A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Glad you've gotten some improvement in your bothersome symptoms (numbness, itching, etc.) I'm rooting for you to make it to Wine and Dine this year (as long as your injury and training allow!) :thumbsup2

Ugh your ink burn stuff looks so good. I avoided it because I was telling myself it wouldn't look good off the site. It looks amazing. There goes more of my money.
It looks even better in person...the room I took those pictures in always puts a yellow-ish glow on any of my pictures. :)
I see you putting W&D down on your races, I hope you end up doing it. I'm still pretty undecided which is bad because the time to know yes or no is right around the corner.
Yep...I am bound to have a good Wine & Dine experience at some point after having it go somewhat poorly for me twice. :) And you're right, not much time left to decide!! Just about 1.5 months until registration!
I love you back and positive about things. I can't wait till you're in racing shape!
Thanks! Same here. :) Glad to be back and on the mend.
Glad you've gotten some improvement in your bothersome symptoms (numbness, itching, etc.) I'm rooting for you to make it to Wine and Dine this year (as long as your injury and training allow!) :thumbsup2
Me too! The improvement is definitely encouraging. I'm hoping Wine & Dine works out this year too...I am thinking that it will as long as I am healthy enough to train for it! :) Which would mean I'd want to be ready to start training by early August, I guess...and that seems realistic to me, I think.

I finally got myself on the INKnBURN mailing list (because I love getting emails about things I can't afford), so I saw that Roses pattern - it's so beautiful! (I actually also liked the Miko tights, but I didn't like the shirt). And those unicorns you got are awesome - especially that leaf one!

I love all the new Dooneys ... especially the DCL one. That pattern is awesome!!
Although really, sometimes your posts make me sad that I can't buy all the bags. I mean, I probably wouldn't use the Dooneys much because I'm guessing they're leather and I try to avoid leather whenever possible, but ... I WANT ALL THE PURSES!! Really. So many awesome purses!

I'm glad to hear that everything is improving. And yay for plans to get back to the runDisney! Hopefully this year will be the year that Wine & Dine doesn't have some sort of crazy associated with it ... maybe.

Just finished catching up on your thread. I hadn't read since December...that was a rollercoaster! I'm thrilled at your intentional approach to healing and wish you the best. As usual, even your down times are worth reading because they totally describe the running experience, and especially the runDisney experience!!

Always an inspiration:)

I finally got myself on the INKnBURN mailing list (because I love getting emails about things I can't afford), so I saw that Roses pattern - it's so beautiful! (I actually also liked the Miko tights, but I didn't like the shirt). And those unicorns you got are awesome - especially that leaf one!
I really like the Miko tights too, but I just can't bring myself to buy them. I think I'm concerned they wouldn't go with many tops? Only solid colors, I guess...but I definitely like the tights. I'm with you on not liking the shirt, I like the pattern on the back, but the lady on the front doesn't really do it for me.
I love all the new Dooneys ... especially the DCL one. That pattern is awesome!!
Although really, sometimes your posts make me sad that I can't buy all the bags. I mean, I probably wouldn't use the Dooneys much because I'm guessing they're leather and I try to avoid leather whenever possible, but ... I WANT ALL THE PURSES!! Really. So many awesome purses!
I love the cruise pattern. It's so whimsical and fun!
I'm glad to hear that everything is improving. And yay for plans to get back to the runDisney! Hopefully this year will be the year that Wine & Dine doesn't have some sort of crazy associated with it ... maybe.
At the rate things have been going, it probably will! I have not been having the best luck lately, and the weather has been awful 2 years in a row for that race...part of me wonders if the race is cursed, but the more optimistic side of me thinks it's due to have a good year. :confused3
Just finished catching up on your thread. I hadn't read since December...that was a rollercoaster! I'm thrilled at your intentional approach to healing and wish you the best.
A rollercoaster is right. It's been a rough end to 2015 and a rough start to 2016 for me. And it continues on...my sideview mirror got knocked off my car this morning. Not a great start to the week! :headache:
As usual, even your down times are worth reading because they totally describe the running experience, and especially the runDisney experience!!

Always an inspiration:)
Thanks. :) I think it has been helpful for me to have this thread to use to vent, because I don't want to pile all of those sad/bad feelings on to Mr. A (who has been awesome through this, of course). Eventually I'm hoping that these back issues won't be such a big part of running for me, but I guess I'm just not there yet!

It sounds like things are definitely on the mend. Just continue to be slow and methodical in your approach as you improve. I know how tempting it gets to do more as you start to feel better and then you end up back in trouble again (I speak from experience here :( ).

What the heck with your sideview mirror?

It sounds like things are definitely on the mend. Just continue to be slow and methodical in your approach as you improve. I know how tempting it gets to do more as you start to feel better and then you end up back in trouble again (I speak from experience here :( ).
I am definitely doing better, but I have never been a patient person so I am frustrated that progress seems to have slowed down. I'm trying not to be too whiny about it. :teeth:

And I am TOTALLY trying my best not to rush things, but yeah, it's tempting! I will say that the super cold weather we have been having has helped me not to miss running outside TOO too much...
What the heck with your sideview mirror?
Ugh, so this was my fault - I was driving in to work this morning and this person behind me was a little close to me. I saw some construction barrels coming up on my right that were sort of in my lane, and I really should have slowed down and gotten over into the next lane to avoid them. But I let myself get distracted/rushed by the person behind me and just thought I could sort of creep over to the left in my current lane to avoid the barrels...NOPE. I clipped a barrel and now my mirror is hanging by a wire. I was hoping I could pop it back in but it looks like the clips that hold it in got broken off, so I'm pretty sure something needs to be ordered/replaced. I'm hoping they can just order the bottom plastic part and not the entire mirror (because the mirror itself seems fine) but I'm preparing myself for the possibility that they won't be able to just order the one part. And that I'll be driving around for a week with a dangling mirror like a really cool person. Fun! :headache:

"I'm preparing myself for the possibility that they won't be able to just order the one part. And that I'll be driving around for a week with a dangling mirror like a really cool person. Fun! :headache:

Or the awesome person who used duct tape to re-attach it? That will work for a bit, so you can still use it. Sorry about the troubles but glad you are doing better. The plan of deferring PDC but doing the 5k seems like a really good compromise.

Ugh, so this was my fault - I was driving in to work this morning and this person behind me was a little close to me. I saw some construction barrels coming up on my right that were sort of in my lane, and I really should have slowed down and gotten over into the next lane to avoid them. But I let myself get distracted/rushed by the person behind me and just thought I could sort of creep over to the left in my current lane to avoid the barrels...NOPE. I clipped a barrel and now my mirror is hanging by a wire. I was hoping I could pop it back in but it looks like the clips that hold it in got broken off, so I'm pretty sure something needs to be ordered/replaced. I'm hoping they can just order the bottom plastic part and not the entire mirror (because the mirror itself seems fine) but I'm preparing myself for the possibility that they won't be able to just order the one part. And that I'll be driving around for a week with a dangling mirror like a really cool person. Fun! :headache:

Annnnd this is 100% something I would do.

Goodbye Money! Harvey's for Disney Couture and Disney Dooney & Bourke (More Balloons, WDW 40th Anniversary and DCL Sketch)

That's right, more Dooneys...even though I said I was done. In my defense, I have been good about sticking to the in-and-out rule (as in, I can only buy a new or new-to-me bag if I sell enough to cover the cost)...so these bags were part of some switcheroos. ::yes::

Yes, I know...I have issues. :o

Anyway...first item is not a bag, it's a wallet. A few weeks before our trip, Mr. A and I met up with his parents for lunch. They had just traveled to WDW over Thanksgiving weekend (sidenote: they are retired. Had I known they were planning to travel over that weekend - no one told me until they were very close to leaving - I would have STRONGLY encouraged them to pick a different time to go, but I digress). Anyway...my sweet MIL had picked out a Dooney for me! A sketch wristlet. And I am the worst gift receiver ever, because I knew right away I was going to return it (I didn't tell her that, though). :guilty: I have mentioned before, and will mention multiple times in this post, that I don't trust the quality of the newer Dooneys. And I almost never use wristlets...so as bad as I felt, I was planning on returning.

She had included the receipt for me, which said I had 30 days to return - and the day we were due to check in at Disneyland was 30 days exactly. So after arriving and checking in at PPH, we headed to The Vault at Downtown Disney to return the wristlet. I received a merchandise credit and turned right around to use it on this...a Harveys Disneyland 60th Anniversary Poster Wallet!

24245972430_438134998b_z.jpg

Harveys doesn't seem to put out a ton of stuff that really grabs me (which is fine...because if there's one thing you can take away from this journal, it's that I DO NOT NEED MORE PURSES!!!), but this wallet is perfect for the parks. It's durable, since it's made of seatbelts, and with the detachable wrist strap it's really easy to carry around. I was able to fit my phone and a chapstick inside, in addition to cash and cards and stuff, and didn't end up bringing any kind of bag into the parks that week. Super convenient - and I just love the poster design. It's so classic!

24433217742_65928b0b28_z.jpg

Now...on to the Dooneys!

FIRST...let me mention the Dooneys I DID NOT buy - the Princess Half Marathon weekend Dooneys! When I was telling a friend that I had deferred GSC, she pointed out to me that had I done the Dooney pre-order, I wouldn't have been able to cancel said pre-order...so I would have lost at least $200 since I wouldn't be at the expo to pick up the bag. :faint: This is something I hadn't thought about and I am SO GLAD I didn't pre-order! I most likely wouldn't have anyway since the print wasn't released before I decided to defer (and there was no way I was going to drop that kind of cash without seeing what I was paying for first) and I really don't trust the quality of the newer Dooneys (this could be like a drinking game...take a drink every time I mention I don't like the newer Dooneys! :drinking1)...but still. Bullet dodged. ::yes::

Anyway...the bags I DID get are older, retired styles. Now that I think of it, I'm to the point where of the bags I do have, only one of them is "new," as in, produced sometime in the last 6-12 months (the Haunted Mansion satchel - because that print is perfection).

Bag #1 is the Black Balloons Drawstring (produced in 2010-2013):
24245974260_d94b461c8e_z.jpg

It's sort of an odd shape (and one that, along with my other 2 new bags, Dooney doesn't seem to produce in Disney prints anymore...lately they have been sticking to the same 3-4 styles for Disney), but it's another perfect Dooney print, and it holds a lot of stuff. I was lucky to find this one in like-new condition, and it wasn't crazily-priced at all. Really not that much more than retail. Win! :thumbsup2
24541508475_929515f9d7_z.jpg

Bag #2 is one that got away from me a few years back, and I'm VERY happy to have it now - the Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary Bucket (produced in 2011...obviously as that was the 40th anniversary of WDW):
23914705963_75e6ebf533_z.jpg

Back when these bags were originally available, I wanted the bucket...but I went back and forth over it for too long and by the time I decided I wanted to actually buy it, that particular silhouette was sold out. Sadness! I loved the print so much that I decided to try a different bag in this print - the Kristin tote.
400001607282.jpg

I actually ended up selling this one on eBay because it was so awkward to carry (the handles are smaller than they look in this picture, so the bag was right up in my armpit - always where you want a nice purse to reside, am I right? :crazy2:). It's funny because people on the Dooney Facebook groups FREAK OUT over this particular silhouette (the Kristin), and I just sort of hated it. Different strokes for different folks.

Anyway, I finally got my bucket...almost 5 years later. I actually "know" the person I bought it from (I recognized her from another message board I used to frequent) and I know she takes good care of her stuff and is a genuinely good/nice person, so that made the buying process easier for me. The bag itself is almost perfect - just a small mark on the leather clasp. And like the balloon bag, I didn't pay much over retail for it. Really I don't think I could find it for much less than what I DID pay, so I'm pleased.
23914709463_608b488511_z.jpg

I bought these first 2 bags 1-2 months ago, and like I said, the Harveys wallet was from returning the wristlet I got as a gift. They have been hanging out in my closet with their siblings, and I thought I was ACTUALLY done...but then...the splurge.

In the interest of full disclosure, this particular purchase was partially fueled by feelings of, "I got a promotion with a significant raise, #treatyoself!" and "I hurt my back and had to defer GSC and I'm feeling sorry for myself! Wahhh!!" --> I realize the second point isn't great, but back in 2009 - the last time I significantly injured my back (falling down stairs at home...fun times!) - I ate my feelings, so to speak, and put on 20-30 pounds over the course of a couple of months. o_O So while retail therapy may not be the best way to "cope" with being sad and all of the other bad feelings that come with an injury/deferring/not being able to run, I'll take that over emotional eating. What can I say, I'm keeping it real.

This is a pattern I've been wanting for awhile, but as it's another retired print (produced in 2012) made even more rare because it's a cruise print, these bags can get insanely expensive. I just saw a weekender (which is sort of like an overnight bag) in this print sell on eBay for $1,000! :faint: Yowza.

I did not get the $1K weekender...I got this tote:
24459186351_d6a950bde7_z.jpg

And if I'm being totally honest here...it did make me a little less sad, receiving this in the mail. :)

This bag is HUGE. The person who was selling it posted lots of pictures (including one of her wearing it), but somehow I didn't realize how gigantic the bag really was until it arrived at my house.

It's in really excellent condition - there is one area on the side where the white part is yellowing (very common, unfortunately) and one area on the back where there was a red mark, likely from the strap. I knew about both of these things before buying, so I was ready when the bag arrived. There's nothing that can be done about the yellowing - it's just something that happens with this type of fabric as a bag ages - but I'd read a tip on one of the Facebook groups that marks on bags can sometimes come off using an eraser, so I had a pack ready to go.

Here's the mark when I received the bag...you can see it (the red line) near Pluto and Goofy:
23917887154_8c7f6a3910_z.jpg

And here's the bag after I went to work with the eraser! :yay:
24459182571_4dfe6470d9_z.jpg

It took more elbow grease than I expected, but it was totally worth it. The bag looks practically brand new! And that red streak likely knocked the purchase price down, and it only cost me about $3 to fix it. Woohoo!

I'd like to say I'm totally done buying now - I THINK I am - but we all saw how well that worked out the last 2 times...:ssst: :rolleyes:

Continued in Next Post

The bags are super cute & I'm happy to hear your self-serve PT is starting to work a bit for you! Hopefully all your hardwork will pay off and you'll feel as good as new before you know it!!

Or the awesome person who used duct tape to re-attach it? That will work for a bit, so you can still use it. Sorry about the troubles but glad you are doing better. The plan of deferring PDC but doing the 5k seems like a really good compromise.
THE MIRROR IS TEMPORARILY FIXED! A technician at the dealership yesterday figured out some solution so that it's attached (not even noticeable that anything is wrong) but I'm still getting it replaced on Friday.

Thanks for checking in, I am definitely on the mend, but also definitely leaning toward pushing PDC to next year. It's the right call, I think.
Annnnd this is 100% something I would do.
:rotfl2:
The bags are super cute & I'm happy to hear your self-serve PT is starting to work a bit for you! Hopefully all your hardwork will pay off and you'll feel as good as new before you know it!!
Thanks, I hope so too! Definitely happy to be seeing some improvement! :)

0126160848.jpg
I am definitely doing better, but I have never been a patient person so I am frustrated that progress seems to have slowed down. I'm trying not to be too whiny about it. :teeth:

And I am TOTALLY trying my best not to rush things, but yeah, it's tempting! I will say that the super cold weather we have been having has helped me not to miss running outside TOO too much...

Oh noooo! I backed into a friend's car last year. Insurance paid for the damage to her car, but mine goes to a deductible, so it became a low priority. So now I'm one of THOSE people with a seemingly tiny repair that's harder and more expensive than it looks. Nothing tests your internet research skills like shopping for compatible auto parts!
0126160848.jpg

View attachment 147555

Oh noooo! I backed into a friend's car last year. Insurance paid for the damage to her car, but mine goes to a deductible, so it became a low priority. So now I'm one of THOSE people with a seemingly tiny repair that's harder and more expensive than it looks. Nothing tests your internet research skills like shopping for compatible auto parts!
View attachment 147555
Ugh! That stinks! :mad: That's the worst when a seemingly simple fix just lingers...

Once I looked at it more closely my mirror was worse off than I originally though - NOT a simple fix, and that wasn't even the guy at the dealer trying to get more money out of me or anything - I could see that I needed to replace the entire mirror, which was disappointing. Oh well. I am due for an oil change and new tires, so that'll be an expensive day, but my car has been super good to me (75,000 miles and almost zero problems so far) so it deserves some TLC. :)

Thanks for checking in, I am definitely on the mend, but also definitely leaning toward pushing PDC to next year. It's the right call, I think.

So, you know ... if you defer PDC ... and then run Marathon weekend ... you can get BOTH C2C medals at PDC in 2017 under the new C2C rules.

I mean, just sayin' ...

#BlingOnBling

BACK 2 Good - Week 3 update

This little journal of mine is gonna get REALLY boring for awhile (as it has been for the past couple of weeks)...I apologize for that but hey, I gotta do what I gotta do!

Monday: more lifting! It was fine.

Tuesday: Treadmill walking day...today I decided ahead of time that I was going to do 18 minutes on the treadmill with no running. I ended up going an extra 37 seconds to get to 1 mile exactly. My calf hurt in the beginning, but it felt better as I kept walking. Also, nerve pain aside, I continue to wonder how people walk entire runDisney races and stay until the 16:00/mile pacing requirement. The ability to walk fast will always be a mystery to me.

Today was also my follow-up appointment with the spine guy (I'll call him Dr. Spine...probably more respectful than "Spine Guy")...more on the below. Overall this was a really good day for me, leg-wise. Made me feel a lot better about how my recovery is going. :)

Wednesday: more lifting! It was...okay. Sort of a down day for me overall. Leg is a bit more sore today (definitely at its worst in the morning), and some of the info for this year's Princess Half weekend is starting to come out...so it's hitting me all over again that I won't be there this year. :( Of course I am going to go ahead and combat those sad feelings by doing a bit of planning for my future runDisney trips. Disney planning is always happy. :)

Thursday: Treadmill walking day! Planned on 20 minutes of walking. I did the first 10 minutes at 3.2 MPH (18:45/mile pace) and then for the second 10 minutes, I alternated between 3.2 and 3.3MPH (18:10/mile pace). Speedwork? :upsidedow I tacked on an extra 30 seconds at the end to make it to 1.1 miles. Just like Tuesday, I had some pain in the beginning and by the end I felt way better. I am definitely finding myself excited to do the walks. They're boring, but I feel like I make real progress during them, and feel much better for the rest of the day, pain-wise.

Then I got home and found these cuties waiting for me from The Bow Mama...I'd ordered them while we were in California. :( Sigh. I'll just put them away for next year!

24642947121_1d6187e8a0_z.jpg

Friday: Had to take my car in for an oil change, new tires, and to get the passenger side-view mirror replaced...and since I was there anyway, why not throw in some new wiper blades and a new battery?! :faint: What fun! It's hard to stomach dropping significant cash on a car, but my car (a 2009 Civic) has been pretty good to me, so it deserved some TLC. I was able to take my work with me, so that's a plus. And I had a punch card for the oil change, so I got that for free...so yay?

Between the car stuff and work, no time for working out today. :(

Saturday: Big day...my doctor suggested adding fartleks to one of my weekly walks and said it would probably be easier to do it not on a treadmill, so today was fartlek day. Besides being fun to say, fartlek (per RunnersWorld.com) "is Swedish for 'speed play.'" It's sort of like unstructured speed work - running at a faster speed for a short amount of time.

Before going outside to fartlek (hee hee) I did my lifting workout that I'd missed the previous day. This went pretty well, but trying to do the motion of a deadlift is still painful. I did 2 sets of 10 with no weights (which is the most I've done so far...so basically I just tried to bend forward from standing), but it still didn't feel great.

After that, the walk. It was in the 50s today! Wheeee!! (Yep, the return of the driveway selfie...for better or for worse!)

24620921321_9e95af3ca1_z.jpg

I was instructed to do 8-10 fartleks at some point during my walk, so I walked for 10 minutes (which felt REALLY good - it did not cause me any pain and I was so happy to be outside! :yay:), and then the fartleks began. I did 8 total, and basically just "sprinted" (relatively speaking) from one driveway to the next. The first 4 went well, but starting with the 5th one I began to feel some pain. Not excruciating, but it was there. And it was a little discouraging because through all of them, I could feel that I was sort of dragging my left leg along. :( It still feels like my heel cannot pick up properly or something. Anyway...I did my 8 and then walked for the remainder of the 25 minutes.

24688212616_8d7a7cd860_z.jpg

The pace spikes are the fartleks...the low one must be when I stopped to turn around?
24087586993_e9b650f918_z.jpg

As usual, I'm trying to focus on the positives of this, but it's hard to ignore the negatives. It just felt SO unnatural whenever I would try to run. It made me think I have a long way to go. :(

Sunday: total rest day, though I kept busy doing errands and stuff. I’ve been forgetting to do my back exercises a lot this weekend...not sure if that is good (because it means my leg is bothering me less) or what.

Tuesday was my follow-up appointment with the Dr. Spine, and he seemed happy with my progress. Unfortunately my MRI images weren't available for us to look at - I'm not sure if they should have been loaded into the system, or if I was supposed to have the physical scans with me, or what...neither of us were pleased about that (seems like I should be able to see those scans since they are...you know...ME). After my appointment I talked to Nurse Princess Craiggy (sidenote - he's moving to Boston this week. WAHHHHH :sad:) and he said it's weirdly hard to get copies of scans from any hospital, so I'm not sure I'll ever get to see them. :mad: Harrumph. Anyway...Dr. Spine did have a technician report to go on, and from that report he could definitively say that I don't need surgery. I sort of thought we had established that at our first appointment, so it was surprising that it was still a possibility. :eek: Or maybe he was just saying so as extra confirmation. He asked me how the running was going, which was something else that was surprising to me. I gave him the update that I hadn't been doing any for the most part, and that I'd deferred Princess weekend, but that I have been lifting and walking. He basically said to keep on doing what I am doing, and even recommended adding 8-10 fartleks to some of my walks (see above). His big concern was that I would experience muscle spasms at some point, so he prescribed me a muscle relaxer to keep on hand in case that happens. I haven't had any yet and I REALLY hope to not have any in the future! He said he could tell right when he came into the room that I was in a much better place, both physically and mentally, compared to my first appointment. He seemed surprised that the numbness had improved already (another sidenote: it hasn't really improved at all this week)...at first he was almost concerned because he said such a fast improvement made him think that this wasn't actually a spine issue, but the MRI report confirmed that it actually is. Not sure what to make of that. :confused3

It was mostly a good visit, with a few exceptions...

1. He mentioned that the nerve pain could hang around until late March/early April. I'm not sure whether I think that's a crazy long time for recovery, or a crazy short time? I guess it sort of feels long...but I'm trying not to bank on that time frame too much, because who knows what could happen - my recovery could end up being significantly shorter or longer than that, so I don't want to lock in on a date. But as I've said before, I'm not a very patient person, soooo...:upsidedow
  2. Related to (1), he recommended bagging yoga until late March and said that stretching probably wasn't going to feel great for quite awhile, so if it hurts, don't do it. That's definitely disappointing - I miss yoga! - but sort of a relief that he recommends not doing it. Now I don't need to feel guilty about skipping.
  3. I like this guy a lot, but he definitely throws a lot of info at me quickly. I need to focus better on every word he's saying because I feel like I come out of the appointment not totally remembering every detail. Mr. A suggested bringing a notepad or something next time in the hopes that spine guy will see that I have it and am writing and will slow down a bit. I can definitely call with any questions, though.
  4. Related to (3), I forgot to ask him some big questions I have (what started all of this? Once I recover, do I need to keep doing PT or does it just stay away? [Think I know the answer to that one…] When I can *really* start running again? etc.). I want to be better prepared for next time, so as questions pop up I'm going to add them to a note in my phone. I'll probably have a novel!
You would think that "when can I run again?" would be concern #1, but from how I feel, I know I am not there yet. When the appointment started and spine guy was assuming that I'd just kept running since my first visit, he said he could prescribe me something that would help the pain while running, which I turned down. So I guess that means I COULD be running now if I wanted to? :scratchin

Maybe this makes me a bad runner or makes it seem like I don’t love running as much, but I don't want to run again until I have minimal or no pain - somehow it doesn’t seem like a good idea to start back up again if I can't do so without painkillers. Especially after doing the fartleks yesterday and having my heel/leg feel so weird, like I had to drag it through. Maybe in a couple of weeks...we'll see. I go back to spine guy on March 9.

Other random updates...

I mentioned that I bought a Club INKnBURN membership over the holidays...well, my Black Box has arrived! :banana: I got an email with a tracking number on Wednesday night and it didn't actually move at all (per the tracking) until Thursday. I'm now in 3 INKnBURN groups on Facebook - 2 fan groups and one group that is just for club members - and I REALLY wanted to avoid spoilers, but by the time the box arrived I knew almost everything that was in it and had seen pictures (silly me for thinking people would stick to the "spoilers" threads on Facebook...:sad2:). Next time INKnBURN does a surprise item (I'm assuming they'll hold tradition and do one for April Fool's Day) I'm just going to avoid Facebook entirely. :rolleyes: Sigh.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've been doing decently well with trying to declutter by selling stuff on Facebook and, to a lesser extent, eBay (I know that seems hard to believe considering how much I love to shop, but it's true. :teeth:). I finally sold a couple of pairs of INKnBURN capris I've been trying to unload for about a month now after figuring out my correct size, along with quite a few Raw Threads shirts and a Disney Dooney (the 2015 Flower & Garden bag). I also sold my Garmin Forerunner 220 and FitBit Change on eBay, since I don't need those now that I have my Forerunner 230 (which I still love). The FR220 went for more than I expected, and the FitBit went for about what I expected. The sale prices of both of those almost completely paid for my FR230, so I am pleased about that. ::yes::

And lastly, I found 4 old Dooney & Bourke threads here on the DIS, so my favorite time waster lately has been reading back through those threads. The first one was started in 2009 when Dooney & Disney first started collaborating, so it's been fun - and funny - to read through and see people's reactions to new bags being released and whatnot. Example: people were not fans of the white balloon print that I love so much when it was first released. I even read a post saying that it looked "cheap" - eek!! :eek:

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Status on upcoming races (1/31)...

So after that follow-up with Dr. Spine, I have definitely made some decisions about upcoming races...

Local 10-mile race: not happening. No refunds for this one, so I'm just going to take it off of my calendar and forget about it.

Tink weekend: Once the link goes live, I'm going to defer my Pixie Dust Challenge entry to next year. However, I AM planning on doing the Never Land 5K this year. I mentioned to my mom that I'm deferring my longer races to next year and said something like “I guess you'll have to go to Disneyland with me again!” And she was like “OK!!” So I hope she likes it and actually DOES decide to go again next time. Fun fact: the last time she went to Disneyland, I was 17 months old (obviously I don't remember that trip)...pretty sure a lot has changed over the last almost-30 years! She said she'd dig out some old pictures, so that'll be fun to see.

Local half marathon: not happening. There IS a 10K attached to this race weekend, so if I make some sort of miraculous recovery, I could transfer my entry to the 10K, but I am not counting on that.

Local fall 10K race? In my limited research (1 Google search so far) I have found 1 10K race in my area in the fall (late September). It seems like a possibility but I’m not sure if it’s too soon?

Jingle Jungle 5K/Wine & Dine Half Marathon: Still planning on this for this year. :) Assuming I have the nerve pain under control by mid-late spring, I should be good to start training for this.

I have some other thoughts beyond JJ5K/Wine & Dine, but I’ll save that for a later post when I have a better idea of when I’ll recover. :)

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
I feel like those 13.1 ears are too cute to be put away. I say treadmill walking counts as mileage and every time you hit 13.1 total you should wear them up on that ol' dread mill. Unless u go to a gym and then maybe that'd be too crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter