A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

OMG, I was having this problem on my long run last weekend! My hair isn't super long but past my shoulders and I usually put it in a high ponytail and wear a visor. But it kept hitting my shoulder on one side and annoying me. I tried to tighten it and it ended up hitting my other shoulder! I seriously considered just cutting off all my hair for a pixie cut! But then I figured I would just have other issues lol! I am not coordinated enough to braid my own hair. I actually went to cosmetology school while I was in high school and can braid pretty well - just not my own hair! Glad it worked for you! :)
I TOTALLY know what you're talking about.

I'm thinking about trying a sock bun at some point - it seems like an ideal solution...hair is up, out of my face and totally off of my shoulders. I guess it would take some practice to make it look good. I've done these before (not for running) and don't love using an actual sock because it can get a bit heavy, so I may get one of these donut things at the store. They're mesh and seem like they would be a little more lightweight. :confused3
Great training report and congratulations on starting to see your speed return to pre-injury normals. Glad you survived the time with Mr. A away ;) and that you and Archie are no worse for wear. I agree that sometimes those short little mini-vacations away from each other can be good. Archie looks pretty darn comfy on your race shirt blanket.
Thanks! I actually do get nervous when he's gone..it sounds SO ridiculous but I double- and triple-check window and door locks and all that. And Archie likes to misbehave when Mr. A leaves, but this weekend he was mostly good (probably thanks to camp and some longer walks knocking him out - hence passing out on the blanket :)).
Happy Birthday, Animal Kingdom. AK is my favorite park (even though I know a lot of people don't love it), so while I'm excited about expansions, I kinda worry it will make it too popular. But, I actually did like the movie Avatar pretty well, and the shots I've seen of the expansion as it's being built look pretty spectacular. After my disappointment in seeing the New Fantasyland expansion, I'm really hoping Disney does a great job on this one and enhances my beloved AK.
I think AK is my favorite park too, but I haven't been there much recently with all of the construction. I'm with you - I am worried about it getting "too popular" as well! I'm trying hard not to look at pictures of the new show or concept art or anything like that...I want to be surprised. And yeah, I should probably see the movie before I (continue to) judge the decision to have Avatarland in the park. ;)

Sounds like a pretty good week! Yay for getting your pace close to pre-injury on Thursday's run ... that's really amazing! I'm so impressed!

The hair stuff was definitely interesting for me to read, since my hair is starting to get long (and I have no plans to cut it any time soon). Back before my last haircut, I used to put it in a tight bun at the beginning of the run ... and by the middle of the run, the bun was no more. So I definitely need new ideas. I'll have to try braiding it to see how that works.
But yeah, long hair problems.

Also, I love that you and Mr. A have separate interests. There are some couples out there that do everything together, and I don't understand how they don't kill each other. Time apart makes you less likely to kill each other when you are together.
Or so they tell me. I've never been married, so what do I know?

Oh man I have accidentally turned off the treadmill a few times during a run (wearing that clip thing that attaches to the magnet that powers my treadmill on and accidentally swiping it off, or like you meaning to pause it but pressing stop or running like a crazy person and my arm flails mid-swing into the stop button... I am obviously a crazy Phoebe-like runner lol). Anyway there is nothing worse mentally than trying to guess how far I was. I'm glad you at least knew the distance you ran when you pressed stop!

Oh and nightmares are seriously the worst! I mean as an adult you feel like you should be past them, but they are still so disorienting and horrible feeling when they happen!

Congratulations on your good pace on your Thursday run! That really is so exciting, and just shows the hard work you have put in!

And I love your braid/pony! I have long hair and always do a pony, but sometimes have my hair pulled up on my head gives me a headache, so that is great option!

Sounds like a pretty good week! Yay for getting your pace close to pre-injury on Thursday's run ... that's really amazing! I'm so impressed!
It was a good week! I'm definitely having more good than bad right now, which is nice. :)
The hair stuff was definitely interesting for me to read, since my hair is starting to get long (and I have no plans to cut it any time soon). Back before my last haircut, I used to put it in a tight bun at the beginning of the run ... and by the middle of the run, the bun was no more. So I definitely need new ideas. I'll have to try braiding it to see how that works.
But yeah, long hair problems.
I feel so silly even mentioning it (because normally all I talk about is clothes :upsidedow) but yeah, it's been an issue for me for awhile now. I got excited when you said you put yours in a tight bun - because ideally I would LOVE to be able to put mine in, like, a perfect ballet-style bun - but I see that you too have difficulties with buns. BLECH! My yoga teacher wears hers in a bun, I may need to ask her how she does it.
Also, I love that you and Mr. A have separate interests. There are some couples out there that do everything together, and I don't understand how they don't kill each other. Time apart makes you less likely to kill each other when you are together.
Or so they tell me. I've never been married, so what do I know?
I don't get it either. One of my coworkers has her husband right here in the department - they don't work on projects together, but they're like 2 rows away. I don't think I'd like that either - a little separation isn't a bad thing!
Oh man I have accidentally turned off the treadmill a few times during a run (wearing that clip thing that attaches to the magnet that powers my treadmill on and accidentally swiping it off, or like you meaning to pause it but pressing stop or running like a crazy person and my arm flails mid-swing into the stop button... I am obviously a crazy Phoebe-like runner lol). Anyway there is nothing worse mentally than trying to guess how far I was. I'm glad you at least knew the distance you ran when you pressed stop!
I have done that too, with the safety key thing! ARRRG!

"The One Where Phoebe Runs..." haha!!
Oh and nightmares are seriously the worst! I mean as an adult you feel like you should be past them, but they are still so disorienting and horrible feeling when they happen!
Seriously!! So awful! :( Normally my bad ones involve someone chasing me and wanting to kill me (??!)...this one it was someone that had broke into my house. Whyyyyyy?????
Congratulations on your good pace on your Thursday run! That really is so exciting, and just shows the hard work you have put in!
Thank you! :) I am proud of myself!
And I love your braid/pony! I have long hair and always do a pony, but sometimes have my hair pulled up on my head gives me a headache, so that is great option!
Thanks! The only thing I don't love about the braid is that it can sometimes look poofy, so I tried to make it tight and avoid the poofiness. The hair will take some experimentation, for sure. :scratchin

I have run with buns, as I have fairly long hair. For me personally I put it in a ponytail first (which I don't if I am doing a bun, for regular stuff) then wind it tightly with bobby pins, more than normal. It is nice to have hair off your neck when it is really hot.

I have run with buns, as I have fairly long hair. For me personally I put it in a ponytail first (which I don't if I am doing a bun, for regular stuff) then wind it tightly with bobby pins, more than normal. It is nice to have hair off your neck when it is really hot.
Thanks for the input...I have a lot of layers in my hair so I am not sure that bobby pins alone would keep everything neat and tidy. I got a donut thing for it so I'm going to try that out tomorrow. :)
OK, so I had to go look up a video of that Phoebe running one. A classic Friends episode and one I love to watch. Chris, my DH, and I joke all the time about running like Phoebe.
giphy.gif

:rotfl2:

MERMAIDS!!!

Okay, so INKnBURN just posted their new release...dying over this one. This may be as excited as I've been for something of theirs to come out!
dkNnsYOJfE-Ad3owmY0QSKDSf1WCEvcpSc70mZtSSRwREspWQ_aJO_WBwbkc0MYtvYPVK_jDR3scZrSeyfpfZlKAQfq6-rCR-NSSz_Q2bZPsVsB3FbsF493_mdhv83bfzx4K1W0L8vCJ_C_19skPjkzD3yDgSjGpo2E2Yoc=s0-d-e1-ft

I mean, really. Abalone Singlet
ecrAJiVbWAAPf-R7KTbRaeTDf6vhUR4YhO5D3kbXc1wIDyzzr3KPnEeC7pCBvhdmn6Gkz_aojL3eLUMLNNaUKkmvIMjSHKhcJwBCOdcqlMPi2bK-ZOXvy5c2f2FdHz5eZ67OAwt8ug1xFlyBvIjGQ6G18NaNM0u4TDNUmbU=s0-d-e1-ft

This Women's Abalone Singlet incorporates the amazing colors found in those beautiful shells. Tough on the outside and beautiful within, the abalone represents solace, the greatness of the oceans, a life of beauty, peacefulness, and delight. Perhaps because these are some of the things you feel when looking at the amazing colors and patterns that seem to soothe like the sound of the sea.

And MERMAID CAPRIS!!! :hyper: I mean, look at my username. I ordered these so fast I swear my keyboard was smoking once the order was processed!
OU_o9zPUXd9PVm0X7bvAXcHMOGxjd0UlZkoGYEvOflBS44HzFywjlddwnpPJsFs5f16oVfql2vEBns_bMz-Zm409d8lxAKwkMNttP1TV6FtwbTOsI6hAorO8DFSRjE1gjasOKKMC9Bj47CUXo0YGTE7qSiSelKl4BcrNKcM=s0-d-e1-ft

Our Mermaid Capris were inspired by the mysterious sirens of sea lore, that represent wild freedom, a rebellious spirit and ferocious independence (they can never be contained and frequently avoid settling). Since we apply the art by hand to each panel on all our apparel, the colors on these capris change depending on where the scales lay on your body. Notice the subtle pinks on the hips and outer calves... and, how the scales get smaller toward the bottom. We always adjust our art for each size so, our clothes look great on ALL the sizes we sell. And, with colors so vibrant, they almost look iridescent in the sunlight. Be sure to checkout our signature camouflaged pocket on the right thigh, perfect for storing your iPhone or sea shell comb.

LOVE. So obviously this is one of my outfits for Princess Half Marathon weekend...just need to decide which race. :teeth:

They also came out with this men's tech shirt - the Samurai! I think this one is so cool!
M_Samurai_Tech_Shirt_Front__96505.1460080621.1280.1280.jpg

I just got my shipping email for the Mermaid kit - so excited for this one!

For real though...
13087507_10153332007456292_6291753736825947025_n.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Sounds like you had another pretty good week. Way to go. :thumbsup2

My husband is a teacher, so I totally get the lack of time off (though he gets 3 personal days...1 seems harsh!).

Oh, what happened with Wine & Dine?! ;) haha, just kidding. I was the same way, I had to complete a 5K before trying a 10K, 10K before a 10-miler, etc. I needed that mental boost, so I totally get what you're saying!
Yeah, I hate it. I mean, I can't complain too much, because I get summers off, but there aren't runDisney races in the summer! And what's even worse is classroom teachers in my district (which I am not) have different benefits than me, so while they still only get one personal day a year, they can roll theirs over if they don't use them in a school year (only up to having 3 at one time) while mine is use it or lose it. :confused3 Sometimes I would rather work year round and have a little more flexibility with time off.

Oh, you didn't hear? I guess it was easy to miss what happened. :laughing:

New INKnBURN!!
I'm kinda meh on the singlet, but the capris ... I had to talk myself out of buying them. I don't have any money, I have no idea what size to get ... but I really wanted them anyway. They are AMAZING!!!!!!
(The only thing that stopped me from buying them is the fact that it's kind of a waste to buy cute capris if I'll be wearing a skirt that covers them anyway. One day when I stop being weird and start running not in skirts, I'm gonna regret not getting these. But that day (if it ever happens) is very far away, so hopefully I'll have forgotten the capris by then.)

Seriously!?!?!?! I just got Ella and my water shorts and I swore I was done for a while but those freaking mermaid capris. I'm dying here. I already know I'll end up surrendering and buying them. Im not sure on the singlet yet. I usually don't run much in singlets but those capris would go with plenty other options.

Darn you, InknBurn.

Sounds like you had another pretty good week. Way to go. :thumbsup2
Thank you! :)
Yeah, I hate it. I mean, I can't complain too much, because I get summers off, but there aren't runDisney races in the summer! And what's even worse is classroom teachers in my district (which I am not) have different benefits than me, so while they still only get one personal day a year, they can roll theirs over if they don't use them in a school year (only up to having 3 at one time) while mine is use it or lose it. :confused3 Sometimes I would rather work year round and have a little more flexibility with time off.
See...I'm not sure I could handle the summers off. It would be sooooo hard for me to go back to work after that much time off!

I think about the flexibility a lot with my job vs. Mr. A's job. Sometimes I get a little jealous of him getting a week for Spring Break and Christmas break and the odd day off here and there for whatever, but then I remind myself that I can take PTO whenever I want. And I don't have to grade or make lesson plans in the evenings. Teaching is no joke. Luckily he likes it and is good at it. I hope you find a better scenario that makes you happier! :(
Oh, you didn't hear? I guess it was easy to miss what happened. :laughing:
Oh yes, and did you know that it rained a little bit in 2014 (when I ran it)?! No, didn't hear about that one??? :rofl:
New INKnBURN!!
I'm kinda meh on the singlet, but the capris ... I had to talk myself out of buying them. I don't have any money, I have no idea what size to get ... but I really wanted them anyway. They are AMAZING!!!!!!
The singlet took a bit to grow on me - once I googled Abalone and saw how spot-on the art is, and once I made a few collages with other bottoms that I have - it was a no-brainer. I think it'll go with a ton of stuff!

The capris, right away I was like:
26384557880_198d84cfd4_z.jpg

(The only thing that stopped me from buying them is the fact that it's kind of a waste to buy cute capris if I'll be wearing a skirt that covers them anyway. One day when I stop being weird and start running not in skirts, I'm gonna regret not getting these. But that day (if it ever happens) is very far away, so hopefully I'll have forgotten the capris by then.)
It's not weird if that's what you like to run in and what you think looks good, and what is comfortable (in my opinion). :)
THOSE MERMAIDS PANTS THOUGH :love::love::love:
RIGHT?! I may have squealed. I sent a picture of them to Mr. A and he said, "little mermaid fans all over the world just exploded." I think he meant "their heads exploded" because that's basically what happened to me. :teeth:
Seriously!?!?!?! I just got Ella and my water shorts and I swore I was done for a while but those freaking mermaid capris. I'm dying here. I already know I'll end up surrendering and buying them. Im not sure on the singlet yet. I usually don't run much in singlets but those capris would go with plenty other options.
Yeah, every time I think I'm done for awhile, they put out something newer and more awesome than the last thing. I'm, too, am dying over those capris. :faint:
Darn you, InknBurn.
because who needs money, right??
Wow those mermaid capris are sooooo beautiful!!
I agree! I wonder if my employer will be okay with me wearing them to work?? :scratchin because LOVE.

RIGHT?! I may have squealed. I sent a picture of them to Mr. A and he said, "little mermaid fans all over the world just exploded." I think he meant "their heads exploded" because that's basically what happened to me. :teeth:

I'm literally still in awe of these leggings- like- nearly swayed to purchase in awe! Currently looking up a sizing chart...someone hold me back!!! I'm with Mr. A- Little Mermaid fans rejoice! This would make a fantastic Ariel inspired costume.

I'm literally still in awe of these leggings- like- nearly swayed to purchase in awe! Currently looking up a sizing chart...someone hold me back!!! I'm with Mr. A- Little Mermaid fans rejoice! This would make a fantastic Ariel inspired costume.
I am soooo excited for them! Actually thinking about ordering a back-up pair.
Those mermaid capris might have just swam right on into a shopping cart of mine. :rolleyes1

Let's consider it a celebration gift from me to me for registering for Goofy. :)
That's a great gift! And good call, apparently they are moving pretty quickly!

When I got the Ink&Burn email yesterday....I just knew that you would be writing about it. Oh and purchasing of course!!
Seriously, it is super cute! :woohoo:

Those mermaid capris might have just swam right on into a shopping cart of mine. :rolleyes1

Let's consider it a celebration gift from me to me for registering for Goofy. :)

Ok, this just cracked me up ZellyB!! :rotfl2:

When I got the Ink&Burn email yesterday....I just knew that you would be writing about it. Oh and purchasing of course!!
Seriously, it is super cute! :woohoo:
It's seriously my favorite thing from them in quite awhile - definitely my favorite thing they have released this year. The colors are just SO me, and obviously since Ariel is my favorite princess, I had to have them! :)
Ok, this just cracked me up ZellyB!! :rotfl2:
That @ZellyB!! She's a good one. :)

See...I'm not sure I could handle the summers off. It would be sooooo hard for me to go back to work after that much time off!

I think about the flexibility a lot with my job vs. Mr. A's job. Sometimes I get a little jealous of him getting a week for Spring Break and Christmas break and the odd day off here and there for whatever, but then I remind myself that I can take PTO whenever I want. And I don't have to grade or make lesson plans in the evenings. Teaching is no joke. Luckily he likes it and is good at it. I hope you find a better scenario that makes you happier! :(

Oh yes, and did you know that it rained a little bit in 2014 (when I ran it)?! No, didn't hear about that one??? :rofl:
It's nice at times, and I do enjoy the weeks for Christmas and Spring Break, but yeah, I too am not someone who needs my summers off. It definitely does make it hard to go back and I'd love to have more flexibility with my time off. And yes, teaching is no joke for sure. Like I said, I'm not a classroom teacher (but originally wanted to be and am certified for it) so I'm not under the same demands, but I'm seeing it firsthand and having second thoughts as to whether it's what I want to do. I guess we'll see what happens. I'll be doing some soul searching this summer for sure. And I'm not alone - my state is having a big rise in teachers leaving the profession even when they aren't close to retirement age and there's a decline in enrollment in education programs too. It's sad. :(

It rained for Wine and Dine in 2014?!? You don't say! I'm still not sure which year had it worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter