, with evening temps just as cold as a warm day here in CT, you better believe I'm packing Uggs and my North Face jacket!

The ironic thing about Uggs is that they were created in Australia. Surfers would put them on when getting out of the water because the fur inside helped loosen the sand and absorb the water from their feet/lower legs. So, their initial intent was actually never for cold weather use. Probably why they are so delicate and stain so easy in the snow. Anyway, I think you will be fine if you decide to wear them.

My DD wore hers one trip. Ended up with Plantar Facsitis. They may be comfortable for short walks, but all day at WDW? Wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks everyone! Uggs to Florida it is! I'm also going to bring my flip flops and Converse.... just in case
B-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts