Typical Offer Response Time

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Bciris, Dec 26, 2013.

  1. Bciris

    Bciris Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    24
    I put an offer in for a resale contract last Friday and have not heard back yet. Is this typical? I realize this was Christmas week but I was actually expecting a response on Monday. What is the typical timeline for offer/acceptance? Is it acceptable to put out multiple offers if I'm only willing to go thru with one purchase?
     
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.



    to hide this adverts.
  3. Msmithmd

    Msmithmd DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1,173
    I personally would wait one full business day before I made a second offer. Considering you have already waited more than that, I would go ahead with another offer if you desire. It would be worth a call to fidelity to check.

    You have no legal obligation until you have a signed contract and money in escrow.

    I'm not saying to make ten different offers- while that is legally allowed, it would ethically be cruel to the sellers. But yeah, if you haven't heard back in six days, go right ahead with another option if Fidelity doesn't have an answer by telephone now.
     
  4. DVC Dude

    DVC Dude Disney World Rocks!

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2006
    Messages:
    763
    It depends on the seller not Fidelity as they are the ones that make the decision to accept or not.

    Fidelity usually contacts the sellers immediately and then have to wait for a reply.
     
  5. Deb & Bill

    Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2000
    Messages:
    44,860
    I think week would be a bad time to expect to get a quick response from the owner. They may be out of town and out of touch with the company. I wouldn't expect to hear anything from any seller this week at all. Even the companies would have staff out on vacation and might even have their offices shut down for a few days.

    I would pull the first offer before making a second. Nothing more annoying than a buyer who makes an offer, gets a positive response from the seller and backs out on the seller. You have just wasted their time as well. And pretty much made their contract unavailable to other buyers during that time.

    I just think your timing for an offer isn't that good right now.
     
  6. Dee77

    Dee77 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    Messages:
    2,313
    How do you know it was Fidelity???
     
  7. DVC Dude

    DVC Dude Disney World Rocks!

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2006
    Messages:
    763
    oopsie, we may have just assumed that one.
     
  8. Bciris

    Bciris Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    24
    It was a pretty good assumption....

    I understand people are traveling and busy but the agent should at least respond to me that he's still waiting for a response when I sent the follow up email on Monday. Now days everyone has a cell phone and email also so I don't feel a response back within 6 days, even in the holiday season, is unreasonable. I have been in communications with other brokerages since Monday and they have been responsive.
     
  9. DVC Dude

    DVC Dude Disney World Rocks!

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2006
    Messages:
    763
    I had that happen once when the seller was in a foreign country and I simply moved on to another contract.

    I was pleased with Fidelity and they really do want to move contracts.
     
  10. MiramarQE

    MiramarQE Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2012
    Messages:
    269
    I started buying last week (making offers through brokers), made an offer yesterday morning and heard back that afternoon and that was the LONGEST time I had to wait - hasn't taken more than a few hours to get an answer from 2 different brokers (nothing accepted yet - but I've been getting answers).

    Maybe you need to change brokers!
     
  11. 77kool

    77kool Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2010
    Messages:
    34
    We had motivated sellers, but we found out the next day that they countered at $60 (which we accepted). Our experience with Fidelity was wonderful and everything was quicker than they said it was going to be. They said it was going to be two weeks until we close, but we closed the day after the title company received our closing docs (and this was Christmas Eve).
     

Share This Page