U 2 hot to trot, or walk, or ride rides or...?

Great pictures, I finally got to see you!! I am loving that you are surprising your daughter. I am so sorry about the losses your family has had to endure. Great prices on the airfare, free is good :rotfl:.

I can't wait to see where you end up stay, we have never been to SSR. Bill is too addicted to the Boardwalk area when we rent points.

I love your resort choices... It it definately my dream to some day own at a DVC resort, but I have come to the conclusion, that it probably won't happen until the girls are on their own, as all I will ever be able to afford is a studio for a week (or maybe a bit longer) - but it's so hard to justify since DH would not go with me - so this would definately be a selfish splurge... But it's my dream to stay at all of the above resorts you've mentioned and then some. LOL

I can't wait to see which resort you end up with.

Oh and I can't believe your flights worked out so perfectly! Awesome! That is going to be the most amazing surprise for your dd!

D~

Great pictures, I finally got to see you!! I am loving that you are surprising your daughter. I am so sorry about the losses your family has had to endure. Great prices on the airfare, free is good :rotfl:.

I can't wait to see where you end up stay, we have never been to SSR. Bill is too addicted to the Boardwalk area when we rent points.

Thank you. I was so happy with the free flights. I am one of those people that seldom get to actually USE the frequent flyer miles. I am always just short when they expire. And, I must admit, they are not totally free, as we had paid JB money initially for our lasts flight, they just credited us our own money back when the flight prices decreased. BUT, I'LL TAKE IT! Certainly feels like free!! We have only stayed at BW 2x. once when our older kids were very young. And this past time. Both times we love it, and I will certainly try to go back there. We keep saying we want to try every DVC resort on WDW property. But, they keep making more... :confused3

I love your resort choices... It it definately my dream to some day own at a DVC resort, but I have come to the conclusion, that it probably won't happen until the girls are on their own, as all I will ever be able to afford is a studio for a week (or maybe a bit longer) - but it's so hard to justify since DH would not go with me - so this would definately be a selfish splurge... But it's my dream to stay at all of the above resorts you've mentioned and then some. LOL

I can't wait to see which resort you end up with.

Oh and I can't believe your flights worked out so perfectly! Awesome! That is going to be the most amazing surprise for your dd!

D~

When first reading this I was going to list all the reasons YOU should buy dvc. Then I read about your DH not going with you (forgot about that). Guess that might be difficult to justify. Unless.... he did something like....buy a motorcycle. ;) You have been so forth coming in offering to help me about my old sewing machine (even if I haven't taken you up on it yet), if you ever want to "talk" dvc, just sent me a note. I would love to give you my honest input. Although, I am not nearly the expert some are around here.

Whew!! You were busy this weekend!! Great prices on the airfare! Any of those resorts sound lovely!

Your DD will be so excited to get to DIsney on her birthday!!! What a wonderful gift!

Whew!! You were busy this weekend!! Great prices on the airfare! Any of those resorts sound lovely!

Your DD will be so excited to get to DIsney on her birthday!!! What a wonderful gift!

::yes:: she will be so excited....if we can pull this off. Because of my disability I often do my updates in small segments on Word, then copy & paste them on the disboards when there is a decent update. Well, I was on word updating when nosey nelly came over. I'm pretty certain she didn't read it, but whew was that close. Plus one of the triplets is terrible at the whole secret thing. I can't tell you how many times he has on Christmas morning said thank you to me or DH for something Santa has given him. :lmao:

Now I take a break then log onto word to write more. Perhaps another update this afternoon. :surfweb:

Well, when I went over to start an update on Word, I became aware I had already started one. So, without further a due..

As I research each DVC resort DH & I teeter back and forth on whether to try a new resort or stick with a tried and true one. DD loved BLT, but after comparing those points to other dvc resorts they are are extremely high, and that would mean we would have less nights to stay. So DH & I decide that is out. 1 down 6 more to go. We look into BCV as we have heard wonderful things, we have never stayed there so it would make the trip a little extra memorable. But,. No ressies available for our time frame in a studio. 2 down. Now, we begin to compare a couple different point values as the other resorts are pretty much equal in interest. Some of the point values are pretty equal so we are able to eliminate OKW & SSR. Which means 4 down 3 left to decide from. Those 3 are BWV, AKL, and VWL. Tough call. We all very much enjoyed BWV. But availability is not there for the entire stay. VWL would be more for DH & my comfort not DD’s, so AKL is the choice. now if we can get AKL which building. Both have studios. So, with the help of the disboards I begin more research.
After reading on the disboards, figuring the exact dvc points it would take we have chosen……

okay, that was just mean.

AKV - Jambo deluxe studio. No guaranteed view of the Savanah, but disboarders mostly agree, most rooms have a decent view in the Jambo studio.

But, when I go to make the reservations....AKL Jambo studio. There is not one available our entire stay, so we waitlist. Before the end of the day, our waitlist has come through! YAY WE have AKV Jambo deluxe stsudio from August 20th-26th.:cool1:

So, on now to the flights home.
I decided to wait on the airfare, as there are no great deals. There is actually another reason I am waiting also. Well…2 others.
We live about in the middle of Logan airport Boston & TFG in Providence RI. TFG is about an extra ½ hour drive. We prefer and are more familiar with Logan. However, when I got the tickets we were planning on leaving our van at Providence long term parking. It is MUCH cheaper than Logan parking. The tix themselves were a few dollars/points cheaper, but very little. It was mainly the parking that was the deciding factor. sorry, but slightly :offtopic: However, as some of you may know… the day my Dad died :angel:(1 month ago) our mini van did as well. Apprx. $8000. Repair. My Dad owned a Mercedes Benz. His pride and joy. He had said on many occasions that car was to be mine someday. My brothers, DH, nephews, kids and I all laughed saying, “yeah, he is leaving it to the ONE that doesn’t drive so that the car is always prestine.” :lmao: I had not intention of accepting it. My brother or nephew have a great foundness for automobiles. To me it is a form of transportation. It should go to one of them. We were on the way home from picking up DS#2 from college, just hours after my Dad passed and our mini van broke down. 164,000 miles on it. We waited in the rain for hours for AAA, (a total of 4 ½ to be exact) to show up. Thankfully, I had called my 2 DB’s who had brought me Dad’s car. I called AAA who told me to leave the keys locked in the car & they would take care of getting it to our garage.(so actually, we waited 4 ½ hours and they still had not shown up!, but I digress) When my 2 DB’s got to us, my DB showed me that Dad had already signed the car over to me. :sad1: Very touching. Dated the day Dad had come out of ICU. When we all thought he was going to make it. But, Dad knew at best he would no longer be driving. So, long story short. We now own my Dad’s baby child. His Mercedes. (not that any of you probably care but, I did sign over 2/3rs of the book value of the care from any inheritance I may get to my 2 DB’s. although they both are trying to refuse it.)THAT will not be staying in long term parking. I can’t even get the heart to trade it in for a new mini van. Which is probably what we should own. Haha
Any way, back to our trip. Since I will not be leaving the MBZ in long term parking, we may as well at least come home to Logan in Boston. That being said, there are somewhat substantial price differences flying in on the 26th vs. the 27th. And by substantial I mean…if you x3 of us. Do you see where I am going on this????? :rolleyes1

Ooooh AKL!!! That sounds heavenly!!

How sweet of your dad to leave you his car, especially such a nice one!! I can understand not wanting to leave it in long term parking or wanting to trade it in.

So about the airline tix.......Oh boy so are you adding a night??? That's what I would do!!! No need to save money when you can just spend it at Disney right??

Ooooh AKL!!! That sounds heavenly!!

How sweet of your dad to leave you his car, especially such a nice one!! I can understand not wanting to leave it in long term parking or wanting to trade it in.

So about the airline tix.......Oh boy so are you adding a night??? That's what I would do!!! No need to save money when you can just spend it at Disney right??

My Dad dreamt of owning 1 of 2 cars all my life. One of which was a Mercedes, it really was so special to him. He would let anyone drive it, then he would just watch their expression. I got to drive it once before I got vertigo. He repeatly told DH he never saw him smile as big as when he was driving the Mercedes. It is bitter sweet. Honestly, I don't know how long we will be able to afford to keep it. We are used to paying about $30. for an oil change. This car cost us $84! That :drive: cuts into our Disney fund. ;)

AKL - I think DD will be very excited. I hope anyway. But, there is part of an update done.... one never knows what will happen. I am a resort/ADR changer at heart. ;)

Now, on with the PTR, when last I typed I left you all wondering if I would change flights.... I hope all of you were able to function in your daily duties and not be consumed by curiosity of what I would do. :scratchin because....

You will have to wait on that, &.
We have dining reservations to make first!
The plan was BOG for the first night. Chef Mickeys for the first breakfast. Other than that we didnt care if we got any other ADRs. We did have back up in case we couldnt get our 1st choices. But, I was up at the crack of dawn to get the BOG ADR. I logged on my computer, got all set, and&. No ADRs avail. WHAT??? Seconds after the ADR time frame opened. During what is NOT the super busy season??!! Okay, quick try for the next night&.. what? Why is the system not allowing me to make my ADRs for the +10 days??? I cant call because now DD is sitting right beside me. Great. I send a quick email. Nothing. I keep trying. Finally, when DD goes to school, I call. They inform me nothing is available. But keep trying. Huh? .I continue to try the entire day, figuring maybe the cm didnt realize the system wasnt letting you do the +10. The message of there not being a time available looked very similar to the message when it wasnt letting you +10 ADRs. And if I cant get in then probably no one else can either so I am still holding out hope. But, nothing. I try calling again the next day when the system seemed the same. The CM told me this has been an issue on line the past couple of days, but they can get through on there end. I had sent an email hoping someone would feel the pain of those of us that didnt/couldnt call right away, and open up additional times or something. Oh well. It is still a special trip. She will have plenty of other treats. I continue to try. I did get some nice ADRs.
We are usually a breakfast group. But, we are traveling a bit out of our comfort zone this trip, so:
20th First night  Teppan Eco this will be DDs bday. This is a first for us, but we have heard from friends it is a wonderful experience. Hopefully, she will find this enjoyable. We may end up switching this.
21st First full day  Chef Mickeys for breakfast. We have to start our 1st day at CM. It just wouldnt be the same.
21st evening (same night as CMs breakfast) we will eat at 1900 Park Fare. DD was very disappointed she missed the step sisters last trip, so we are hoping this will be special to her.
The 22nd  Ohanas for dinner. I have heard very very good things.
Lastly the 23rd Sanna at AKL  After researching, this seems to be a nice relaxing atmosphere, were it is possible to view the animals and the food is said to be very good.
We are planning on being in line early one day for lunch at BOG. We ate there last time & loved it. Im not certain which day this will happen. Who knows, maybe a couple! &fingers crossed.

I have a confession to make. :listen: I love to change plans. ...rooms, resorts, ADR's, flights, airports. So, it is very possible, no probable that the above ADR's will change. :confused3 it's an addiction.

I am feeling pretty good today. So, I thought I would get a lot done to get up to date on this PTR. Why do :laundy: ? right?

Back to the flights home. When last I wrote on this subject I discussed the difference of pricing between flying home on the 26th vs. the 27th. While pondering this situation, I am of course on the disboards. When one day there appears, like magic, and add for Universal Studios 3 night stay package. Hmmm…. Seems like a deal too good to be true. Maybe, I should just check it out. Yeah, I’ll just look at it. Sending my information for a “no obligation quote” is harmless, right? I send my information with the dates, August 26-29th. What’s the harm? They come back with an incredible deal. I ask if they can extend the deadline for down payment as I want to discuss it with my DH. They accommodate. DH is all onboard. Says it sounds like a great idea!!! I get so excited. We have only visited US 2x. And youngest DD has never been. And she is a big HP fan.
But, I knew it was too good to be true. :sad: DD will most likely begin school on the 28th or 29th. :( stupid school. YES that is me pouting. :( DH & I discuss going down a few days earlier, but then it won’t be the big surprise for her BDAY. Yeah, we could make HP the big surprise, but I just don’t think that will be as big a deal as a whole surprise trip to WDW. Plus, and this is a big plus, it would mean changing our flights down. Remember I already got those tickets. So, as it stands we will not be spending an extra 3 days in FLA. Maybe next time. I know I am spoiled pouting about this. I will get over it.

last update...
So, I am going along fine. Getting excited about our surprise trip. I can make bookmarks again, and door hangers, and ….TSHIRTS. I love making tshirts for our trips. I can pack her a special birthday goodie bag for the plane. OOOHHHH I am so excited again. DH is very happy to see me excited again. I have been missing a dear friend of ours who’s anniversary of his death was the 9th and the 1 month of my Dad today. I haven’t been excited lately. He is sooo happy to see me excited he says… “why don’t you email the superintendant of schools and just double check on the start date of the 2013-2014 school year. Huh? Hey…that’s a good idea. So I did. This morning. Honestly, I don’t expect a quick response. When I was trying to find the exact day of graduation when our triplets were graduating high school, it took me months to find out. GEESH. I understand it being difficult to say the last DAY of the school year because it can change due to snow days, but GRADUATION? Don’t you really have to prepare ahead of time for that? I was very surprised at how no one could answer that for me back in 2009. Hopefully, things have changed and I will get a quicker answer on this queston. Until then, I will wait to purchase our flights home.

Now, on another note. Not sure if I have mentioned that my oldest DD (turns 22 this month) has been dating the same (I used to call him a boy, but …) gentleman for 5 years. We are expecting a ring on DD’s finger withing the next year. Honeslty, I think as soon as she graduates college he will pop the question. We love him & his entire family. Last night when he brought her home, they came in and he said….”I would like to talk to you both about something”. Well, usually it is me who’s heart drops when I think “it” may be coming. But, I had spilled a hot cup of coffee down my chest earlier, and was in too much pain to think that clearly. DH however nearly passed out I think. HAHAHAHAHA Anyway, DDBF goes on to say, DD, he & his family were discussing having a joint family vacation to WDW! NICE! That would be very nice. Now, I begin to think. Hmmm… having both families in the most magical place on earth….that can be the most romantic place on earth. ….hmmmm what does he have up his sleeve? DD keeps saying no. She doesn’t want him to purpose in such a cliché place. But, I think she is trying to keep her expectations down. So, I ask….when? To which he replies, “probably not until after Jess (his sister who recently got engaged) gets married.” Okay, that gives us until….July….2014. I’m good with that!! Hahhahahahhahahaha It is possible DH & I are thinking more about this engagement than either DD or DDBF. Haha
After we get together and talk with his family about it, I will have to start a PTR on that trip. Maybe I should start it under a different name in case there are issues. Hehehe jk.

Well, I didn’t hear back from the Superintendents office yet. I did contact some other moms who seem to all believe it will be the 27th. Which means no adding days to the end of our vacation. So, I revisited adding a few days at the beginning of the vacation. I even called Jetblue to see exactly what it would cost to change all 3 tickets. Change the dates and the departure airport. And after all was said and done, it would cost us apprx. and extra $300. Rather defeats the purpose of getting the tickets for free. So, we will stick with what we have. Universal Studios visit will have to wait until next time. That just about gets me up to date on all our plans as of today. Next update will be my new Disney splurge purchase.

I am so sorry for so many posts all at once & they are so long. I hope I didn't bore you all to not follow along. I promise, that is not likely to happen again. I just wanted to get caught up before I forgot stuff. Now, I am about caught up.

So glad you got your ADRs... So did you ever get BoG? BoG seems to be so messed up - sometimes it's available and sometimes it isn't - Disney released it last month for our dates, I was lucky - I called in right when they opened... But other people that called later in the day were told that Disney released it that morning and "took it back"... So, I just got lucky that I called right away.

Hopefully you are able to get dd's start date for school figured out... We are kind of in the same boat - but thankfully we go back to school after Labor Day weekend. DH is a little irritated that we aren't going to the lake for LDW this year, but I told him that the girls and I are going to be too exhausted from our trip and I doubt we'll want to go anywhere. And besides - they will need that time to decompress after being away from home for so long, and get ready for school.

Yay - super excited about your 2014 trip too and the possible engagement of your dd... That must be such a wonderful thing. And how fun to plan a trip around it. Swoon....

D~

So glad you got your ADRs... So did you ever get BoG? BoG seems to be so messed up - sometimes it's available and sometimes it isn't - Disney released it last month for our dates, I was lucky - I called in right when they opened... But other people that called later in the day were told that Disney released it that morning and "took it back"... So, I just got lucky that I called right away.

Hopefully you are able to get dd's start date for school figured out... We are kind of in the same boat - but thankfully we go back to school after Labor Day weekend. DH is a little irritated that we aren't going to the lake for LDW this year, but I told him that the girls and I are going to be too exhausted from our trip and I doubt we'll want to go anywhere. And besides - they will need that time to decompress after being away from home for so long, and get ready for school.

Yay - super excited about your 2014 trip too and the possible engagement of your dd... That must be such a wonderful thing. And how fun to plan a trip around it. Swoon....

D~

Hi D~ so glad you are following along. :goodvibes
What is LDW? I know what you are saying about exhausting the kids before school starts. IF school does start on the Tues. before Labor Day. It will be the day after we come back! We'll just have to plan a couple days toward the end of the vaca to relax more than usual.
No news from the superintendents office yet on the official start date.

As far as being in the world for 2014 or IF DDBF even proposes to her then. That is in the VERY early stages of planning. I am a bit suspicious DDBF may be planning this double fam vaca just to throw DD off of his real plans. He is a cute kid. ... well young man I guess is more the term I should use. :)

I'll be back with photos of my Disney purchase(s). :eek:

Hi D~ so glad you are following along. :goodvibes
What is LDW?

Labor Day Weekend - I was just being lazy this morning. ;)

I know what you are saying about exhausting the kids before school starts. IF school does start on the Tues. before Labor Day. It will be the day after we come back! We'll just have to plan a couple days toward the end of the vaca to relax more than usual.
No news from the superintendents office yet on the official start date.

As far as being in the world for 2014 or IF DDBF even proposes to her then. That is in the VERY early stages of planning. I am a bit suspicious DDBF may be planning this double fam vaca just to throw DD off of his real plans. He is a cute kid. ... well young man I guess is more the term I should use. :)

I'll be back with photos of my Disney purchase(s). :eek:

Hmmm... Whatdidja buy???

D~

LDW ...Labor Day weekend... of course. :rotfl: You must go slow with me some times.

I've been eyeing something ...special... for about a year now. looking at different types, colors, sizes, manufacturers. But, finally I ordered them online. The package was delivered yesterday.
It was................

DisneyhardsideluggageHeys4.jpg

LUGGAGE! I decided to buy all 3 pieces. One checked for me & one carry on for me, and one for DD.

I was very surprised at how colorful they are. They didn't look that bright on the website. I am pleasantly surprised.

Today DH, DD#1, and I went to BJ's Wholesale and I found a cute little extra for our trips relaxing days.

travelgamesfordisney.jpg

travel size trouble & Guess Who.

So that is it for tonights update.

D~ I just realized I never answered your question regarding BoG. no. not yet. I keep trying. If we don't it will be okay.

Speaking of ADR's.... I did change a couple of things.

The more I thought of taking DD to Teppan Edo for her birthday dinner, the less I liked it. She may be uncomfortable sitting at a table with others. If that is the case I would hate for it to be on her bday.
So, the changes begin....

We changed TE to the Coral Reef. We have never eaten here either so it will be a nice addition to our restaurant list. I am told to request a table near the tanks when we get there & to mention it is DD's bday. So, that is the plan. However, I was looking forward to trying TE so I got an ADR for lunch there one the 24th. Although, this was supposed to be a low budget vacation, I keep justifying the sit downs because it is only the 3 of us. DH voiced that he doesn't want ADR's for every day. So, it maybe that I will be canceling 1 or 2 to fee up more days. He too is excited about trying new restaurants, and he hates to give up the ones we love like CM's. So we will see how my saving goes. Of course buying the luggage wasn't helpful in the savings account department.

:offtopic: But, in all fairness I had received money last Christmas & this Christmas that I had put away for it. Now I just have to replenish the little extra I took from the WDW fund. There is something I must admit. I am a luggage addict. Almost as much as I am a Disney addict. Although, it is possible they are connected. :rolleyes1 I see luggage & I am taking to planning a Disney vacation. My happy place. We have luggage. Which is probably the 1 reason I hadn't purchased it before now. In Nov. when we went DH luggage broke. It was the black canvas Disney luggage that has the small Mickey Mouse emblem on the front. We both had a set we had bought years ago. Two of the kids had been using the middle size pieces. Last Christmas they each wanted a hardsided to go on a college trip to Europe. So, Santa brought them each one. I fell in love with the ease of the hardsided to wheel! That's when I wanted one. So, when DH's broke, I found it in my heart to give him mine. :laughing: He is smart ...he knew.
Now, here is the humorous part. When I was looking Disney online I asked DH his opinion on some. He noticed the new softsided black Mickey luggage & LOVED it. So, I think I know what DH is getting for his bday/fathers day gift. He will have to settle for 1 piece though.

So, back to the plans. Below are the new plans for ADR's:

Coral Reef august 20th 8:15pm $97 incl dis & tip
Chef mickeys august 21 7:35 am apprx $95 incl dis + tip
1900 park fare august 21 dinner =appr $127.
Ohana- august 22 dinner $85. Disc +tip
Sanaa- august 23 11:30am. Incl disc.+tip
Teppan Eco august 24 = apprx.$85incl disc & tip

The cost I apprx. using the menus on allears, including the 20%discount for TIW and adding 15% tip. In most cases I have estimated high for 2 reasons, 1) we usually leave more than 15% tip and 2) Dh may want to order an alcoholic beverage. So that leaves us wiggle room. Just realized I didn't figure Sannaa yet. I will have to do that.

Anyone been to Sanaa? I am wondering if we will see any animals at 11:30am in late August. Any thoughts? Honestly, it is the main reason for eating there. The date & time are also very convenient since.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter