A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Wow, I can't believe all the drama at the race! I'm still looking at Princess 2017 to be my first big race - but that kind of crazy is a little disappointing. Especially since I'd probably be racing by myself (husband does not run, and I don't know anyone else into Disney enough to race with me). But most of the people I saw through Facebook seemed to have a good time - so I think it would still be a pretty awesome experience.

Congratulations on 11 years :) That's wonderful! And I'm glad that you seem to be getting better, even though I know it is really frustrating not to be doing something that is so much a part of your life and routine :/

I'm probably a slow healer or at least that's how my current injury seems to be, so hopefully you'll be better quicker! My piriformis injury seemed to be a lot better during Dopey, but after I got home some pain and the lower back pain from it started up again. If I sit too long it starts to hurt since something pushes on that sciatic nerve. So, what I found is Disney helps injuries since I'm up and walking all day, so I have to make myself now take extra walks during the day like I'm at Disney, and it seems to really help.

Oh and I started following inknburn on facebook thanks to your posts and their stuff is sooo cool, I just haven't bit the bullet to buy anything yet, but it seems so nice.

I definitely get what you're saying about not being able to run ... for the first few weeks you understand that you need to heal, but then you're over that and just want to start running again. Hang in there. You're making good progress and you'll get there soon.
Thanks. I'm trying!!
This Princess drama was crazy. And I tend to be clueless, so I probably don't even know all of it. But seriously. At least the weekend is over and now people can focus on next year's race weekend ... which hopefully will be less insane.
I hope so too! I was so excited for it this year, and then I started to try to get myself excited for next year...but that has been dampened a bit!
Wow, I can't believe all the drama at the race! I'm still looking at Princess 2017 to be my first big race - but that kind of crazy is a little disappointing. Especially since I'd probably be racing by myself (husband does not run, and I don't know anyone else into Disney enough to race with me). But most of the people I saw through Facebook seemed to have a good time - so I think it would still be a pretty awesome experience.
I said this elsewhere, but I'm choosing to think that the "crazy" is what is making "news" because it's so nuts...but at the same time it's really a few isolated incidents? We hear less about the good things that happened because it's not as good of a story. That's what I'm trying to tell myself.

Princess was my first half marathon back in 2011, so it does hold a special place in my heart...it will for you too if it's your first half! :)
Congratulations on 11 years :) That's wonderful! And I'm glad that you seem to be getting better, even though I know it is really frustrating not to be doing something that is so much a part of your life and routine :/
Thank you!! :lovestruc

Yeah, the lack of physical activity is starting to get to me now. ARG!!
I'm probably a slow healer or at least that's how my current injury seems to be, so hopefully you'll be better quicker! My piriformis injury seemed to be a lot better during Dopey, but after I got home some pain and the lower back pain from it started up again. If I sit too long it starts to hurt since something pushes on that sciatic nerve. So, what I found is Disney helps injuries since I'm up and walking all day, so I have to make myself now take extra walks during the day like I'm at Disney, and it seems to really help.
:sad2: It's frustrating, isn't it? Sitting for a long time is the worst. Maybe my doctor should prescribe some Disney to me. ::yes::
Oh and I started following inknburn on facebook thanks to your posts and their stuff is sooo cool, I just haven't bit the bullet to buy anything yet, but it seems so nice.
:teeth: Happy to enable!! I need them to release some more new stuff soon, I've managed to restrain myself and pass on a few things lately...:eek:

FIRST RUN!!!

Y'ALL. Seriously great morning over here!
25121316251_5620d02e5b_z.jpg

1.5 miles in 20:13...13:29/mile pace

On Sunday I decided I couldn't take it anymore - I was going to attempt a run TODAY. It was both exciting and nerve-wracking, and possibly a stupid idea - what if I un-did all of the healing that has happened over the past few weeks?? My palms were actually sweating a bit as I started up the treadmill this morning.

Originally I planned on being super conservative and doing :10/:50 intervals like I've been sort of doing lately - I thought I'd then build up from there. But the treadmill took over 10 seconds to actually get up to my chosen running speed (5.5MPH, 10:54/mile pace) so once it actually got there...I just kept going. That first running interval ended up being 1:30 and it felt awesome!! :)

After that I walked for a minute (3.3 MPH...I forget what pace that is) and ended up sticking to 1:00 running/1:00 walking intervals. It felt stiff at times, and my foot still feels weird from the numbness...but mostly it felt pretty good. And the best part - NO PAIN!! :banana: I'm pretty sure that is the happiest I have ever been during a treadmill run! My calf felt a little sore right after I was done, but 2 hours later I think that is totally gone.

I am just SO EXCITED and SO HAPPY right now! I want to tell everyone - "I RAN TODAY!!!" :goodvibes

Before the run...just rolled out of bed and excited to RUN!! :)
25188229326_dba4caf496_z.jpg

(INKnBURN Healing Mandala racer - one of my favorites!! I needed the good karma!)

I feel like this thread has just been full of me complaining and whining for awhile now, so it kind of feels good to post something GOOD. I'm not sure just yet what I'll be doing for the rest of the week, but this is a good start! :)

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

Glad you were able to run today! That's a huge step in your road to recovery, especially mentally. I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to do something you really love doing.

Glad you were able to run today! That's a huge step in your road to recovery, especially mentally. I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to do something you really love doing.
Thanks John! That's exactly what I said to my husband when I texted him this morning - that I think it helped my mental state more than anything. I was definitely nervous that I'd re-injure myself or something, so getting the first one done feels great!

It has definitely been a frustrating time for me, but I think I have learned a lot from it. :)
Fabulous news! Glad the intervals went well, and I love that tank top! :)
Thank you!! I am too! And I love the tank too!! :lovestruc

I already saw this news on instagram, but it's great to see it here too. I'm so excited for you - this is a huge step and I'm so glad you were able to run today!

I already saw this news on instagram, but it's great to see it here too. I'm so excited for you - this is a huge step and I'm so glad you were able to run today!
Yeah, I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted to tell everyone. :teeth: Thanks!!

party:Yahoo!!!! This is great news. So happy you got the chance to run again. Sounds like it went really well.

YOU RAN! That's awesome.

Also, I don't understand wanting a medal but then cheating to get it??? Like, I wouldn't display a Miss American crown in my home if I didn't win it...or like a bowling trophy if I didn't bowl??? Right? I mean, you can get really elaborate and nice Christmas ornaments at the shop in the Magic Kingdom if you are just looking for something cute and shiny and disney themed. The medals to me represent that I did something, tried something, worked hard for something. I don't mind that 20,000+ people also get the same medal bc it's a shared "we did this together"...but I do mind if someone doesn't start or cheats and gets one.
(for the record I lusted over the hot chocolate 15k medal BAD this year but I only signed up for the 5k (no medal) because I just knew I was not trained for the distance yet...even if I had gone slow I was just not ready. But I can tell you a bunch of ways it seemed pretttty easy to get one of them medals...but I would never...because now I'm training ALL YEAR to race that son'a'b this Fall and earn it.)
Ok...steps off soap box.

Onto funner things...er...more fun things!
I stayed at Bay Lake Tower for the marathon weekend. And it is pricey! So this is just my review and I cannot compare it to any other hotel for rundisney since I have no other data.
The ME busses stop at the Poly, GR & WL first and Contemporary/BLT last. Just for timing sake. If we had no stroller under the bus I would have totally hopped off with my carry-on at the poly and mono-railed over to the Contemporary.
I asked for a "high room" even though I had standard view because I read the standard views only go so far up the building. And to get a good theme park view you needed a room at least on the 3rd-4th floor or up. So that worked out and we got a castle view at the standard price. Your mileage may vary.
The walking path to the MK was my FAVORITE thing about the weekend. It sounds like UGH walking when you are at a race weekend BUT...standing around for a mono-rail or bus can be just as UGH. I'm in the "keep those legs moving" camp and the idea that I could just walk home or walk to the park was really nice. Our speedy walkers took 5-7 min.
Don't monorail to MK...You are the last stop around the big loop.
DO monorail home from MK if you want to. The Contemporary is the first stop.
The expo bus was not bad for my race (monorail not available at the time) BUT we lined up early and the busses were being shared with WL and GF and were filling at the other places first. It took awhile for the bus people to realize they needed to send empty busses to us and skip the other two places. No idea if that was a fluke. I was still there way in time to be in the front of my corral.
There are A LOT of places to watch fireworks from BLT and Contemporary if you don't want to brave the parks or don't get a castle view room.
Mono-rail to Epcot is nice...but you still have to switch from resort line to Epcot at the TTC. Just an FYI. I'm sure you know that...you are more veteran than me.
There is a little market at the Contemporary right near the bridge to BLT on floor 4. Don't worry about Amazon/Garden grocer if you don't plan on getting a ton of groceries. We just grabbed bagels and water and etc there and the upcharge was still less than whatever $14 fee garden grocer would have charged.
Balcony + late night + wine = love

Ok, that's all I got.

Ok edited because I talk/type too much and I thought of more.
The Wave is MEH. But the little Contempo Cafe near Chef Mickeys is a pay and then get a beeper and they bring you food situation. The flatbreads are amazing and they have beer there. And you can get it to go back to your room. We utilized this place several times.

YOU RAN! That's awesome.
THANKS!! YAY!
Also, I don't understand wanting a medal but then cheating to get it??? Like, I wouldn't display a Miss American crown in my home if I didn't win it...or like a bowling trophy if I didn't bowl??? Right? I mean, you can get really elaborate and nice Christmas ornaments at the shop in the Magic Kingdom if you are just looking for something cute and shiny and disney themed. The medals to me represent that I did something, tried something, worked hard for something. I don't mind that 20,000+ people also get the same medal bc it's a shared "we did this together"...but I do mind if someone doesn't start or cheats and gets one.
(for the record I lusted over the hot chocolate 15k medal BAD this year but I only signed up for the 5k (no medal) because I just knew I was not trained for the distance yet...even if I had gone slow I was just not ready. But I can tell you a bunch of ways it seemed pretttty easy to get one of them medals...but I would never...because now I'm training ALL YEAR to race that son'a'b this Fall and earn it.)
Ok...steps off soap box.
Seriously, I don't get it either. Like, what are these people going to do with the medals now?

I'm a member of another message board where I no longer post, and I remember one time someone came into the running section saying that they wanted a Goofy medal...not that they actually wanted to do the challenge, but that they like collecting Goofy stuff, so where can they get the medal? I thought that was so weird (and a few people jumped down this poor guy's throat - I still think it was a weird but I don't think he knew what he was getting into!).
Onto funner things...er...more fun things!
I stayed at Bay Lake Tower for the marathon weekend. And it is pricey! So this is just my review and I cannot compare it to any other hotel for rundisney since I have no other data.
The ME busses stop at the Poly, GR & WL first and Contemporary/BLT last. Just for timing sake. If we had no stroller under the bus I would have totally hopped off with my carry-on at the poly and mono-railed over to the Contemporary.
ARG. Thank you for reminding me of this - I totally forgot about the bus sharing situation at the MK resorts. I stayed at the Grand Floridian for Marathon Weekend in 2013 and thought it was freaking ridiculous that those resorts share buses. Also ridiculous that the Epcot resorts share. HMM...
I asked for a "high room" even though I had standard view because I read the standard views only go so far up the building. And to get a good theme park view you needed a room at least on the 3rd-4th floor or up. So that worked out and we got a castle view at the standard price. Your mileage may vary.
Woohoo, way to wheel and deal! That's awesome!
The walking path to the MK was my FAVORITE thing about the weekend. It sounds like UGH walking when you are at a race weekend BUT...standing around for a mono-rail or bus can be just as UGH. I'm in the "keep those legs moving" camp and the idea that I could just walk home or walk to the park was really nice. Our speedy walkers took 5-7 min.
I'm with you, walking as much as possible is best, in my opinion!
Don't monorail to MK...You are the last stop around the big loop.
DO monorail home from MK if you want to. The Contemporary is the first stop.
I actually did know this from our GF stay (MK is the first monorail stop after GF). :teeth:
The expo bus was not bad for my race (monorail not available at the time) BUT we lined up early and the busses were being shared with WL and GF and were filling at the other places first. It took awhile for the bus people to realize they needed to send empty busses to us and skip the other two places. No idea if that was a fluke. I was still there way in time to be in the front of my corral.
Yeah, I remember taking the expo buses from the Grand Floridian...we definitely stopped at Shades of Green and Wilderness Lodge, from what I remember...
There are A LOT of places to watch fireworks from BLT and Contemporary if you don't want to brave the parks or don't get a castle view room.
Ooooh...that sounds nice.
Mono-rail to Epcot is nice...but you still have to switch from resort line to Epcot at the TTC. Just an FYI. I'm sure you know that...you are more veteran than me.
I do remember that from our GF stay. :thumbsup2
There is a little market at the Contemporary right near the bridge to BLT on floor 4. Don't worry about Amazon/Garden grocer if you don't plan on getting a ton of groceries. We just grabbed bagels and water and etc there and the upcharge was still less than whatever $14 fee garden grocer would have charged.
That totally sounds better than Garden Grocer! :thumbsup2
Balcony + late night + wine = love
:love: Yeah, that sounds amazing. Maybe I can get someone to sneak me into the Top of the World Lounge, too!!
Ok, that's all I got.
Thank you!! Super helpful!
Ok edited because I talk/type too much and I thought of more.
The Wave is MEH. But the little Contempo Cafe near Chef Mickeys is a pay and then get a beeper and they bring you food situation. The flatbreads are amazing and they have beer there. And you can get it to go back to your room. We utilized this place several times.
I agree with you on The Wave...we had breakfast there in 2014 for Wine & Dine. The food spread was decent but our server was not, from what I remember. Contempo Cafe - SO WITH YOU on that one, that place is a hidden gem!! Excelelnt cupcake selection, too. :)

Thanks again for your review!!

Ok I ammend my medal thing due to your post on the "goofy collector guy."

If it is the year 2066 and some "american picker" type guys are rummaging through a barn of old collectibles (will people still have barns then?) and come across this wonderful display of "americana"...then yes, please buy my run medal and display it as an artifact of life in 2016.
haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter