U-G-L-Y, You Ain't Got No Alibi. Your Bedspread's Ugly.

The total worst one on Disney property is the one at POR in the Mansion section. It reminds me of my great grandmothers house. It is beige and has rose and navy blue flowers all over it. It is by far the worst Ive ever seen. I did not take a picture of it b/c I took it off the bed as soon as we got in the room.

Umm... I think this resort is supposed to remind you of your great-grandmother's house... that is... if she lived in the south 85-100 years ago on a plantation and had ugly bedspreads! :rotfl2:

Here is a picture of the POR bed from the Mansions:

DSC_0833.jpg

This is such a funny thread! I'm glad other people think the same way I do! For my DH and I, "no kids" vaca, I had the choice of any resort on WDW property. After looking at lots of pictures, I picked CSR because of the new and modern bedspreads and additional comfy pillows on the beds. :cool1::thumbsup2

This is the best...I'm actually thinking about staying off property...just because I have a comforter phobia!!! :rotfl:
CSR looks to be about best...but I really wanted the Pirate Room for my son...uhhh...i dunno...:confused:

Umm... I think this resort is supposed to remind you of your great-grandmother's house... that is... if she lived in the south 85-100 years ago on a plantation and had ugly bedspreads! :rotfl2:

Yep, and it looks like we're going to be staying at Grandma's house for at least part of our November trip. :rotfl: Actually, we don't know yet whether we will get Alligator Bayou rooms or Magnolia Bend rooms. (I like the MB section better but the AB rooms better).

But at least the bedspreads go with the theming and match the room! We're staying off-property for the other half of the trip.

This is the best...I'm actually thinking about staying off property...just because I have a comforter phobia!!! :rotfl:
CSR looks to be about best...but I really wanted the Pirate Room for my son...uhhh...i dunno...:confused:

Sara I hope you don't choose to stay off property just because of this thread. :goodvibes As I mentioned in the original post, there are plenty of places off-site that are just as guilty of the ugly polyester spreads.

Here are a few examples from some really nice (and pricey) places!

From the Gaylord Palms (again, at least the colors are muted, but WOW). Since when was it OK to match a striped circus-themed bedskirt with a loud tropical spread?

GaylordPalmsroom.jpg

From the Polynesian Isles. GORGEOUS resort but once you open your door, you get this.

Polynesianislesguestroom.jpg

And then, from the Grand Beach Resort. It looks like the GF on the outside, the suites are gorgeous inside, then you get to the bedroom ANNnnnnnd :scared1:

GrandBeachResortguestroom.jpg

:lmao:

This is such a funny thread! I'm glad other people think the same way I do! For my DH and I, "no kids" vaca, I had the choice of any resort on WDW property. After looking at lots of pictures, I picked CSR because of the new and modern bedspreads and additional comfy pillows on the beds. :cool1::thumbsup2

Dr. M that sounds lovely :goodvibes When are you going?

I would love to do that sometime with my hubby but there are too many places I think he'd like to go besides Disney (just the two of us). However he is coming this fall with us on a big family trip and it might be the only time we go back to Orlando.

This thread is meaningless without a black light. :eek: ;)

Really, when you think about it, they DON'T change the bedspreads after each guest. I typically don't rip off the bedspreads when I stay at a hotel, but I sure understand why some guests do! :sick:

Nooooo! Don't stay offsite! CSR isn't the only resort with nice bedspreads. The Boardwalk, Beach & Yacht Club (but not the villas), and Contemporary all have nice, pretty, white duvet covers now too :goodvibes We just stayed at the Contemporary in May and their beds are wonderful!

Nooooo! Don't stay offsite! CSR isn't the only resort with nice bedspreads. The Boardwalk, Beach & Yacht Club (but not the villas), and Contemporary all have nice, pretty, white duvet covers now too :goodvibes We just stayed at the Contemporary in May and their beds are wonderful!
Just to add, yes the EPCOT area resorts now have the white covers, if you were thrown by the pics of these hotels on the WDW website, it's because they haven't updated them yet, lol :)

:lmao: OP, I'm sooo like you!! I definitely go through room pictures to help determine whether or not I stay there. Even though I don't really use the comforter, its still like ummm really, you couldn't update just a bit? I have yet to stay at CBR but I've seen pics ( non refurbished rooms) and lets just say that I'd rather not stay in a room that a flamingo exploded in.

room%20photo.jpg

Actually, I don't even really like the Nemo theme bedspread.

http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com/sites
/disneycaribbeanbeach.com/files/images/CarBeach1001.jpg

As much as I would love to try out CBR, I just can't get past the Nemo bedspreads! And the pirate theme rooms look equally awful! :lmao:

This is the new bedspreads at the Pop. This is after the refurbishment which is still going on. In this photo, you can really see the texture. It was a very course feeling. Not something you want to sit on. I think someone needs to go back to the linens drawing board ... maybe peek in at the CSR and then re-do this re-do.
40671_423760217893_674127893_4992537_282625_n.jpg

Pretty ghastly. I was looking at allears earlier and noticed how bad the blankets are in the rooms, and then I hit on this thread. How ironic. Staying at the Poly and we have giant turtles on ours. Yuck. I love turtles, I think they're adorable, I've even had a couple in my life, but these are terrible.

I'm not alone! :woohoo: We're looking into where to stay at Disney when we next visit and were considering AKL for the animals, but those bedspreads! I couldn't get past them. The Boardwalk bedspreads were very nice when we stayed there before, and some other ones are, but some - my goodness. :rotfl:

~LilMissDisney

Shleedogg + Dr. M

You are so not alone in the room selection criteria. I also look at the bathroom photos. I understand that with so many young guests, a shower curtain is better than glass doors where fingers can get caught, but some of the curtains induce "ahhh my eyes my eyes!" as well.

Throw in some fluorescent bathroom lighting and I'd wonder if I could just leave the lights off all the time. It'd be better as one of those infrared film paranormal investigations shows, "WAIT! Did you just see that?!!!! I feel a chill. Do you feel one too? Yes, that bedspread!"

This is the new bedspreads at the Pop. This is after the refurbishment which is still going on. In this photo, you can really see the texture. It was a very course feeling. Not something you want to sit on. I think someone needs to go back to the linens drawing board ... maybe peek in at the CSR and then re-do this re-do.
40671_423760217893_674127893_4992537_282625_n.jpg

Hey, where's Perry?

UGH you guys really care about the bedspread. It's the first thing that comes off the bed and goes into the closet when we arrive. Every since we had a room where there was a mysterious soiled spot and no it was not a stain, it was an unclean spread. We never no matter where we stay, we don't use the spread. It is easy to tell if the sheets are clean or uncleaned, but a bedspread is a different story so off it comes when we arrive.

Hey, where's Perry?

Oh... there you are Perry!!

Yes, whenever my DD8 would plop down on the bedspread... I would shout... "Off The bedspread!! you don't know where its been or who did what to do! yuck!!" The creative stuff the maid had done with the stuffed animals on the bedspread always seemed to draw that child right to the bedspread. I said if we want to sit on the bedspread, we have to stay at Coronado Springs! :rotfl:

OMG, I'm not the only one!!!!!

One of the reasons we bought into the BLT DVC instead of AKV? The bedding. :rolleyes1. I cannot stand ugly bedspreads, and the typical bedspreads in general. They just always seem so gross. They're not warm and they're scratchy and cheap feeling.

We're staying at BLT in Sept and adding on a few extra days on cash at another resort. I told DH the only mod I'd stay at would be CSR because of their updated bedding. I felt like a loon saying that, but now I don't feel so alone in the world :grouphug:

I love AKV, but their bedspreads are the gross kind and they're also UGLY!

25091_570692570793_44201769_33490720_2102035_n.jpg

I have that bedspread on my bed at home right now :confused3

I'm waiting for someone to post the picture of the old BW quilt that my mom had for a few years too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter