U-G-L-Y, You Ain't Got No Alibi. Your Bedspread's Ugly.

HUGE difference, right?

Now for The Bad. Sorry OKW-lovers, but I have to call it out. Remember that "Miami Vice" look we were talking about earlier?

Well...

OKWbedspread.jpg

He is wearing sunglasses. :cool2: And NOT because he's cool, but to protect his eyes.

When I saw this picture, I just assumed that it was really, really old. I just googled around to find that these are the current beds. I have heard so many wonderful things about OKW, but the bed frames are terrible (not to even mention the coverlet). It looks so cheap, like a third rate cathouse. Wether they are your style or not, every other headboard/bedframe in the DVC resorts looks substantial. These look so flimsy!

ARE those bedspreads & blankets WASHED @ WDW after EACH & EVERY guest??? Some hotels do not wash the "ugly" bed speads & blankets, only the sheets!!!!!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1: Please someone tell me THEY DO!!!!
Any "mousekeepers" on this thread who can assure us???:confused::confused:

I'm not a mousekeeper, but the answer to your question is no, they don't wash the bedspreads between guests. Which is why many people take them off of the bed, and put them in the corner.

I have a quick question of my own: Can someone tell me if the spreads at CSR are down filled or not? During our stay there in March I couldn't tell if they were or not, so I put mine in the corner, as I am highly allergic to down. I thought I was better safe than sorry, but I would still like to know if I needed to do that or not.

umm, no. i'm pretty sure this pic is more current:

100_1562.jpg

Yes, the dark headboard is right. I still liked the lighter headboard they had before but the overall colors are easier on the eyes verses what was there just a year or so back:
1384621.jpg

but the new version is still a TON better than whatever/whenever that other iteration of decor was taken :rotfl:

Yes, the dark headboard is right. I still liked the lighter headboard they had before but the overall colors are easier on the eyes verses what was there just a year or so back:
1384621.jpg

the first pic with the blue/green bedspread (with pink accents) is of the king bed in the 1BRs. your pic is of the pink/grape bedspread in the studios.

the downside of timeshares like OKW is that they are on a specific refurb schedule so if the stylist lays an egg, you're still stuck with it for a while. and (admittedly) it's a fine line between being authentic to the theme of the resort (first half of the 20th century key west) and looking tacky to modern sensibilities...

here is an updated pic of the studios at OKW:

IMG_5398.jpg

I haven't gone through the thread yet (but I will!) but I just wanted to say - I am the same way! I am planning my trip to Disney and the CSR has the best bedspreads in my eyes. They are beautiful (the teal ones!!) but I saw a few pictures of yellow ones - and I'm tempted to put on my reservation that I request a bed with the teal bedspread. :lmao:

OMG, I love this thread!!! :rotfl2: The only thing I am dreading about our upcoming BCV stay is the bedspread. I planned to take it off the bed completely and stick it in the closet. I was actually contemplating asking at the front desk if I could borrow a duvet spread. But I figure they will say no. But it can't hurt to ask!

We are going for three this month:goodvibes and we are bringing our duvet..it will flatten down to nothing ...so off the bedspread goes as soon as we enter! We also bring our pillows:rolleyes1..takes away a little of the vacation feel but better than trying to keep ds off the whole time:sad2:!

This thread is great! I often wonder why Disney builds such beautiful hotels and then decorates the rooms so hideously? The bed spreads kill me!!! We stayed at CSR in April and it was so much better! I hope that trend continues!

Ok so i seriously did not know that they DONT wash the bedspreads inbetween guests!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1: Somebody please please tell me this is just some icky rumour :lmao: as Im actually thinking about asking them before I get there to make sure they wash ALL covers in the room before i get there haha.

Actually when we was ta AKL in 2010 my oldest threw up all over the bed so we then had to take off the covers and let him sleep on the other bed which he did exactly the same again!well at least that was a sure fire way of getting CLEAN WASHED bedspreads :rotfl2:

Imagine how many accidents happen they MUST wash all the covers surely:confused3

Oh and Yep If i can i choose my Hotel based on how nice the whole room look and that includes the darn bed covers!:thumbsup2

Good to know, Charles. I checked on the official Disney site, assuming they would have current pictures. I guess not. The old style bed is the first one under the "Rooms" tab. I wonder how many other people were turned off by the outdated photo.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/old-key-west-resort/

I've always wondered why Disney doesn't update their website after rooms are remodeled. Some of the footage used in the DVD's is really old too!

I just stayed at Old Key West for the first time since 2008 and NEW BEDSPREADS!!! They're much nicer than the dated looking pink ones, but not as nice as the soft comforters at Bay Lake Towers. But prettier actually.

556440_10150933795212894_1185344601_n.jpg

this is Studio villa 5524 in building 55 at the end of South Point Road.

i just came across this thread and it's the best thing i've seen on this board i think!! hilarious! i'm subscribing, i hope people keep posting!

In case you haven't seen, WL has done away w/their previously hideous bedspreads. :thumbsup2

Let's hope Disney keeps going in this direction.

Here's my pic from July.

2012-07-25002037.jpg

Mousemommy1 said:
In case you haven't seen, WL has done away w/their previously hideous bedspreads. :thumbsup2

Let's hope Disney keeps going in this direction.

Here's my pic from July.

Lovely! But was there some kind of a runner? It looks a little unfinished otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How doth thou THEME a room? Let me count the ways. 1. Bedspread 2. The bead spread on the other bed 3. The bedspread they put back on boffo dem beds the next day.

Whip doses off! Put on that big fleece blanket widda SAINTS logo on it an use the theme thang for under your doe ta keeps the hall NOISE out.

I always never do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter